EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That’s wild, it seems almost impossible that someone hasn’t hit 50 by now, it’s like 45 hours into the server.
Not that shocking considering barely anyone had any interest in these servers to begin with. And most of the hardcore TLPers that did play, went to Vaniki.

I bet you could roll there tonight Zaide and still beat everyone to 50 lol.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
not sure if its worth reviving my 60 sk/dru on mischief or making a druid on vaniki...

i reeeeally hate exping so idk if trying to catch up from 60 to 70 is worse than restarting on vaniki

can someone make up my mind?

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think 60-65 on Mischief will take longer than 1-40 on Vaniki. I could be off there though. I've never done the 65-70 grind but I keep hearing it's very fast (like 5-6 hours in Paw).

Once you hit 65, it should be smooth sailing. And that's when you can equip all that cheap raid gear with lvl 65 reqs.

Assuming we get a bonus weekend, now would be a good time get that 60-65 slog out of the way. There should be be more leveling groups out there in the same boat as you, trying to catch up. All depends on if the Vaniki endgame sounds appealing to you, and if you have friends on either. Personally I don't find Vaniki appealing, but I'm not a hardcore raider looking for new challenges.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Gotta imagine that the release of expansions that are 10 levels higher than normal and the new spell rules making it feasible to farm that gear or gear near it the leveling process for active players will be a speedbump on the way to killing targets with underleveled. Ex: when the cap is moved from 60 to 65 and everyone has had 12 weeks (way too long...) to gear up in PoP -> Ro, how quick is it going to be to hit 65??

It's a super interesting experiment that I kind of wish I could join in on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think 60-65 on Mischief will take longer than 1-40 on Vaniki. I could be off there though. I've never done the 65-70 grind but I keep hearing it's very fast (like 5-6 hours in Paw).

Once you hit 65, it should be smooth sailing. And that's when you can equip all that cheap raid gear with lvl 65 reqs.

Assuming we get a bonus weekend, now would be a good time get that 60-65 slog out of the way. There should be be more leveling groups out there in the same boat as you, trying to catch up. All depends on if the Vaniki endgame sounds appealing to you, and if you have friends on either. Personally I don't find Vaniki appealing, but I'm not a hardcore raider looking for new challenges.

Yeah, 65-70 is fast in Paw. 70-75 is fast in DoDH mines. Like maybe 5 hours for 70-75 IIRC.

60-65 is generally much much slower, especially in-era. It was intended to be another 50-60 type grind, which was already intended to be another 1-50 type grind.

1-40 on Vaniki isn't bad at all. I think we had people at 40 within 12 hours or so. I didn't go at the usual blistering pace, and stopped for a full night's sleep, and was still 39 a day after server-up

Edit: Now that I think about it, there were people at 40 in like 7-9 hours on Vaniki

Last edited:

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can get 40 on Vaniki in a couple days grouping, especially with potions. Lots of zones available and lots of people levelling up and grouping in them.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
What's weird are the number of first-time players on Yelinak. NewPlayers chat has a bunch of folks who have never played EQ before. (Even one in our guild.) What makes someone pick up a 20+ year-old game like it's fresh?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think it is that really popular streamer named Bobbybick. All the kids love him.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
WoW. Got a bunch of people that never played EQ cause they were too young. Then they hear about it VIA Twitch or something and wanna give the "first MMO" a try.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also...who's that girl:
Gotta imagine that the release of expansions that are 10 levels higher than normal and the new spell rules making it feasible to farm that gear or gear near it the leveling process for active players will be a speedbump on the way to killing targets with underleveled. Ex: when the cap is moved from 60 to 65 and everyone has had 12 weeks (way too long...) to gear up in PoP -> Ro, how quick is it going to be to hit 65??

It's a super interesting experiment that I kind of wish I could join in on.
Why can’t you? Super busy too?

seems like all the bros are busy IRL for this too

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far Yelinak is averaging 3x the population of Vaniki. I will keep tracking over the next few weeks.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So far Yelinak is averaging 3x the population of Vaniki. I will keep tracking over the next few weeks.
episode 17 GIF

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Elderan Elderan I was hanging out in ALovingRobot's stream earlier and he was wondering aloud about the populations of the various servers. I know your methodology isn't perfectly accurate but it is at least an estimate. You should stop by and enlighten him.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'm liking Yelinak. Hit 100 in smithing after a few hours day one, made a couple krono, and a few 100 plat, and just had a nice very chill SRo croc group. Almost 16, and thinking about UGuk. Just chillin this time.

I did the EQ2 TLE, and it was a shit show just to get in, Yelinak was a 30min que and no que's since.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elderan Elderan I was hanging out in ALovingRobot's stream earlier and he was wondering aloud about the populations of the various servers. I know your methodology isn't perfectly accurate but it is at least an estimate. You should stop by and enlighten him.

Right at this moment there are 2582 on Yelinak and 780 on Vaniki