EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That sounds terrible

I'd do short unlocks so it wouldn't be a normal 3 month cycle. I'm saying it'd be similar to the Vaniki we got, just with the unlocks spaced out and not clumped together. So like two weeks at 40 in Classic, two weeks at 50 in Kunark, two weeks of Velious, two weeks of Luclin, two weeks of PoP at 55.

Sort of a combination of Selo and Vaniki. Maybe even throw in a Mischief component of everything being droppable. Would be the craziest server ever and I bet it'd live longer than a few months this time.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I always wanted sort of the opposite. Release in batches, but catch up to normal level/power before releasing more. So when pop-god comes out, you stay 60 a bit, then can be 65. Then when the 70s release, you stay 65 a bit, then later can get 70. Being perpetually behind in levels seemed to scare away a lot of friends, who found it tedious, as the game was always hard mode. What I'm suggesting is instead having a race/challenge period followed by the farm period.

Id like a tss launch personally but I wouldnt expect big pops there. I also think a ton of people would hilariously skip it and do luclin and dodh type shit to 75.

Yeah, half the appeal of a TSS start is having all those new 1-70 leveling zones to make use of / funnel the players. It'd be like a brand new game for a lot of people.

Except in practice you'd go in on release day and Blightfire Moors would be empty because everyone would be packed into Field of Bone and Commonlands.

What would be cool is like, a Dragonspine server where the ONLY thing unlocked for the first month is TSS (since all races can start there). See how that shakes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly, it’s going to take something unique to get me interested in anything other than a mischief or FV style progression server.

I love being able to wear no drop raid loot on my twinks.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
mischief + a random mob generator would be neat - like every rare has a 15% chance to spawn something same level. Mobs drop their loot + % of random loot. Classic 1 mo, but gear is interesting BC the randomness can reach out to the next expansion.

Ghoul Lord can be Drolvarg Captain, etc, but can't be anything from Velious until Kunark releases.

The randomness and chance to get ahead by farming an area without a lot of competition, but lots of rares, would give people something to do that don't feel like only raiding. Is next xpansion gear better than raid gear? Not usually, but its competitive and would also be fun for some big ticket auction items if you get something super strong like Vibrating Gauntlets of Infuse from a Hate farm.

Finally, to make things extra spicy and reward the nature of TLP - The first kill on a mob is guaranteed to drop 500% loot. Second kill 400%, 3rd 300%, etc. So you get rewarded for pushing the envelope and gearing out your squad before each expansion. Once a mob is killed 5 times open world, it reverts to the standard mischief loot randomness + randomness to drop extra.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’d do a server with droppable gear, double exp, double loot, double faction, half lockouts (or half spawn time for OW), much faster unlock times for each expansion.

Start with velious/kunark/classic, release luclin at 8 and then do 4-6 week unlocks for each expansion, with some of the shittier ones combined. Combine ldon with pop and make it a couple weeks longer. Release DoN with OoW, make it a bit longer since OoW has 2.0s. Release PoR with DoDH. Basically do whatever release schedule they need to speed up the level 70 stagnation. I’ve never made it past 70 besides fucking around on live, not many people are willing to invest years of time to get there.

Oh, and fucking balance the classes at least a little. Tired of the excuse “live servers use the same code”. That could easily be worked around, they just don’t want to spend the time. No reason monks should be the only dps class worth playing for 20 expansions

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I’d do a server with droppable gear, double exp, double loot, double faction, half lockouts (or half spawn time for OW), much faster unlock times for each expansion.

Start with velious/kunark/classic, release luclin at 8 and then do 4-6 week unlocks for each expansion, with some of the shittier ones combined. Combine ldon with pop and make it a couple weeks longer. Release DoN with OoW, make it a bit longer since OoW has 2.0s. Release PoR with DoDH. Basically do whatever release schedule they need to speed up the level 70 stagnation. I’ve never made it past 70 besides fucking around on live, not many people are willing to invest years of time to get there.

Oh, and fucking balance the classes at least a little. Tired of the excuse “live servers use the same code”. That could easily be worked around, they just don’t want to spend the time. No reason monks should be the only dps class worth playing for 20 expansions

Fixing class balance would be pretty big. Live code shouldn't really matter if it's specific to the earlier levels.

Who gives a shit how live is balanced for the levels your merc carries you through, anyways?

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to give it another run soon. My issue with Vaniki is I've had like 6-8 weeks of super busy work stuff and haven't had time to play. Now we're in 65 and so much stuff to do (raising factions with whatever, quests, etc) that are required for progression... I'm a bit daunted by that fact. Trying to play catch up when I return in 2 weeks almost makes me not want to try since by then we'll already be midway through 65.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
mischief + a random mob generator would be neat - like every rare has a 15% chance to spawn something same level. Mobs drop their loot + % of random loot. Classic 1 mo, but gear is interesting BC the randomness can reach out to the next expansion.

That would be a horrible server to play on but it would be funny AF to watch.

Fear zone in swarmed with 10 Phinnys
Sky bees spliting into Naggy+Vox and Draco at the same time.
Going for 500% loot pinata server first Aten only to have Emp spawn as Lord Seru so you get no rifts after spending the whole day farming Emp keys.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mischief loot rules + epic pieces can drop from rares in said epic pieces "range" - Impure Heart of Zordak Ragefire can drop the traditional way, or also from Gorenaire, Sev, VS, etc. Metal pipe can drop from pawbuster like usual, but also from Captain, Chef in Seb, etc. Make the drops rare, sure, but allow it to be "possible".

Then, I'd also add mercs from level 1 and relaxed truebox once GoD releases.

• 1Picard

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Are you guys popping mad amounts of glyphs?
I don't think we've used bunches of glyphs on each encounter. The hardest one we've done so far for sure was Stitch.

We got to Slothgar the other day but didn't beat him. My understanding is Lethar would be next if we can take Slothgar down.

• 1Like

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
How much manpower would it take to down Cragbeast Queen now? Wondering what it would take to get that raid currency claim for Mischief.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How much manpower would it take to down Cragbeast Queen now? Wondering what it would take to get that raid currency claim for Mischief.
She was temporarily removed because people cried that killing her on Vaniki would crush other server economies.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
She was temporarily removed because people cried that killing her on Vaniki would crush other server economies.
Wow so that's the actual reason it was removed? I saw that post in the Vaniki channel and thought it was about some unrelated exploit.

So raid currency is tradable a la radiant crystals I take it?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That would be a horrible server to play on but it would be funny AF to watch.

Fear zone in swarmed with 10 Phinnys
Sky bees spliting into Naggy+Vox and Draco at the same time.
Going for 500% loot pinata server first Aten only to have Emp spawn as Lord Seru so you get no rifts after spending the whole day farming Emp keys.
Probably impossible since you would need to add every mob to the global load which I don’t think the game can handle. Currently eq only loads mob models from the zone you are in plus what’s in the global load txt. Maybe with the 64 bit client they can do it though.