EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Xevy

Log Wizard
EC Tunnel was great for actually playing the game, having extra shit, wandering over, seeing what goes for what, then undercutting everyone for instant cash then leaving it only to be done again in a week.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Fwiw I think we are getting the Tunat server on Wednesday May 25th at 5pm EST.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
EC was great for training griffins and Sgt Slate through the tunnel

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This, ^^ I dont even know what TSS is.
For shame. Some of those later expansions are pretty fun. Classes get a lot more fleshed out too.

I'm with the people that say tunnel sucks. I guess people who play to make krono enjoy it , because of the buy low/sell high aspect that some enjoy, but that shit sucks if you just want to play the game. Even early game, if I go there, I post everything with a good undercut just to get out of there asap. Even then, you give a price, thats under what others are doing by at least 25% and people still send tells trying to offer less or trades.. ugh. Gets to a point just start vendoring shit, instead of trying to sell it, much better uses of my time. Before the skill change I could at least spam stuff and work on spell skills at the same time,thankfully they fixed that dumb ass design(spell skills).

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Selling in ec is like grouping before people had lfg tool, public channels, etc. You had to go where you thought there might be people and spam and pray. It was helpful for people who played odd classes that could squeeze into groups that had spots. It was bad for people who wanted optimal groups, or wanted an obscure camp, or limited playtime. Ec tunnel fucks people who don't have time to day trade, they have to dump cheap or hire or broker or stop playing and just ec it. It fucks people who want obscure or niche items, buyers and sellers both, as its hard to find people sellimg "junk" like an odd quest item, and even harder to sell it yourself.

If there was a bazaar tool more like the lfg tool that let me put up items at either a price or "make offer" (for the cunt sellers) but you have to actually message the person and arrange the exhange? MAYBE I could live with a no-afk bazaar feature. Have to put items in satchels? Gigs up, no go. I'd still rather sell offline though, this would just be a compromise.

And you do have mental illness if you like ec tunnel trading over the bazaar. Call me sammy d all you like, I'm not the sick twisted one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anything about the ruleset besides presumably a GoD launch?
Pure conjecture that it’s a level locked server with a GoD start. If level lock progression is the gimmick of choice then it stands to reason that required levels will be removed from items.

I think we could see them announce the ruleset any time between next week and the first week of May but if I had to make a bet I’d say April 25th announcement which means there is plenty of time for them to change things.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
level locked server with a GoD start

poe squint meme reverse.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
first gauntlet thrown down from our friends. are the rapiers serious or they trolly.... i know Zaide Zaide you said it was just name dropping but it keeps spinning.. if its a troll then its a 8/10 troll, mildly impressive at the dedication.

Rapiers Ho! | EverQuest Forums
Keon spoiled Han Solo dying to sukik sukik while grouped up so I spoiled game of thrones episodes to his mom who was in another guild (not rapiers) for the rest of the year.

She was not happy.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
For shame. Some of those later expansions are pretty fun. Classes get a lot more fleshed out too.

I'm with the people that say tunnel sucks. I guess people who play to make krono enjoy it , because of the buy low/sell high aspect that some enjoy, but that shit sucks if you just want to play the game. Even early game, if I go there, I post everything with a good undercut just to get out of there asap. Even then, you give a price, thats under what others are doing by at least 25% and people still send tells trying to offer less or trades.. ugh. Gets to a point just start vendoring shit, instead of trying to sell it, much better uses of my time. Before the skill change I could at least spam stuff and work on spell skills at the same time,thankfully they fixed that dumb ass design(spell skills).
The PoP era always kills me, and then i move on to something else.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
GoD level 1 start would be pretty interesting. That is a long, long server launch marathon.

Classic - 1.5 weeks to gear a raid for Kunark?
kunark - 2-3 weeks to gear for Velious? Maybe another week for epics?
Velious might take awhile in that gear, 3 weeks to gear for Luclin? Maybe need another few ToV’s unless you’re getting OW
Luclin had minor upgrades for a few key classes, mostly AA grinding to get ready for PoP. Do you even do VT or get it from PoP? Maybe 2-3 weeks
PoP upgrades required for GoD. Probably at least 1.5 months
GoD - a few days to clear?

Or do you put 200 people in OW level 65 from AE PLing in the deep, and then Zerg straight in PoP?

Imagine trying to keep enough people motivated over a multi-month race (if you cared to race), the DKP bonuses for those no-lifing, and the imbalance of people in various levels / AA’s / epics / general progression. Also the level of griefing in game would be outrageous

+1 for the wild and different concept
-2 for having 4 servers in the same era

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only one TLP ever launched in March afaik. Seven have launched in May.

GoD level 1 start would be pretty interesting. That is a long, long server launch marathon.

Velious might take awhile in that gear, 3 weeks to gear for Luclin? Maybe need another few ToV’s unless you’re getting OW
Luclin had minor upgrades for a few key classes, mostly AA grinding to get ready for PoP. Do you even do VT or get it from PoP? Maybe 2-3 weeks

Or do you put 200 people in OW level 65 from AE PLing in the deep, and then Zerg straight in PoP?

Imagine trying to keep enough people motivated over a multi-month race (if you cared to race), the DKP bonuses for those no-lifing, and the imbalance of people in various levels / AA’s / epics / general progression. Also the level of griefing in game would be outrageous

GOD launch wont take long. Selo had naked level 60s people clearing VT within a week. When I say naked I mean average to poor gear not literally naked.

My guess is everything up to pop would be skipped by most people. The main rush would have GOD cleared in 2-3 weeks. Most other people would be in GOD clearing in 4-5 weeks. Then the server dies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
GOD launch wont take long. Selo had naked level 60s people clearing VT within a week. When I say naked I mean average to poor gear not literally naked.

My guess is everything up to pop would be skipped by most people. The main rush would have GOD cleared in 2-3 weeks. Most other people would be in GOD clearing in 4-5 weeks. Then the server dies.
Interesting.

Didnt selos have double exp and half lockouts?

5 weeks wouldn’t make things very interesting. If it were somehow a 2-3 month push it’d be wild.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

GoD means faster than base exp and 50% exp potions live from the start. You'd be 65 in 48 hours. From there you'd have a 300 man ultra zerg concentrating every scrap of gear into 54 mains that would clear GoD by the end of day 5-7.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All these servers called Time Locked Progression, but none of them are just you locked in Plane of Time trying to progress

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like