EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Let me know when they can stop people from warping to open raid bosses. Until then open world is just gonna be stupid.
The biggest shake up they could do for TLP would be to find a way to actually break MQ and eyes. You can't compete for open world targets without 'cheating' (counting MySEQ as cheating fuckers). Would it make it more fun? Probably not since most people use them for player enforced QoL, but it would definitely break the current 'meta'. Anyway, ignoring that there is an arms race to cheat in both PvE and PvP content isn't the win you think it is.

Btw, how did the Classic progress go on Mischief with the clicky changes? Did that end up having any impact?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What you end up doing is sticking a bunch of toons FD in places with a drink bird going that does something like say Jimble Jamble %t is up in a password locked private chat channel and an audio trigger set to play something very loud when the proper condition is met. Then you get trained a lot. Then you start recording video footage. It's a giant pain in the ass but it's what ya gotta do.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Wrong, like always. It's far more about mobilization and numbers than the "better dps". And losing a dps race on an open world boss isn't close to the same thing as being ganked over and over and standing no chance to defend yourself because you're a shit class.

I'd rather get ganked 1000 times than be forced to play a Rogue in Classic.

I'm sorry the level 17 Halfling Druid bullied you 18 years ago, you should really give EQ PvP another try.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, the whole server cares about open world. No, not really. About 99% of the server is quite happy doing their raids at set times and set days every week, and not caring about open world.
Do you even play anymore? Or are you just trolling at this point?
It's quite clear you're a casual normie who just wouldn't understand how HARDCORE he is, tbh.

• 1Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd rather get ganked 1000 times than be forced to play a Rogue in Classic.

I'm sorry the level 17 Halfling Druid bullied you 18 years ago, you should really give EQ PvP another try.

Why would anyone be forced to play a rogue in classic? What the fuck are you even talking about?

Stop shitting up the thread with how little you know about anything

• 1Worf

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
/vote pvp server

OW raids seriously contested.

No matter how many you box, you wont be able to target fast enough before your healers are ganked.

• 1Truth!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Aradune saw I think one AoW fought in the arena and unfortunately the game couldn't really handle mass combat.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Inc 64bit client?

Let the bodies hit the floor.
Won't improve performance in networked situations... so you'll have lag, but with 8 byte pointers!

There are zero performance benefits from swapping the architecture from 32-bit to 64-bit. It is just so the game doesn't crash.

• 1Truth!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The biggest shake up they could do for TLP would be to find a way to actually break MQ and eyes. You can't compete for open world targets without 'cheating' (counting MySEQ as cheating fuckers). Would it make it more fun? Probably not since most people use them for player enforced QoL, but it would definitely break the current 'meta'. Anyway, ignoring that there is an arms race to cheat in both PvE and PvP content isn't the win you think it is.

Btw, how did the Classic progress go on Mischief with the clicky changes? Did that end up having any impact?
It didn’t change much. My static one grouped the first Phinny kill then we got a SoTI off our first Vox which I believe still generates some aggro so we used that on Nagafen.

Either way top TLP guilds didn’t massively abuse Jboots shit until Mangler or maybe even Aradune afaik.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is mrniceguy that abacab person? Only other one I remember here that was so for pvp and would spaz out against anyone who said anything against it.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is mrniceguy that abacab person? Only other one I remember here that was so for pvp and would spaz out against anyone who said anything against it.

I actually think PVP would be really fun for a day, then would just be an annoyance

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

He was brandt and a few other names, and really not a big pvp blowhard. He's just stubborn as shit and pvp is his current argument point here.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I just woke up from a dream where someone said "Hey Harmon is back in EQ!". This necessitates story time:

Harmon was a coworker, and like all coworkers he dabbled in everquest. I can't really remember if this was launch or beta days but the company we worked for collapsed and we all got the axe (happens all the time in games). At the time he was a human male druid which was kind of a rare sight.

I ended up at Digital Anvil (where everyone also played eq) and shortly thereafter learned that Harmon worked there briefly. Legend has it that he came to work for a few days, then stopped showing up. They called and called and eventually got through after a few days.

He had been on a nonstop binge. I never got the full story but I think it might have been the manastone camp. Needless to say they fired him.

Now I really want to play.
I have almost the same story except I worked at Arby's. I doubt my Harmon turned out ok. :emoji_shrug:

Rucket

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally registered to add that I'm looking forward to this. What are the chances that they do a Kunark start? I was hopeful for something non-Classic but the road map they put out mentioned adding achievements to quests in the starting cities, and I can't help but think that some sort of gimmick might be attached to that.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Buddy trying to convince me to do this if the rules dont suck . . .

I just dunno if I wanna do classic again. Guess it could be good if I play hard for a few days to get 50, then maybe a few hours a week to raid.

WIsh they would get their shit together and announce the rules. Not like they DIDNT know they were going to do a TLP.