EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When I say that I would like another shot at EQ PvP and spitball something I do not for one moment think it will happen, should happen, be successful or be enjoyable for hardly anyone. It would be a toxic hot mess at best. Hell, that's the appeal. I want all the usual suspects show up to one of these and just murder each other over and over like its Elf Pixel Simulator : The Seventh Circle of Hell. A short event server could be really memorable. They launched fucking Miragul for fuck's sake.

But yeah, I don't want it because I think it would be great and you all just don't understand how erotic cock and ball torture actually is just give a chance.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ryoz

<Donor>
I can’t see how they are going to top Mischief. I really am hoping for some new wild ruleset, but not sure how likely that will be.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I can’t see how they are going to top Mischief. I really am hoping for some new wild ruleset, but not sure how likely that will be.
Same general ruleset with the already fixed loot boxes and stuff that actual mischief got to guinea pig and more importantly without the duped plat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is it people that clearly never played on a PvP server feel the need to talk about EQ PvP balance any time the subject comes up.
I have played on a pvp server, i played on sirkens server before he joined p99 for a long time. The resists were a bit funky but the reality is still the same.

Certain classes dominated and now with vendor recharging nerfed it will be even worse for melee.

We can both agree that the days of zek on live are vastly different than now and it will be even worse. Warriors paladins and sks rolling around with mith 2handers against necros shamans and even druids will be fucking smoked.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Warriors paladins and sks rolling around with mith 2handers against necros shamans and even druids will be fucking smoked.

No offense but you really need to give an Everquest TLP a rest... DPS is so unbalanced it's not even funny. Monks with bare fists and Rogues with Serrated Bone Dirk would get smoked by Mages and Wizards.

That's basically the PvE equivalent of your argument.

Also, anyone that mentions class balance in EQ PvP and doesn't talk about Bards has zero clue what they're talking about.

• 1Pathetic

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No offense but you really need to give an Everquest TLP a rest... DPS is so unbalanced it's not even funny. Monks with bare fists and Rogues with Serrated Bone Dirk would get smoked by Mages and Wizards.

That's basically the PvE equivalent of your argument.

Also, anyone that mentions class balance in EQ PvP and doesn't talk about Bards has zero clue what they're talking about.
Or clerics but we don't need to harp on everything. You can hold the position eq pvp is just awesome and balanced all you want, thankfully those wheelchair heros are a minority and eq pvp tlp will never happen.

You don't really have any points to argue other than claiming I'm ignorant but i expected more from you.

If you want to debate then you have to actually provide evidence of your position or it's just hubris.

• 2Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Or clerics but we don't need to harp on everything. You can hold the position eq pvp is just awesome and balanced all you want, thankfully those wheelchair heros are a minority and eq pvp tlp will never happen.

I'm not saying EQ PvP is balanced at all. PvE isn't balanced either yet people still wanna play it, being well balanced isn't important to a TLPs success.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is it people that clearly never played on a PvP server feel the need to talk about EQ PvP balance any time the subject comes up.

I played on VZ and eq pvp is shit. Move on.

I'm not saying EQ PvP is balanced at all. PvE isn't balanced either yet people still wanna play it, being well balanced isn't import to a TLPs success.

This is the argument you want to have to make a case for a pvp server? LOL. Because dps in pve is unbalanced, its ok for pvp to be completely absurd. What kind of crock is that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Who cares about balance when 80% of the player base will quit in six months? It’s not like this is your forever server. I think a PvP classic launch TLP would be insanely fun for 3-6 months at least and that’s more than 99% of games on the market give you these days.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This is the argument you want to have to make a case for a pvp server? LOL. Because dps in pve is unbalanced, its ok for pvp to be completely absurd. What kind of crock is that.

No, that's my argument against the retarded "but it's not balanced" argument.

My argument for a PvP TLP would be based around the fact they haven't done it before and there are tons of people that play on TLPs that just want something different, they don't wanna play Phinny clone 8 or Agnarr 2.0.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Tons". Different yes, tons that want pvp? I am pretty confident in saying no.

And you would be surprised how many just want another basic TLP. They love to do classic to pop with 3 month unlocks and no changes.

The question is whether DPG will risk a TLP server window to what will inevitably be 3-6 months before it dies(if that much). I mean sure they did miragul, so its not completely off the list, but pretty far down, i'd say. Or just contiune to crank out almost guarantees of a year before player base jumps.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
They need to give it one solid shot, then put it to rest. It would probably be the most frantic, chaotic TLP ever but the 3-6 month lifespan intent would be great.

I would certainly come back for one of those, no matter how many times I kick my computer tower or put a hole in some drywall.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If best = overrated sure. The raids suck(Bloodfeaster is the only cool fight), the group content sucks, the gear is boring, BiC is stupid and you can get all your AAs on day one. GoD is an LDoN tier expansion change my mind.

How do you get all your GoD AAs on day one? Bank 130 beforehand and Deep AOE for ten hours? IIRC there are like 400 AAs for the average class in GoD. If that's a "get all your AAs on day one" expansion then so are PoP and Luclin.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm wrong

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm just gonna put this out there, the BIC quest was the best quest I've ever done in EQ. That alone makes GoD a worthwhile expansion. Though admittedly I haven't done the Artisan's Prize or some of the bigger tradeskill quests (Eron's Jewelry, Aid Grimel) but I doubt they've got anything on BIC. I did all 3 Shawls, the Alaran tear, and everything else worth doing in EQ and nothing was as good as BIC.

Side note: Anyone else remember GoD zones having weird skies in 2004/2005? The continent had some sort of barrier over it (which is why no one in-game knew it existed before that), and I remember the barrier being visible as the sky layer in the zones. Was this vaguely electric-looking blue sky, very cool. You can still see it in Abysmal Sea, but I remember ALL the GoD zones having it. Was pretty surprised when I went back to those zones in 2006 or so and they had regular skies. Might be having a Mandela Effect moment, IDK.

Edit: Come to think of it, PoR also had a "sky redesign" in places like Arcstone where the sky looked more, I don't know, magical? But eventually those skies also turned into the normal sky, I guess, because they don't have it anymore. Either the sky is messed-up in my EQ files, or they just abandoned all the special sky layers for a generic sky across the board.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
How do you get all your GoD AAs on day one? Bank 130 beforehand and Deep AOE for ten hours? IIRC there are like 400 AAs for the average class in GoD. If that's a "get all your AAs on day one" expansion then so are PoP and Luclin.

Nah no class has even close 400 total AAs most class get like 140-150 good ones and 50 bullshit ones like Packrat. https://www.raidloot.com/aa?name=&effect=&class=Ranger&level=&tab=&exp=Gates+of+Discord

For example Ranger has 118 good AAs and 41 not useless ones but still bad ones.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No guilds made it past first goat in Tacvi. Tacvi was designed for level 70 players OoW and GoD were originally supposed to be the same expansion, but SOE in the search for more money made it 2 expansion.

A lot of regular group-level players couldn't get any use out of GoD past Natimbi, too. So the whole expansion was just a muddy beach with stonemites for those people, setting foot in Qinimi or even the steps outside of it was basically just death. I guess Abysmal Sea had its uses for those left-behind folks, but I'm guessing most of them just went to WoW instead.

The first goat in Tacvi is one of the harder fights in the zone but I never considered it that hard. The snakes right after it are way harder. The zone also has the strongest trash mobs in all of EQ (relatively speaking, pound-for-pound). I don't know of any zone before or since that had trash mobs as strong as the Tacvi mastruqs. They probably broke the tank death record previously set by the Velious flurry drakes.

The Zuns are kind of the easy part of Tacvi IIRC. So you get past the tough first few fights and you get a bunch of Zuns. Like guilds in 2001 getting past Aaryonar and getting access to easier fights like Feshlak (just skip Vyemm until later).

I don't remember anyone beating Tacvi in-era either. Not even sure if Mata was beaten in-era. I feel like both of them went down in the expansion after their debuts, but I might be wrong. That's so rare in EQ that I'm not sure if it ever happened again. Though I'm pretty sure that in mid 2004 when I came back to EQ after a few year break, there were pictures on Alla of all the Tacvi bosses (including Tunat) with their levels. I'm guessing it's from people warping and using ShowEQ to see mob levels, if the goat was bouncing people at the start. Unless...none of the doors are actually locked? Which would be shocking.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nah no class has even close 400 total AAs most class get like 140-150 good ones and 50 bullshit ones like Packrat. https://www.raidloot.com/aa?name=&effect=&class=Ranger&level=&tab=&exp=Gates+of+Discord

For example Ranger has 118 good AAs and 41 not useless ones but still bad ones.

Huh, I don't know why I thought there were around 400. I must be thinking of OoW, since I played through OoW and GoD in the same timeframe, hit max level and started AAing in WoS. So the two blend together for me to an extent. PoP and Luclin both also have WAY more AAs than 160. The devs were in coast-mode after PoP I guess.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of AAs, did they remove the Bard "double-attack" AA they used to get in PoP? Haven't noticed it on my box as being available at all.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
We can't even get Old Freeport, Commonlands, Nektulos, or Desert of Ro.

Shits on Nostalgia given how popular those zones are/were.

There are some pretty big quest-related reasons for Freeport staying the way it is, plus those zones would look super-dated if reverted.

What they could do is revamp all of those zones AGAIN and give them the exact same layouts they had originally, only with modern visuals / polygon count, add in all the NPCs from the newer versions so that quests etc would be intact, and call it a day.

• 1Like