EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it mischief loot, or just double drops? The write-up just sounded like double loot.

Who am I kidding, I can't give in. I barely made it through a whole expansion last time before I ran out of time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless you're trying to make money playing eq, i don't see the allure of doing all that. Seq is definitely nice QOL and i almost wish they would integrate it into eq but the warping and automation that mq offers just takes it a bit too far.

While it is cool to box a group, almost like you're playing a game like baldurs gate or divinity, it's sad that the price tag that requires is so steep turns me off, considering it really does open a whole new game within eq.

Mercs would help a lot, i really wish they would rebalance them and add them into the classic timeline.

Having a merc from lvl 1 with the ability to gear them with the same slots as a player character would add a lot to the gearing process. Basically leveling and gearing 2 characters at the same time would be amazing.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless you're trying to make money playing eq, i don't see the allure of doing all that. Seq is definitely nice QOL and i almost wish they would integrate it into eq but the warping and automation that mq offers just takes it a bit too far.

While it is cool to box a group, almost like you're playing a game like baldurs gate or divinity, it's sad that the price tag that requires is so steep turns me off, considering it really does open a whole new game within eq.

Mercs would help a lot, i really wish they would rebalance them and add them into the classic timeline.

Having a merc from lvl 1 with the ability to gear them with the same slots as a player character would add a lot to the gearing process. Basically leveling and gearing 2 characters at the same time would be amazing.
I believe I would have fun with that. Especially if they continue to mess with the loot rules, ie. Double loot etc. I essentially geared two characters by the time Kunark rolled around on Mischief. Just unfortunate that I absolutely hated playing a Mage box.

I think anyone thats determined enough will find a step by step guide and know where and what to look for to keep the software updated if they want to just run boxes on one PC. If I can do it, I'm pretty confident that others can. Something along the lines of "A door lock only keeps the honest, honest" kind of idea similar to what Kharzette Kharzette was saying. I did it for tracking, but I couldnt figure out how to get it to work like I wanted it to - so I just dropped the idea altogether and just used an old laptop (that still had SEQ problems zzzz.)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I actually think the smart people are few and far between if I'm being honest. Like a shocking amount of EQ players are awful with computers. MQ2 was open source as well and people who were smart enough to compile were few enough, but people who could update offsets every patch were even fewer still. I mentioned one time that I was able to find my own offsets and got offered money by many people (and threatened by a few others). Even when Mule was providing the offsets, I got lots of offers just to compile for people.

Loading MQ on every TLP post phinny should've been a no-brainer for like everyone and almost no one caught on. Just replace the "IC" module with the Phinny era one.

Does MQNext come with tools to find offsets? If it does, we may very well see an uptick. Who knows.
It only takes a few people that know what they are doing to pass builds out before the clueless have their hands on it in mass numbers.

The only thing that was really stopping that from being more widespread was mq2auth requiring a valid hardware id for each computer running it to be present during compile. That barrier was removed last week, so basically one build fits all now.

I agree that the active hacks take it wayyyy too far, but the qol provided from just the very vanilla build make the game much, much more enjoyable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It only takes a few people that know what they are doing to pass builds out before the clueless have their hands on it in mass numbers.

The only thing that was really stopping that from being more widespread was mq2auth requiring a valid hardware id for each computer running it to be present during compile. That barrier was removed last week, so basically one build fits all now.

I agree that the active hacks take it wayyyy too far, but the qol provided from just the very vanilla build make the game much, much more enjoyable.
Nah MQ2Auth was barely a speed bump. Having reliable access to offsets is the real barrier to entry, otherwise you only have a build for a patch cycle.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Nah MQ2Auth was barely a speed bump. Having reliable access to offsets is the real barrier to entry, otherwise you only have a build for a patch cycle.
Im referring to mass distribution of tlp enabled builds. If the builder doesnt have your id then you are sol and it is most definitely was a barrier.

People that do not have the knowledge (aka laziness because it's like 5 steps) to compile and get it handed to them do not care about offsets. Not to mention all of the code is publically available before the servers even unlock on patch days since they moved to next. There's no need for the tool you are referring to.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Im referring to mass distribution of tlp enabled builds. If the builder doesnt have your id then you are sol and it is most definitely was a barrier.

People that do not have the knowledge (aka laziness because it's like 5 steps) to compile and get it handed to them do not care about offsets. Not to mention all of the code is publically available before the servers even unlock on patch days since they moved to next. There's no need for the tool you are referring to.
Why wouldn't the compiler just bypass the mq2auth if they wanted to hand it out to the masses? That's been incredibly well known how to get around that since like the day it came out.

I honestly have no idea who's doing what these days. All I am saying is that if whoever is providing offsets stops (as mule did over the whole TLP debacle) then the amount of people who could actually be running MQ next patch cycle would be few and far between.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Since MQNext is open source. Pretty much anyone can get it to work on TLP.
Funny part is people only comment out the ezcommand /unload
And not the fully detour, which mean they also lose some of the security built into MQNext, because after it detects something in the ServerID::Invalid list, it will also deattach/deactive other things which make the version they running more unsecure then other versions or builds that does it proper.

Box armies will always be there, there are smart players and some of them are krono farmers and do this as a living and know how to bypass EverQuest hardwareID/fingerprint checks and also compile there own version of MQNext.

Next TLP will be swarmed with more people running MQ for sure, but most of them probally will be running on several computers (this includes virtual machines)
so what do you put for the serverid or how do you find it

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There has been MQ2 suspension/ban waves about every 2 weeks since Jan 2022.

I would think carefully those thinking they can use it without issue.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Why wouldn't the compiler just bypass the mq2auth if they wanted to hand it out to the masses? That's been incredibly well known how to get around that since like the day it came out.

I honestly have no idea who's doing what these days. All I am saying is that if whoever is providing offsets stops (as mule did over the whole TLP debacle) then the amount of people who could actually be running MQ next patch cycle would be few and far between.

nah the incredibly well known way you're referring to is to hex edit macroquest2.exe and change Microsoft to Microsoap. it changed like 5 years ago and mqnext does it same way. it's not as simple as you think. im not retarded and can do my own compiling and fuked around with mq2 since 2004. it's not obvious or easy to remove it

Spiken

Golden Squire
There has been MQ2 suspension/ban waves about every 2 weeks since Jan 2022.

I would think carefully those thinking they can use it without issue.

The ban wave is only on live servers.
Ban wave have only hit people that have used MQ2 before on there computer or account.
Any account you login on will have a logfile of your hardwareID and saved for Darkpaw.
This is how they can track any account you login on and ban any account that have used MQ2.

If you never used MQ2 with Mules MQ2Ic.dll that ratted people out to darkpaw on any account or any PC. You have very low % of getting banned, unless you are caught direcly by a GM doing something.

But if you have used MQ2 before on live servers without any block of the MQ2Ic.dll file, they have all hardwareID that logged into any of the accounts they know for sure have runned MQ2

Spiken

Golden Squire
nah the incredibly well known way you're referring to is to hex edit macroquest2.exe and change Microsoft to Microsoap. it changed like 5 years ago and mqnext does it same way. it's not as simple as you think. im not retarded and can do my own compiling and fuked around with mq2 since 2004. it's not obvious or easy to remove it

You dont need MacroQuest.exe to run MacroQuest.
The MacroQuest.exe is only the injector, you could always build or use your own injector.

What MacroQuest.exe does is basically hooks mq2main.dll into each running process of eqgame.exe

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It is much much simpler than even installing Visual Studio, much less compiling MQ.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
fuck-who-cares.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Or maybe the smart people actually have some honor and don't want to cheat? :)

I mean honestly, I'm in that boat. I've had a few people send me both SEQ and MQ stuff and I just haven't used any of it, even if SEQ would level the playing field a lot while competing with others who have it.

I guess I'm just a purist. I never got excited for this stuff or bothered. I might also be lazy.

All that said I also don't judge anyone who does use these things or think they're cheaters (unless they're ghostkilling or warping I guess). Like if someone's running SEQ or boxing tools or MQ and it's helping them enjoy the game that's fine with me.

Edit:
fuck-who-cares.gif

TLDR

Last edited:

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
i dont know know if anyone checked on the official forums, but would you believe those pesky rapiers have a roadmap for the server now..

1653445666792.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Anyways, in closing no one can bypass truebox but they can join the Rapiers. Good night.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean honestly, I'm in that boat. I've had a few people send me both SEQ and MQ stuff and I just haven't used any of it, even if SEQ would level the playing field a lot while competing with others who have it.

I guess I'm just a purist. I never got excited for this stuff or bothered. I might also be lazy.

All that said I also don't judge anyone who does use these things or think they're cheaters (unless they're ghostkilling or warping I guess). Like if someone's running SEQ or boxing tools or MQ and it's helping them enjoy the game that's fine with me.

Edit:
View attachment 413946
TLDR
I know you said you were thinking about 3 boxing once truebox was lifted. do you have the ability to 2 box w/ truebox?