EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
interesting.

also did rapiers commit to a server? i heard they are doing a collab with keon and atabishi but isnt atabishi in thailand or something... those rapiers...!

1650696434759.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not related to this TLP specifically but I figured folks here would find this cool.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This wasn’t posted here when it dropped last week but it’s a good read about the performance issues that plague EQ and the road to resolving them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even Siri knows with autocorrect to my wife.

96D793B1-AD07-4605-A780-1AA81B5A1878.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
This wasn’t posted here when it dropped last week but it’s a good read about the performance issues that plague EQ and the road to resolving them.

I think it was a really well explained and helps to address latency issues. This feels like another thing on the "JChan Roadmap" that she probably wanted to tackle for many years but wasn't given the authority to do so until she was in charge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like both TLP's are getting new info dropped soon:

Wonder what that means for Yelinak? I could see Vaniki getting clarification on keys/unlocks and such.

So when was this to be announced? I am curious as to what else they will do with Vaniki.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still wish they would just remove levels from ALL gear on Vaniki.

• 4Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Remove all level requirements and make it free trade. Now that would be a fun server, twinking the fuck out of alts was one thing that made EQ fun that they completely screwed over in later expansions.

• 4Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Remove all level requirements and make it free trade. Now that would be a fun server, twinking the fuck out of alts was one thing that made EQ fun that they completely screwed over in later expansions.

It's an easy way of adding a dynamic that would draw in more people than just those planning on bind rushing CT for three hours while still being in flavor with the server. They could just delete the entire recommended level mechanic and that would be A-OK.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Addressing Latency | EverQuest Forums

For those of you upset and frustrated by lag, we understand and hear you. It frustrates us, too. This post is meant to provide some insight into what...
forums.daybreakgames.com

So they come out with the "Luck" modifier, the stupidest thing in the game ever. Knowing full well those type of checks cause the servers to crash and burn. I have no sympathy for these people.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So they come out with the "Luck" modifier, the stupidest thing in the game ever. Knowing full well those type of checks cause the servers to crash and burn. I have no sympathy for these people.

I also wondered about that. Luck adds checks to basically everything.

I feel like this pretty much HAS to happen. Otherwise there's very little point in fighting things that are beyond your level. For example, at level 60 all of the 70 expansions unlock...yet the gear in them is all required 65+. Even group gear like various PoR weapons are generally 61+.

As things are, at level 60 we'll have 70 content open and will be stuck in VT gear for the whole duration. Maybe the intent is that we do GoD during that timeframe, but without PoP gear I don't know how much of a pain in the ass that'll be.

Doing SOF content at 70 is a similar deal. We've got a hypothetical perma-achievement for beating Meldrath at 70, and I talked before about how hard that'll be. I was assuming we'd at least have some time to get tank gear in TSS and Solteris, but all of that is req 75. So you're doing Meldrath at 70 with PoR gear at best.

IDK, maybe this is the intent, but it doesn't sound very fun. Going after targets that are way beyond your level cap should result in getting gear just like it would in-era, with the difference being the level handicap.

Crizack

Lord Nagafen Raider
  • Ruleset: True-Box Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically every 8-12 weeks (Early expansions unlock more often. The specific schedule is below), and only one EverQuest client may be run per computer.
  • Experience: Progression standard. Starts off slower than live, but faster than EverQuest at the original launch and increases at Gates of Discord, Depths of Darkhollow, and The Serpent Spine. At The Serpent Spine experience is as normal live servers.
Unlock Schedule:
  • Eight weeks after launch: Ruins of Kunark
  • Eight weeks later: Scars of Velious
  • Eight weeks later: Shadows of Luclin
  • Eight weeks later: Planes for Power and Legacy of Ykesha
  • Twelve weeks later: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
  • Four weeks later: Gates of Discord
  • At this point the schedule becomes consistent. Enjoy expansions for twelve weeks when a new level cap is unlocked, and eight weeks in expansions where the level cap stays the same.

Vaniki​

• After reviewing player feedback and reading many discussions about the topic, we have concluded that Vaniki may benefit from having a longer duration in each expansion. The current plan is to adjust the schedule to the following - allow 2 months for eras with one expansion and level cap increase, and 3 months for eras with more than one expansion and level increase. For example, the duration of OoW through PoR would previously be 2 months and would now be 3. The duration of SoF would previously have been 1 month and would now be 2. The reasoning behind this is we want more players to be able to reach the goal of beating the specific raids needed at each level cap. It is quite fast to expect people to beat an expansion in one month, at 10 levels behind the original cap. We understand that this may affect your interest in the server, and we hope that you are understanding of our reasoning behind this change. Here is the currently planned schedule for Vaniki (still subject to change):
    • Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
    • Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
    • Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
    • Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
    • Twelve weeks later: level 65 unlocks along with expansions up to The Buried Sea
    • Twelve weeks later: level 70 unlocks along with Secrets of Faydwer
    • Eight weeks later: level 75 unlocks along with expansions up to Underfoot
    • Twelve weeks later: level 80 unlocks along with House of Thule
    • Eight weeks later: level 85 unlocks along with Veil of Alaris
    • Eight weeks later: level 90 unlocks along with expansions up to Call of the Forsaken
    • Twelve weeks later: level 95 unlocks along with expansions up to Empires of Kunark
    • Twelve weeks later: level 100 unlocks along with expansions up to The Burning Lands
    • Twelve weeks later: level 105 unlocks along with expansions up to Claws of Veeshan
    • Twelve weeks later: level 110 unlocks along with Terror of Luclin
    • Twelve weeks later: level 115 unlocks
    • Twelve weeks later: level 120 unlocks

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The item restrictions are not as loose as I would have hoped for and it Vaniki is not a free trade server but double loot is still solid.

Does anyone know what

1651607581172.png

means exactly?

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The thing that worries me is the formula that determines stat scaling is pretty bad so gear from really hard raids might be so downgraded it kinda sucks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The thing that worries me is the formula that determines stat scaling is pretty bad so gear from really hard raids might be so downgraded it kinda sucks.

It's in flavor with the server (I guess, bleh) but it will definitely be a feels bad mechanic for the gear you fought your ass of for to have a bunch of diminished stats on it.

Rucket

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's interesting that they changed Yelinak to have 8 weeks of Classic. I was unaware that was something people actually wanted.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like it could be an interesting raid server, but I was hoping more for a Mischief server where I could free-trade deck out some alts and fuck around occasionally. I don't know, sad I skipped Mischief, but I'll probably skip this one as well.

edit: This is double raid boss, and rare loot, correct? Anyone seeing this being amazingly fun, and I'm just missing it - IDK on the fence. Could be a fun bit of chaos rushing to 60. EXP is quite a bit faster than, say, Aradune, right?

Also, when is the actual release date on this?

Last edited: