EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
But.. that's just implemented on every truebox server? The same thing happened to me when I tried to get my S/O to play on Mischief with me, we couldn't do it because any time we pressed a key close to the same time we were disconnected. It's lame but it's just how they attempt to prevent sending multiple keystrokes to multiple accounts at the same time.
Shortly after the Shadows of Luclin expansion was opened on the Phinigel server, the key pressing issue got way worse which is what we all see today regardless of if your account is flagged or not.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Shortly after

..so to reply to your other post, the kick to desktop thing is probably not a flag, they added a 'feature' later to hinder multiboxing. I've 2 boxed on Oakwynd a bit, and it only really happens when I get like 4 adds, and panick while hitting the same key at the same time. Preeeety sure it happens to everyone.

FWIW I agree about the bot / perma camper situation ;)

The cool part of using SEQ is you can see all the people warping around maps that never get banned. :)

SEQ doesn't update player positions very often, unless they are near you or just zone in. Err, so I heard from a friend, I'm totally that 0.005% that doesn't use it!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ill be that babies daddy.

SEQ doesn't update player positions very often, unless they are near you or just zone in. Err, so I heard from a friend, I'm totally that 0.005% that doesn't use it!
There was something that I came across on my little stint on Michief that made the game poll for data more often. I cant recall if it was just a parameter within SEQ or something on EQBot or what. - Yea, Ill be that babies daddy. When Kunark rolled around and I saw the competing guild warp in on raid targets - I knew the playing field was fucked if I didnt. Once you start using that shit, you start to pick up on everybody else using that shit and its no small number of people. I have no itch to play EQ again anytime soon, so I really dont care. But I do agree that it would be legit if they actually did crack down on that shit. I warped to VP exit and a GM was in the zone that I didnt catch till I was already running from Trash Mobs - he/she gave no fucks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Mischief had a dupe in 2021.

Mischief dupe was related to Krono subscriptions expiring. When a Krono sub expired you'd have like 15 mins of time before you would get kicked out of the game. This would sometimes cause a one sided rollback. Not super abusable because you could only do it once per account per month, unless you had say a large amount of plat/items from running a GDKP or small man.

It was on Mischief from like Velious to GoD.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief dupe was related to Krono subscriptions expiring. When a Krono sub expired you'd have like 15 mins of time before you would get kicked out of the game. This would sometimes cause a one sided rollback. Not super abusable because you could only do it once per account per month, unless you had say a large amount of plat/items from running a GDKP or small man.

It was on Mischief from like Velious to GoD.
Sounds like a different matter from the one I am talking about.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
.22% impact of plat on Oakwynd, source: trust us bros

Kronos are a cool 600k in the bazaar currently, nothing to see here. I personally have 7 digits of plat on me and I didn't even have a tradeskill depot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"After sifting through data, we learned that the total impact of this exploit was much less severe than was initially presumed."

I'm not sure I've ever been called "stupid" in such a manner before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zish

Trakanon Raider
"Across all EverQuest servers, the increased platinum generated equated to roughly 0.44% of the total economy"

I dunno man, a .5% gain on 25 years worth of platinum seems like a lot to me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Smart exploiters would've turned the plat into something that vendors for a high return anyways. Nothing says "ban me!" like having 80 million platinum in Luclin or whatever. That shit got put into rubies/plat bars (or started and stayed there) immediately.

Just like a bank heist. You take a little out as you need it and then several years down the line you're free to go wild.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Smart exploiters would've turned the plat into something that vendors for a high return anyways. Nothing says "ban me!" like having 80 million platinum in Luclin or whatever. That shit got put into rubies/plat bars (or started and stayed there) immediately.

Just like a bank heist. You take a little out as you need it and then several years down the line you're free to go wild.

You didn't have to hide shit.

Just 'buy' 50m plat from someone for a krono, 0 chance they are ever reversing a krono transaction or deleting items you acquired in a krono trade.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
They in fact delete krono whale accounts all the time unless under the usual protection. Guildbanks have to split up guild krono on multiple accounts for just that reason.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In case anyone still cares: legacy XP still doesn't work, economy still in shambles, server confirmed dead

RI is taking a break/quit already, dunno what other guilds are still playing, but I can't imagine why they would at this point

New WoW server is kinda cool tho

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
In case anyone still cares: legacy XP still doesn't work, economy still in shambles, server confirmed dead

RI is taking a break/quit already, dunno what other guilds are still playing, but I can't imagine why they would at this point

New WoW server is kinda cool tho
Was wondering why we got so many OW VT targets for free. Makes sense. But nothing you mention really matter for people just playing to experience the content / raid. Having to pay 100 pp for spider silk instead of 10 doesnt change anything for me.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the legacy bonus fuck up had me soured on the server as it was, then the dupe happened, could live with that as I profited a bit from it, but the lack of communication, followed by the bullshit responses from Angeliana "Acshually it's the players fault for spreading misinformation" and JChans 2.2% Bagdad Bob bullshit were just the extra kick in the nuts to send me over to try SoD.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the legacy bonus fuck up had me soured on the server as it was, then the dupe happened, could live with that as I profited a bit from it, but the lack of communication, followed by the bullshit responses from Angeliana "Acshually it's the players fault for spreading misinformation" and JChans 2.2% Bagdad Bob bullshit were just the extra kick in the nuts to send me over to try SoD.

Yeah the lack of communication seemed like more of a kick in the pants than the actual problem.

See also: How Jirard the Completionist ruined his career the last few weeks.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The legacy bonus fuck up is hilarious at how big of a fuck you it is to the people who took the server seriously. Given that the bonus resets whenever there is a level increase, the only real benefit is AA or leveling alts. Seeing how the reward is pathetic (10% per max level character), people who only have a mirror or two are largely unaffected. People who went all out, on the other hand, and leveled 10 characters for the 100% bonus basically will not have it for the entire expansion where it actually matters. As soon as PoP hits they lose their entire legacy bonus due to the level increase.

Since leveling a new character (or paying Aplus) takes a long time to 'pay off' at 10%, it was really just a way to shift XP grinding to pre-Luclin so you could be way ahead on the AA grind. At this point, the fix won't be in until the dead period prior to PoP. The people who just paid the PLers post Luclin release really won out here (until the entire server went to shit).

re: server health, the combination of bans with a new WoW classic server is a death knell to these poor TLPs. It happened on Vaniki where DBG had the foresight to plan a ban wave right before WotLK classic launched. This year, not far off from the same time, they have the plat dupe + bans + SoD.

If it's not intentional, I am surprised DBG is not more aware of their competition in the 'nostalgia' sphere. One thing Blizzard always did well was to steal what worked from other games and then time their xpac/patch launches to steal the air from competitor's releases. My guess is they just kind of washed their hands of Oakwynd (like they did Vaniki) and are moving on to the 25th. Though I'm sure people will be rushing back for PoP now with the +25% coin loot that is coming. :D

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pretty bold of you to assume there will even be a 25th server the way things are going at this point.

And even if there is, who's gonna give a fuck anymore? Unless they magically pull a complete 180 and start enforcing box armies/warping/automation no one is actually gonna care or take it seriously enough to 'compete'.