EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone explain to me how you get to lvl 50 in classic in a day played, without xp pots? I keep hearing that claim and it seems impossible.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Can anyone explain to me how you get to lvl 50 in classic in a day played, without xp pots? I keep hearing that claim and it seems impossible.

Without exp pots must be a PL post launch rush.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Do you mean on TLPs? Zaide's crew made it to 50 in I think just under 30 hours which was BLAZING fast even with access to better loot through the Mischief ruleset. On Aradune he clocked in server first to 50 at 39ish hours which is plenty damn fast but closer to expected. That's with exp pots going, optimized routes and a few helpers running errands like selling trash and delivering spells/reagents.

If we could take a trip back to Ragefire's launch there's enough shit to take advantage of that you might be able to get sub 24 but all the obvious stuff is fixed/changed. You really have to just grind it out the old fashioned way.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
With the right comp, and exp pots, you can. I'd say honestly the biggest factor besides the group composition (Enchanter + many mages) is whether or not The Hole is opened. If you're talking day one, yeah, you gotta game REAL hard to get that 24 hours /played, if it's a few days in and some one has opened The Hole and you're not fuckin' goblin butts for 4+ levels, then it's not nearly as bad.

I just checked and going hard at the beginning of Mangler and then slacking off a bit 30+ and DEFINITELY slacking 42+ it took me 73 hours to hit 50 as a shaman. This is with mostly exp pots, a non-ideal group (I think cleric, mage, SK, SK, monk, and shaman) and there MAY have been a few hours of killing HG's in Rathe for some early plat around the 30's. Honestly in straight grind numbers with a mostly weird group comp it probably was something like 40ish hours, but I did wait for the Hole to be opened and even did the opening Vox/Nagafen raids before I was 50.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Gates is the first expansion that changes the TLP exp rate so that's definitely a boost. What's the lowest level content the rest of the expansion has?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
OK, so its not like a group of 4-6 can just push in 24 hours /played. Still, that shit took me 6 or 7 months back in '99.
Yeah in that post there it was a six man group and I hit 50 at like 23 hours 50 minutes. Ran 25% exp pots the entire time.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
With the right comp, and exp pots, you can. I'd say honestly the biggest factor besides the group composition (Enchanter + many mages) is whether or not The Hole is opened. If you're talking day one, yeah, you gotta game REAL hard to get that 24 hours /played, if it's a few days in and some one has opened The Hole and you're not fuckin' goblin butts for 4+ levels, then it's not nearly as bad.

I just checked and going hard at the beginning of Mangler and then slacking off a bit 30+ and DEFINITELY slacking 42+ it took me 73 hours to hit 50 as a shaman. This is with mostly exp pots, a non-ideal group (I think cleric, mage, SK, SK, monk, and shaman) and there MAY have been a few hours of killing HG's in Rathe for some early plat around the 30's. Honestly in straight grind numbers with a mostly weird group comp it probably was something like 40ish hours, but I did wait for the Hole to be opened and even did the opening Vox/Nagafen raids before I was 50.
I think The Hole is slower than Goblin Island tbh.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

You don't.

You get it day 2 if you run a meta comp with 1 Cleric 3 or 4 Mages and 1 or 2 chanters. Even then you still have to chain chug all the Pots that increase XP and not sleep for like 40 hours straight. It's really just about abusing how broken mage pets are and getting ahead of the leveling curve so you get multiple camps in all the best zones as you level. Then abusing broken charm pets for the last 10 levels or so.

With a more normal group setup and no pots it take more like 60-70 hours /played.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're showing up during an exp holiday you can get down that far. Zaide did an exhibition leveling run last year or the year before that and was finished in under 24. That's a different animal than a launch run though.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think my group spent more time to hunting down replacement players opening Agnarr weekend than leveling

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think The Hole is slower than Goblin Island tbh.
Goblin Island is scaled differently than The Hole. The Hole has Planar NPC stats, whereas Goblin Island is scaled to default "Expansion 0" NPC stats, on top of a lot of the NPCs being casters that have no health.

Warrior class being on an NPC actually gives it a significant boost to health pool and AC. So any Rogue or Shaman NPC is going to die quicker than a Warrior NPC.

The Hole is filled to the brim with rock golems, which are 50-51 warrior NPCs in a 'planar' scaled zone. They'll have as much as other warrior NPCs around that level and the slight increase in XP isn't worth it compared to grinding a mass quantity of mobs within 10 levels of your level.

The quantity and density of low HP NPCs coupled with the respawn rate makes revamped OOT goblins the best XP spot once you can charm there. Without a charm pet, you're actually going to kill slower, even with mage pets. The alternative strat is to AOE, of course, but a 6man group that is trying to go for firsts won't have that option.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've never personally done goblin island and I know Dino charmpet is key, but you can also charm golems in the Hole and many of the hole elementals for instance are also wizards and rogues. The problem is a golem breaking without all hands on deck can mean a dead enchanter, fast. According to my logs it took me ~6h39m to go from 0% into 48 to hit lvl 50 and I'm sure there was a dinner break in there. Not sure how long the 46 to 50 run in Goblins takes, but I think it's like 3hours at least for 49 to 50, right? So seems fairly comparable. Again a lot of it comes down to your class comp and which camps you can grab mobs from. For instance we were at the undead side and checking it looks like I had a Paladin/Cleric/Mage/SK/Shaman/Enchanter. The exp there is ridiculous and we actually did 51-55 there when Kunark launched and trounced every other group until lvl 54ish when people moved to Chardok and started to catch up/pass us.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've never personally done goblin island and I know Dino charmpet is key, but you can also charm golems in the Hole and many of the hole elementals for instance are also wizards and rogues. The problem is a golem breaking without all hands on deck can mean a dead enchanter, fast. According to my logs it took me ~6h39m to go from 0% into 48 to hit lvl 50 and I'm sure there was a dinner break in there. Not sure how long the 46 to 50 run in Goblins takes, but I think it's like 3hours at least for 49 to 50, right? So seems fairly comparable. Again a lot of it comes down to your class comp and which camps you can grab mobs from. For instance we were at the undead side and checking it looks like I had a Paladin/Cleric/Mage/SK/Shaman/Enchanter. The exp there is ridiculous and we actually did 51-55 there when Kunark launched and trounced every other group until lvl 54ish when people moved to Chardok and started to catch up/pass us.
49-50 took me 95 minutes last launch.

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
Rapiers2022.jpg

• 1Faggotry

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hello cowards. Who's ready to get added to my body count? It's time to PvP through progression as GoD intended.

• 1Galaxy Brain