EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
I just replied to this thread, and in less than a minute, my reply vanished from that thread.

I said "This company is pure evil, and they will continue getting away with it as long as you keep giving them your money." Apparently, that's an instant deleted reply LOL. Wow. These fucks are beyond help.

Same here. I did my best to not be specific, but I mentioned my hope that a concerted efforted is made in eliminating platinum/vendorable items on accounts that have been suspended because in the past with similar less severe/widespread issues, there has consistantly been a giant platinum inflational spike a couple weeks after the initial hole is plugged (obviously insinuating accounts that got suspended got to keep their platinum/goods and that they buyout the market again when their suspension ends). The amount of nazi level moderation and suppresion of speech on their public forums is comical.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If Quarm could get a better client for camera reasons (unless its been fixed in the past couple weeks) NOONE would care about TLP if Quarm recycled every couple years
That's silly. Plenty of people who play TLP have no interest in Quarm. The number of players who play on a TLP is many times greater than Quarm and thousands play past the point that Quarm ends. Some people prefer the hybrid classic/modern interpretation of old EQ.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
That's silly. Plenty of people who play TLP have no interest in Quarm. The number of players who play on a TLP is many times greater than Quarm and thousands play past the point that Quarm ends. Some people prefer the hybrid classic/modern interpretation of old EQ.
Individual people. no way.

If you got rid of the bots, the warpers and multiplicity users. I'd bet you find there would be luckily 1000 individual players on TLPs.

• 1Seriously?

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider

Agreed, I've never really had much desire to play on Quarm - not so much due to lack of effort to make the Everquest experience as close as possible to it's original state (which Secrets did do an incredible job at) but more so because of the uncontrollable nature of what a 25 year old game transcends into. Sure you have elements like corpse runs and restrictive travel that added to the game's initial difficulty, but it's no longer possible to replicate entering an unmapped zone, not knowing what spawns where, what the drops are etc.

The excitement of the unknown and new can't be replicated unfortunately. On Quarm, there are already lines and lists of people getting every piece of rubicite armor and all know every intimate detail of the game, mapped out to the second and pixel. I'd love to be able to recreate the early days of Everquest traveling to the unknown, stumbling across a red con character with a piece of shiny red armor and wondering "what is that!?" but unfortunately it's just not possible to do. What's left is hoping new TLP concepts implemented are fun and interesting. Mischief added some elements of that unknown and excitement with random loot and free trade, though has lost some of it's luster in the later stages of the game.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Individual people. no way.

If you got rid of the bots, the warpers and multiplicity users. I'd bet you find there would be luckily 1000 individual players on TLPs.
Many people like I would never play on a original EQ server like quarm. I much prefer the more raid friendly TLP experience. I raid up to 6 times a week on oakwynd: VT x 2, Ssra x 2, acrylia and deep. Almost all targets are in DZ.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just replied to this thread, and in less than a minute, my reply vanished from that thread.

I said "This company is pure evil, and they will continue getting away with it as long as you keep giving them your money." Apparently, that's an instant deleted reply LOL. Wow. These fucks are beyond help.

Maybe take a break for a bit if you think their incompetence is "pure evil", that calling a business evil and telling people not to do business with them is something a business would want on their forums, or that your post in any way "helps"

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I was a csr working for a company and someone posted a comment on a company-hosted medium calling the company pure evil, I would immediately delete that comment without a moment's hesitation. Any csr who saw but did NOT delete the comment I would assume is getting reprimanded or fired.

Not sure what you expect.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lot of doom and gloom in here about the state of the game and the competence of the people managing it.

...and unfortunately pretty much all of it is spot-on.

• 1Like

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Many people like I would never play on a original EQ server like quarm. I much prefer the more raid friendly TLP experience. I raid up to 6 times a week on oakwynd: VT x 2, Ssra x 2, acrylia and deep. Almost all targets are in DZ.

Well, You know what they say. Opinions are like assholes.. Everyone.. yadayada..

Unfortunately, we only have Sir Elderan's numbers. Which don't differentiate between actual players and bots/boxes.

PS: 6 times a week in luclin. Your resilience is impressive :)

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Well, You know what they say. Opinions are like assholes.. Everyone.. yadayada..

Unfortunately, we only have Sir Elderan's numbers. Which don't differentiate between actual players and bots/boxes.

PS: 6 times a week in luclin. Your resilience is impressive :)
I find the resilience of players grinding 55-60 in the same 3 camps on p99 much more impressive. You also point to another key reason why tlp are attractive: boxing. I really dont see myself or my guildmates going back to playing one guy only. The game becomes drastically better and more intricate with boxing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lot of doom and gloom in here about the state of the game and the competence of the people managing it.

...and unfortunately pretty much all of it is spot-on.
EQ is a lot more fun when you just play the game instead of doomscroll on their forums.

But doomscrolling is so much fun. Let me go read the 8 threads on how they are mishandling Personas now.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I find the resilience of players grinding 55-60 in the same 3 camps on p99 much more impressive. You also point to another key reason why tlp are attractive: boxing. I really dont see myself or my guildmates going back to playing one guy only. The game becomes drastically better and more intricate with boxing.

I generally agree when it comes to 2 boxes. I get why a non instanced game prevents it, there already aint enough to go around in ways. But having a 2 stack so you can effectively play alone is great, but it gets out of hand beyond that and pushes so many people out. WHen everyone is 3 or more stacking there is no social aspect of leveling, and its just autists fighting to solo. No one who wants to play a single box will ever find anyone to play with.

Thats why I see Quarm/P99 and TLP as no where near the same thing. I play both for different experiences.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If I was a csr working for a company and someone posted a comment on a company-hosted medium calling the company pure evil, I would immediately delete that comment without a moment's hesitation. Any csr who saw but did NOT delete the comment I would assume is getting reprimanded or fired.

Lot of SoE/DBG dick sucking going on around here.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Yup. Pretty much this. If I was paid to work on EQ as a CM, I'd be removing comments like that on or off the clock because I was given permission to, public perception be damned, that isn't my problem if you give me a broad criteria of shit to remove.

In fact, I was paid to do exactly that as a customer support rep for a game I worked on - CM set really arbitrarily stupid rules, I enforced them, and players are like shockedpikachu.jpg when I did my job better than everyone else and half the forum banned. (By the way, the CM was taken off that project, and the players' all unbanned)

It means potential bonuses and something I can point out on a performance review so I'm not first on layoffs - bonus in this case, since I would have done it in record time, too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What exactly happened? I haven't kept up here.

1. A feature of the new expansion caused an item dupe/plat dupe. It was not fixed immediately nor was there a rollback.
2. Cheating is barely policed at all including huge cheats like warps and botting.
3. One of the features of Oakwynd, a 10% legacy exp bonus for each max level character you have, is bugged and (still) doesn't apply to AA.
4. In like two weeks a new expansion is coming out with "personas" that work like FFXIV's job system which is ultimately a lot of Oakwynd's features being replicated and handed out.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
4. In like two weeks a new expansion is coming out with "personas" that work like FFXIV's job system which is ultimately a lot of Oakwynd's features being replicated and handed out.
With Personas sharing lockout timers and not sharing levels/AAs, how big do you guys think Personas will be on TLPs? You can't even switch to them except in starting cities / fast camp zones.

Feels like a heirloom-everything will be way more useful than Personas until you get late enough in the game for flags / achievements to be a big part of your character.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If Quarm could get a better client for camera reasons (unless its been fixed in the past couple weeks) NOONE would care about TLP if Quarm recycled every couple years
Quarm's camera is better - there was a major fix recently.

I'm not sure I will ever recycle Quarm every couple years based on how this launch has gone. I can't see myself putting myself through the classic launch period again.
Maybe with a Kunark start next time.

TLP needs to succeed so they can have the folks that want even easier, arcade-y EQ. It has a place. This dupe has been unfortunate as fuck.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
With Personas sharing lockout timers and not sharing levels/AAs, how big do you guys think Personas will be on TLPs? You can't even switch to them except in starting cities / fast camp zones.

Feels like a heirloom-everything will be way more useful than Personas until you get late enough in the game for flags / achievements to be a big part of your character.

The current use case of the heirloom loot is to turn Oakwynd in to Selo but with twice the amount of required grinding.

Having a copy of your main character for the express purpose of getting another DZ lockout per week is completely unsustainable and won't survive PoP much less anything beyond that.

Personas will be the new future of TLPs and the 25th will heavily incentivize them.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity