EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Prove it to me bro. Let me see it, let's put it to rest.

Show me them 54 boxers using VMs and shit. Yall could win this for real. Just get that proof.
So why do you think it's not possible box on 1 PC using VMs? Explain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Prove it to me bro. Let me see it, let's put it to rest.

Show me them 54 boxers using VMs and shit. Yall could win this for real. Just get that proof.
You dont even need vms. Proceed to remove your head from the sand.

Edit - just to note the guy who runs that discord now is a dumbass. So take that for what it's worth before people go drop money on that thing.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, VMs are just one of multiple ways to bypass true box.

But don't worry, there's actually no bypassing true box ability that exists on TLPs, according to alavaz alavaz . DPG did it!

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
So why do you think it's not possible box on 1 PC using VMs? Explain.
It's very possible, and while yes I walked into this by using the term "PC" I wasn't doing some move the goal post thing. A VM is a different Operating system with it's own hostname and hardware IDs. You aren't "bypassing" truebox you are using another box. However that's not important.

My point wasn't whether or not you can control characters from one PC. It was that truebox very largely reduced the amount of box armies and that "relaxed box" would need to do the same or it would not be successful. Armitbutler autistically screeched and here we are.

Do you, or do you not believe that truebox drastically reduced the amount of box armies (more than 6 characters) or no? From my one character playing perspective it sure seemed like it did.

• 2Picard
  • 1Moron

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
You dont even need vms. Proceed to remove your head from the sand.

Edit - just to note the guy who runs that discord now is a dumbass. So take that for what it's worth before people go drop money on that thing.
Lol. Let's see those characters zone together. Thanks for at least putting something up though... it was... well you tried.

• 1Moron

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Lol. Let's see those characters zone together. Thanks for at least putting something up though... it was... well you tried.
You should probably look up EQBCS or Dannet to see how easy it is to broadcast to toons without needing something like ISBoxer.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember one time on Lockjaw, we were leveling up in Unrest on launch day. We were in a pre-made Zaide guild leveling group with a couple mages, cleric, a couple other classes.

The zone was pretty busy, with 3 groups outside the house and 1 or 2 inside. Our group was on the backside and we were killing everything outside the house and pulling from the 1st floor on the inside. This 6 boxer gets furious that we were pulling "his" mobs, so he starts trying to train us. But, we just kept killing everything he was pulling over onto us. We thanked him and asked for more. He got even more furious and tried to pull bigger trains. We cleared through them, thanked him, and asked for more.

He then tried to pull the basement on us and got himself killed. Then one of our group members pulled the remainder of that train onto the rest of his 5 boxes that he wasn't attending to and wiped them. Brought a tear of joy and gratification to my eye.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It's very possible, and while yes I walked into this by using the term "PC" I wasn't doing some move the goal post thing. A VM is a different Operating system with it's own hostname and hardware IDs. You aren't "bypassing" truebox you are using another box. However that's not important.

My point wasn't whether or not you can control characters from one PC. It was that truebox very largely reduced the amount of box armies and that "relaxed box" would need to do the same or it would not be successful. Armitbutler autistically screeched and here we are.

Do you, or do you not believe that truebox drastically reduced the amount of box armies (more than 6 characters) or no? From my one character playing perspective it sure seemed like it did.
I think it reduced the numbers in the more casual boxers that wont go through efforts of bypassing, who are also the same subset that probably dont effect casual johnny or the economy all that much. The big players have no issue bypassing, while their closest competition that will not go to such great lengths are nullified.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Move those goalposts lol. What would zoning prove? The same hardware check gets processed at server select as it does when zoning.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

No, that was never your point. Your point was that if there's a server that allowed 3 boxing, it would only work if they banned anyone boxing more and the second someone was found doing that the whole system would come crashing down. Even though that happens all the time right now and nothing happens.

Somehow this turned into you going full retard and believing nobody can bypass truebox and other retarded shit

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Move those goalposts lol. What would zoning prove? The same hardware check gets processed at server select as it does when zoning.

He read the first comment of the linked video and just repeated it because he's an idiot

• 1Rustled

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
You should probably look up EQBCS or Dannet to see how easy it is to broadcast to toons without needing something like ISBoxer.
MQ2 is an entirely separate topic. I was never intending to start a technical debate nor do I consider MQ2 something that is A. that accessible and B. worth the risk of scaling to army size. I sure haven't seen it.
Yeah so his little "app" that he's clicking that fakes the hardware IDs would have to be clicked each time before each character zones. Not super practical.
No, that was never your point. Your point was that if there's a server that allowed 3 boxing, it would only work if they banned anyone boxing more and the second someone was found doing that the whole system would come crashing down. Even though that happens all the time right now and nothing happens.

Somehow this turned into you going full retard and believing nobody can bypass truebox and other retarded shit
You're like a real life Dwight Schrute and I enjoy laughing at you.

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Even if I didnt know these things actually existed, I would assume they did. If you were playing this game in 99-2002 you were most likely a nerd.

Add on additional 20 years of being a nerd plus a heaping scoop of autism and you will definitely have a subset of people out there that are bright enough to manipulate this game as they see fit.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
MQ2 is an entirely separate topic. I was never intending to start a technical debate nor do I consider MQ2 something that is A. not that accessible and B. not worth the risk of scaling to army size. I sure haven't seen it.

Yeah so his little "app" that he's clicking that fakes the hardware IDs would have to be clicked each time before each character zones. Not super practical.

You're like a real life Dwight Schrute and I enjoy laughing at you.

Your ask was to see tlp accounts running on the same pc and it was provided to you so we could put it to rest.

Do you actually think that's the only version of it and this guy found some super secret thing that no one else can reproduce in a better way? Other games use the exact same concepts to bypass server bans.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Can you explain why people like Paul hate truebox then?
Considering I cant mindread a random person's thoughts and have never seen this guys take on it, no I cannot. Throwing shit at the wall, I'd imagine truebox limits the potential characters he has the opportunity of powerleveling, but thats baseless conjecture.

Paul was also the guy who did a losing rolldown with his manarobe while they were at peak value on agnarr, so not sure I look at him as a bastion of intelligence.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Paul is super dope. He plays totally legit afaik minus probably using SEQ. I think he is a guy for whom this is now a business and he is not trying to jeopardize it by abusing software that will eventually get him banned.

I don’t think that means other people are not bypassing true box though.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Except it does. Using VMs means you only have one physical box, or at least far less physical boxes than instances of EQ. I don't get why you're so fixated on ISboxer being the only possible solution.

Do you really think that notorious box armies on true box servers actually have 54 to 72 real computers?
I remember when Kunark came around on Phinigel, I was asked to port this guy's little box army to Kunark. I remember because I was doing my usual selling ports, and he asked me if I would send his twelve characters to Kunark, succor each group across, and bind them in Field of Bone. It took 3 trips to do it, and he paid me very well for doing it. I jokingly asked him how he was 12 boxing on Phinigel, and he told me he just used the built in features of Windows to remote in to all the computers.

They've probably fixed that since then, but yeah that's how crappy some of their coding ideas are that they miss the simplest of work arounds. They're not as bright as people think they are. I think Jchan is smarter than most of them, but the rest... and don't get me started on how stupidly easy it was for people to get around the 5 minute wait time between using /pick. When I realized what they were doing, I was like fuck no. They are not that fucking stupid... they were.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lets be honest with ourselves. The games code is ancient and the individuals coding the newer stuff, even if highly educated, are at the mercy of the old shit. If people can cheat without being detected, then why anyone would think True Box code would be more advanced is beyond me. But then again, the discussions seems to be everyone here against two individuals, as if that wasnt a sign to begin with.

• 1Like