EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What is raid currency? Some kind of kronocoin crypto? :emoji_laughing:

Lul. The stuff in the Alt Currency tab is raid currency. Here they are in order of expansion:

1651665021368.png

1651665089581.png

Looks like they don't actually start until Buried Sea.

Edit: I missed a few, added

Last edited:

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
  • Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
Can anyone confirm that this is when Truebox gets lifted/relaxed to allow 3-boxing?

Be a lot easier for me to play if I could box a healer and get AAs done on my own time. Being forced to play a single-character can kill my drive early on a server.

With the level raises the way they are, it'll be pretty simple to level up 3 different characters on 3 different accounts and keep them current for whenever the box restrictions are lifted. What else are you gonna do with all that time at level 40 when raids aren't going on? With GoD exp it's gonna take no time at all to level.
That's how I understand it, so 10 weeks from launch of the server, can box 3 per pc. Then 12 weeks later with TBS can box as many as you want per pc. Only having 10 weeks of truebox nonsense is pretty decent

My main question is if they'll enable isboxer at the 10 week mark. Hopefully so!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Cazic / Low stat food item: Meh

Yelinak / Western Wastes teleport item: Gonna be useful in-era for sparing people the pain-in-the-ass run there.

CBQ / Raid currency: This one could be really interesting. If it lets you choose currencies for expansions that aren't out yet, which I presume it does since the existing expansions on Vaniki won't have raid currency, then you can "plan ahead" with this. 2.5x BPs is generally enough to buy a good five or so raid armors. A tank could save this for a particularly tough expansion like Underfoot and cash in to get a bunch of gear upgrades for their weakest slots right out of the gate. Any other expansions come to mind for anyone as good spots for this?

The others are all pretty much just toys. Epicenter teleport will be very useful for RoF, for the 10-20% of the server still playing by then.
The items can be used on any character on any server once the account gets the achievement afaik.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The items can be used on any character on any server once the account gets the achievement afaik.

That'll be good for people to send back to their mains on other servers, since they won't do you any good on Vaniki until Buried Sea (but really, SoD or Underfoot).

Added updated shots to the post above since "show currencies I don't have" was unchecked. Underfoot has a bunch of raid currencies, and gear is a bit harder to get there.

I'm guessing some live players will save up a couple rounds of currency rewards and cash them all in when the next expansion drops to get like 10 new pieces of gear on hour one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

1651674709638.png

With the disposable nature of TLPs and the characters people play on them the strictly cosmetic rewards could certainly have more uses per account. A single use makes a lot of it not as interesting as always having access to the illusions you earned.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 410941

With the disposable nature of TLPs and the characters people play on them the strictly cosmetic rewards could certainly have more uses per account. A single use makes a lot of it not as interesting as always having access to the illusions you earned.

I posted on the board thread that they need to consider expanding the /claim rewards to 999 for the illusions and ornaments, which will give people WAY more incentive to play on there. I don't want to choose between using Vaniki ornaments on Vaniki or bringing them back to live, should be able to do both.

The port items (West Wastes and The Epicenter) should be 1-time claims and possibly limited to the Vaniki server, IDK, and the currency bonuses should also be 1-time (any server) because those are pretty substantial.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I posted on the board thread that they need to consider expanding the /claim rewards to 999 for the illusions and ornaments, which will give people WAY more incentive to play on there. I don't want to choose between using Vaniki ornaments on Vaniki or bringing them back to live, should be able to do both.

The port items (West Wastes and The Epicenter) should be 1-time claims and possibly limited to the Vaniki server, IDK, and the currency bonuses should also be 1-time (any server) because those are pretty substantial.

Just copy PoE.

1651684950911.png

You do a challenge server, you unlock some cosmetics and you've got access to them whenever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 410941

Don't they charge for illusions? Can't imagine them giving up a money maker

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Don't they charge for illusions? Can't imagine them giving up a money maker

You can still charge for shit and they don't even have to drop their existing model of charging you per illusion. They could start a separate category of evergreen cosmetics that you always have access to once you've earned them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
  • When Omens of War unlocks, we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
Why don’t they just launch a server with this shit enabled day 1 instead of forcing multiple pcs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • When Omens of War unlocks, we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
Why don’t they just launch a server with this shit enabled day 1 instead of forcing multiple pcs

There are a large number of dogshit players who are convinced that the reason people stop grouping with them is because of boxing. These players are frequently big store spenders. They are almost entirely gone by omens.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Random question, sorry guys, but...

ty7ujeytj.jpg

200.gif

What the hell is this? What expansion did they turn ToV into Freeport?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Random question, sorry guys, but...

View attachment 411244

View attachment 411245

What the hell is this? What expansion did they turn ToV into Freeport?

Was that from the Ukraine thread? I think I asked about it there because I didn't know there was a new Dozekar.

The Claws of Veeshan expansion (re-does Velious) has a bunch of new dragon models in it. They actually look really nice in action, similar to the old models in motion but more modernized. However I haven't seen Dozekar anywhere in it. The Temple of Veeshan raids are Sontalak and Aaryonar, with Vulak as the Sleeper's Tomb raid.

The rest of the TOV dragons seem to have either poofed, or exist as ultra-rare spawns in the static zone (aka group content). I know Lord Vyemm and Lord Feshlak can spawn but IDK about any others. I spent a lot of time in TOV, did all the quests there and 100%'d it for group content. Never saw a single TOV dragon spawn. Seems like a huge waste to create all these new models for TOV dragons that like 3 groups will actually see per server, if that.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
A lot of eq models now are ported from EQ2 so it’s entirely possible those dragons are used in both games.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Was that from the Ukraine thread? I think I asked about it there because I didn't know there was a new Dozekar.
It was, and I didn't know why Gavin posted that, but that's why I asked here in an EQ thread.

I guess EQ's 50 year plan is to revamp every zone, model, texture and -thing- in it that ever existed.

Gotta stay afloat somehow I suppose, business model-wise~

Seems like with EQ you either adapt, become a Fitzgerald on P99, or live vicariously through it!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cause every time they do the server ends up being a massive flop. Their largest set of customers like to play early expansion EQ without boxing.
People that are going to box are going to do it regardless of the one client per box rule. On Mischief - we filled entire raids in classic with boxes and people whined and tossed shit at the walls cause our mains were in the raid they were doing. If anything, True Box HURTS the player that thinks True Box is good for server health.

• 1Mother of God

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Same as the AE farm nerfs. People complain that people are sitting in the grey with boxes AE stunning and so they "finally" fix the color stuns. Well now it's taken away a regular groups access to AE farming and only people with a bunch of oog ENC boxes can do it. Good job guys.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same as the AE farm nerfs. People complain that people are sitting in the grey with boxes AE stunning and so they "finally" fix the color stuns. Well now it's taken away a regular groups access to AE farming and only people with a bunch of oog ENC boxes can do it. Good job guys.

In fairness AE PL groups are one of the biggest blights on the TLP game.