EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
You'll never get rid of the RMT. All the kids who grew up playing EQ have disposable income now. They can live out their childhood dream and buy the character they always wished they had.

Unfortunately we're heading in that direction in general for gaming. I imagine we'll start seeing more and more pay to win games. Devs are cutting out the middle man and just selling you the shit directly. Disappointing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Loot randomization makes target farming basically impossible. So on Mischief you end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need. It just makes sense to sell that stuff and use it to buy what you need.

Like if i kill Vhaksiz the shade and get an EOE, but i don't want an EOE it just make sense to sell it and buy an item actually want.
I think she meant paid real money, not plat heh.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm interested in casually watching how folks are progressing on Vaniki. Anyone care to link their twitch that plans on going hard on this one?

Miethos

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna play but I haven't touched any of the TLP stuff or played in a decade. I'm gonna have to figure out all the custom UI and new crap people are using. Gonna 2box with my two PC's. I'm thinking Shaman and Monk might work. I want to play a Magician again but I just don't think I would be able to level as fast that way. Oh well, I'll take any suggestions on the new content and stuff I should get, like UI or map packs. See u nerds the 25th.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm gonna play but I haven't touched any of the TLP stuff or played in a decade. I'm gonna have to figure out all the custom UI and new crap people are using. Gonna 2box with my two PC's. I'm thinking Shaman and Monk might work. I want to play a Magician again but I just don't think I would be able to level as fast that way. Oh well, I'll take any suggestions on the new content and stuff I should get, like UI or map packs. See u nerds the 25th.

Don't bother, the default ui is fine. Most of the ui mods are outdated and cause nothing but problems.

Brewalls maps is the new hotness i believe.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iirc, a group mostly full of magicians was the first, or one of the first groups to reach max lvl and subsequently down Phinigel. Most of your normal trinity groups were 10-15 lvls behind them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sparxx is cleaner than default UI (imo) and is kept up to date. Often any patches that break it are fixed and available before the patch even goes live.

I'd also suggest downloading Goods map pack in addition to Brewalls. Neither one is 100% perfect but it's trivial to switch in between them in game to get the best map for a given zone if you install them properly.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pro tip for UIs. When you make your separate folder you can put in just the files for the stuff you are replacing. I use minimalist, which just changes out 4 windows. So that folder just has those 4 files in it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone want to link anything, or should we just google and hopefully not wind up on some site that has been promoted that is basically aids.

I use brewells and goods, but no ui mods.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I made an embiggened drakah tking celtic here: GitHub - Kharzette/EQTLPUI: Old people friendly user interface for the upcoming time locked progression everquest server in honor of the late great Aradune!

But the art itself is : I used the waifu2x upscalar so icons and such have a more cartooney look.

I made custom spell meters for each class based on pngs from wacky japanese 2d games. Let me know if anyone wants a specific class.

It is all big and obnoxious and silly. Probably is much nicer on a big screen but I have a small shitty 1080p monitor. There's no way to go bigger on some of the fonts in EQ. I think I saw they are going to work on that in the roadmap.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I made an embiggened drakah tking celtic here: GitHub - Kharzette/EQTLPUI: Old people friendly user interface for the upcoming time locked progression everquest server in honor of the late great Aradune!

But the art itself is : I used the waifu2x upscalar so icons and such have a more cartooney look.

I made custom spell meters for each class based on pngs from wacky japanese 2d games. Let me know if anyone wants a specific class.

It is all big and obnoxious and silly. Probably is much nicer on a big screen but I have a small shitty 1080p monitor. There's no way to go bigger on some of the fonts in EQ. I think I saw they are going to work on that in the roadmap.
stopgethelp.gif

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I have a small group of friends who came to Mischief to farm krono for their characters on other severs and it ended up being so profitable they just became RMTers. In PoP they cleared 120k USD just during that 4 month period split between six people.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Iirc, a group mostly full of magicians was the first, or one of the first groups to reach max lvl and subsequently down Phinigel. Most of your normal trinity groups were 10-15 lvls behind them.
Cleric, Enchanter x2, Mage x3

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have a small group of friends who came to Mischief to farm krono for their characters on other severs and it ended up being so profitable they just became RMTers. In PoP they cleared 120k USD just during that 4 month period split between six people.

Damn, and I was over here trying to swing crypto trades for a couple hundred here and there. Should have just been farming Mischief.

Wonder if Vaniki is gonna offer anywhere close to the same level of RMT potential.

• 1Pathetic

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It blows my mind that this game can still do that for players. 20+ year old game and players can make a living off it.

Amazing
Surprised Cat GIF

• 1Truth!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Unless these friends were the plat dupers they're embellishing by quite a bit.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
12,000 krono worth, on a normal server that would be hard but in my experience it's not getting the Kronos it's offloading it.

120 instances @ 100 krono a pop, it's definitely doable but how they managed to not lose the whole batch in a ban says a lot about daybreak.

I would imagine aoe powerleveling would be necessary to not destroy the market with raid loot so you can guess who the friends are ;)