EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty bold of you to assume there will even be a 25th server the way things are going at this point.

And even if there is, who's gonna give a fuck anymore? Unless they magically pull a complete 180 and start enforcing box armies/warping/automation no one is actually gonna care or take it seriously enough to 'compete'.
LMAO as if you degenerates wouldn't show up for a new TLP server even if the gimmick was a turd plopped out on your desk for each quest you complete

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty bold of you to assume there will even be a 25th server the way things are going at this point.

And even if there is, who's gonna give a fuck anymore? Unless they magically pull a complete 180 and start enforcing box armies/warping/automation no one is actually gonna care or take it seriously enough to 'compete'.

If they just have a fun ruleset people will be back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they just have a fun ruleset people will be back.

For the most part yes but also no. This is two TLP servers in two consecutive years that had some kind of critical failure - Vaniki and Oakwynd. A cool ruleset is absolutely required before I begin to give a shit but so what if there is. I need that ruleset to remain fuctional for more than a couple of months. That's a tall order these days. From my time on Vaniki and my time on Oakwynd my goodwill regarding a game I technically still like has been exhausted. On top of the trashed economy and legacy character system failure to work with AAs Oakwynd is just all cheating all the time. Even if I wanted to go big on the 25th I know it's going to be all cheaters trying to out cheat each other so why bother. I've been on those raids. They're boring as fuck.

I expect the 25th to still be successful but we're rapidly running out of road for these things. That server is going to have a whole bunch of people return, see the state of the game and fuck back off to Super Wow Classic Plus Gooder or P-ninety Quarm and that'll be that. You won't get them to show up again. Just Oakwynd generated a big fucking crowd that's basically done with the game. The server's premier raiding guild is on hiatus. I'm doubtful they're coming back even if there's technically a date set.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just give us mischief server rules with rizlona social rules, and add two zeroes to plat drop amounts. Throw in overseer. You dont have to worry about hax, bots, dupes, or plvler farms if you just give it all away for free!

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also go ahead and start with Mercs right off the bat and remove key/zone restrictions.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Most people who play TLP aren't there to compete so that's kind of irrelevant.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Mischief with randomized group drops, but not the raid nonsense where groupable mobs were dropping bis items.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mischief with randomized group drops, but not the raid nonsense where groupable mobs were dropping bis items.

That would be a good way to get people into underutilized zones to get uncontested camps and try for rare drops.

Regime Regime Hiero Cloak in Dalnir bay-beeee!

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Not mine but found it amusing, the real producers letter.

Everquest Producers Letter Goodbye 2023, Hello 2024! by Jan Chen

This year we did alot of things. We started many things and finished only a few things. The one thing we finished is the new expansion, but it isn't working properly so you can't play the rest of the game right now. We started so many things like UI scaling but didn't finish them. We got a Direct X11 port to test, but didn't get it incorporated into the actual game. This year and this year only we did things and stuff. For a limited time, you can get a free orc mercenary metamorph wand, and also you can spend 45$ to buy a clockwork bear mount at the beginning of 2024. Thanks for paying our bills, kind subscribers of the Everquest. Without you buying exp potions, we wouldn't have jobs.

Sincerely, Jan Chen

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not mine but found it amusing, the real producers letter.

Everquest Producers Letter Goodbye 2023, Hello 2024! by Jan Chen

This year we did alot of things. We started many things and finished only a few things. The one thing we finished is the new expansion, but it isn't working properly so you can't play the rest of the game right now. We started so many things like UI scaling but didn't finish them. We got a Direct X11 port to test, but didn't get it incorporated into the actual game. This year and this year only we did things and stuff. For a limited time, you can get a free orc mercenary metamorph wand, and also you can spend 45$ to buy a clockwork bear mount at the beginning of 2024. Thanks for paying our bills, kind subscribers of the Everquest. Without you buying exp potions, we wouldn't have jobs.

Sincerely, Jan Chen
Greetings Norrathians!

This year is going to be great!

We hired S Secrets to restore Freeport, we have a new server based off of Mischief rules with relaxed boxing , and a new server called Project M: Gnoll Pup.

Sincerely,

A Unicorn 🦄

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief > All. Server is nearly 3 years old and it maintains High pop metrics more than Oakwynd. No other server even gets an honorable mention.
EQservers.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Supposedly they fixed the AA xp issue today, also giving oakwynd a 200% xp bonus for a week.

The time to do this was a month ago when it didn't work in the first place, or maybe when the servers economy imploded

They are trying to bail water out of the titanic at this point.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Greetings Norrathians!

This year is going to be great!

We hired S Secrets to restore Freeport, we have a new server based off of Mischief rules with relaxed boxing , and a new server called Project M: Gnoll Pup.

Much better than any actual announcements coming out of this crew. It's bonkers how they have people spelling it out for them and still manage to be clueless about how to get people pumped.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The most important time to have the 200% xp bonus is the second half of Luclin, when people are eager to raid VT and still need the edge in AAs for competition! 🙃

• 1Worf