EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
WHATS THE NEWS ON RAPIERS???
1653530453464.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im gonna have to see if i can get this shit running on my macbook, healers are super scarce on vaniki it seems lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not too surprising with how all these resists and shit function on this server, rare resists on mobs 12+ levels higher lol

hit 32 without really trying should be fun to actually start doing stuff soon

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I got to 21 from 3 PM to 10pm on vaniki with no clue, no plan, the worst PuG you can come up with (pal, pal, sk, afk mage, rogue, and a chanter that didn’t charm).

0 deaths total - do the tutorial and you’ll be god mode- first time ever doing it after 20 years

went straight to warrens after tutorial and can’t complain, just bring a giant bag for the loots

fun night and look forward to more stupid shit this week

herbert

Trakanon Raider
Im gonna have to see if i can get this shit running on my macbook, healers are super scarce on vaniki it seems lol

As a veteran Macbook EQ player, my advice to you is to dual boot windows. I went the WINE route at first for a few months but it is clunky and in my opinion more trouble than it is worth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
was the warrens always retardedly good money for starting off? i did like 2 levels there and walked out with 30plat lol

Damn, really? Our plat intake sucked, did NRO->NRO spires->Kurn->Dalnir and didn't really get any substantial money until Dalnir, and it wasn't that good. Someone in group suggested Warrens, we should have listened.

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
As a veteran Macbook EQ player, my advice to you is to dual boot windows. I went the WINE route at first for a few months but it is clunky and in my opinion more trouble than it is worth.

I ended up trying CrossOver and its been working flawlessly so far at least

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How are queues for Yelinak? Vaniki was ~40min at launch

Both of them were terrible if you didn't click the server in the first minute or so that it was unlocked, but Yelinak seemed a lot worse. Took me about 40 min to get onto Vaniki and I was last of my group to get in. I had Yelinak queued on another computer and didn't get in until a while later. All in all, way less of a shitshow than Aradune/Rizlona launch, but nowhere near as smooth as Mischief/Thornblade launch.

Also, Rajaah on Yelinak isn't me, someone else swiped the name.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Not too surprising with how all these resists and shit function on this server, rare resists on mobs 12+ levels higher lol

Think with the way the server works a speedrun group could do 1-40 in sub 4hours without pots. 12 levels plus is nothing. I soloed a level 37 HG at level 12. It's really fun
12solosg.png

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED
Dalnir is straight baller. One of the best zones in any game ever. One of the best nights I had was that nail biting late night dungeon crawl we did.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dalnir is straight baller. One of the best zones in any game ever. One of the best nights I had was that nail biting late night dungeon crawl we did.

Yeah that was awesome. Yesterday was a good time too, almost sent you a screenshot.

Chris Chris Was that you that gave me breeze? Thanks!

Might have been me, I've been running around breezing/claritying everybody.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I understand the ruleset correctly, the classes I enjoy sound like complete aids to play on this server so I'm skipping it. But I hope you guys have some fun zerging shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Current Streams on Twitch
P99 Green: 6
P99 Blue: 2
Yelinak: 10
Mischief: 1
Vaniki: 2
Non-Descript: 3

Vaniki dead on arrival?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If I understand the ruleset correctly, the classes I enjoy sound like complete aids to play on this server so I'm skipping it. But I hope you guys have some fun zerging shit.

Enchanter seems to be super overpowered. The charm spells have all been expanded in effective level range (Cajoling Whispers charms up to 56 instead of 45 or whatever it was before) and landing spells on red-cons seems very doable.

• 1Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Current Streams on Twitch
P99 Green: 6
P99 Blue: 2
Yelinak: 10
Mischief: 1
Vaniki: 2
Non-Descript: 3

Vaniki dead on arrival?

Since when did anyone watch EQ on Twitch anyway? Vaniki seems to have more of the hardcore raiders. Yelinak is a standard progression server that people will get tired of when they get their fill of nostalgia and/or realise that if they're going to do old content they might as well do it properly on P99.