EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
In WoW, we used EP/GP for years and it worked pretty well. You gain EP (Effort Points) instead of DKP and when you win loot you gain GP (Gear Points). Your EP / GP determines your PR (Priority). So your ratio of effort to gear won determines your priority. NBG after that, settled by PR. It only really works because of WoW having ilvl / rarity, since GP values were fixed based on the item level / rarity / slot. It would be a nightmare trying to fix values across all of the tons of goofy shit in EQ. We also had an add on that tracked it all in guild memo slots so it was always public/visible and people would bid through the addon. It was nice since you could do things like decay EP and GP equally while keep people's PR the same, do massive decays at xpac changeovers, etc. Very little loot drama tbc->cata, minus a few times when EP ticks when out during loot assignment and jostled PR values a bit.

Imo, a good loot system should incentivize people to spend points to get gear, allow a little bit of pooling to target a special item, but penalize hoarding in the long run.

Back to EQ, they are looking at adding some new challenges to Vaniki, but I believe the main miss (how shit the rewards are) hasn't been addressed.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I'm talking about SoV to like OoW. Gear doesn't really matter in Classic and Kunark.

If a guild is looking to split content a healthy 72 man raid roster is gonna have like 8 warriors, 10 bards, 12 clerics, 6 knights. That's half your raid as plate classes.
Reason why Warrior weapons are expensive is because you have more of them then any other melee class besides monks. It's not uncommon for a guild to have 10 Warriors and 2 Rogues in Luclin. It makes the demand for Bloodfrenzy much higher then the Rogue weapon. You'll rarely see enough Bloodfrenzys, Rogue weapons typically start rotting a few weeks in.

It has nothing with them being stupid and everything to do with typical class makeup of the raid. It becomes less of an issue later on with things like GoD goat armor and Anguish molds being for every class.
That’s not early era, that’s closing time lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That’s not early era, that’s closing time lol

For most people GoD/OoW is early era. Early era ends somewhere in the level 70 expansions, maybe PoR at the latest. Middle era is TSS through RoF (level 100) or so, and Current era is COTF+ where all the expansions are basically standardized. Those 3 eras are very distinct from one another.

For people who only do the PoP treadmill over and over, I guess OoW is closing time, but those people are never seeing Act 2 or 3. IMO Act 2 is the best one and worth seeing a couple times.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I'm talking about SoV to like OoW. Gear doesn't really matter in Classic and Kunark.

If a guild is looking to split content a healthy 72 man raid roster is gonna have like 8 warriors, 10 bards, 12 clerics, 6 knights. That's half your raid as plate classes.
Reason why Warrior weapons are expensive is because you have more of them then any other melee class besides monks. It's not uncommon for a guild to have 10 Warriors and 2 Rogues in Luclin. It makes the demand for Bloodfrenzy much higher then the Rogue weapon. You'll rarely see enough Bloodfrenzys, Rogue weapons typically start rotting a few weeks in.

It has nothing with them being stupid and everything to do with typical class makeup of the raid. It becomes less of an issue later on with things like GoD goat armor and Anguish molds being for every class.
If your guild has 10 warriors your guild leadership is fucking moronic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
Comparison to being able to refuse service based on sexual orientation.

It's also not true that EULA's matter all that much, but it's a lot more gray than blatantly violating federal law
You mean like… “we’re banning Ambiturner for being gay, but let’s just say it’s because of another reason and it’s legal + in our tos that we have the right to refuse anyone.”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only dum dums bring politics and religion into eq talk… A more important question is has anybody heard from Keon and the rapiers crew recently? I’ve not heard a thing!
1653246012092.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Keon was like the perfect news to break up the "business" aspect of EQ. The game is fun for people that arent fucking antisocial cunts - if I can make 1200 in like a month off a game that I had fun playing the whole time - Im down.
Is this another Rapiers recruitment post? Antisocial cunts need not apply, only ballers who want to have fun AND make 1200 a month?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
False.
Warriors and Clerics are usually what determines how many splits you can do.

I misread this as Warriors and Celtics for a second. Thought "hey that'd be a pretty good NBA Finals", then remembered I haven't given a shit about the NBA for two years.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I misread this as Warriors and Celtics for a second. Thought "hey that'd be a pretty good NBA Finals", then remembered I haven't given a shit about the NBA for two years.
You ever stream?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You ever stream?

I was actually considering recording this launch and posting like a ten-hour Youtube video or something like that. Probably won't though. Streaming would have been cool if I'd started ten years ago (definitely considered it), now I'm old and tired and everyone else is doing it.

Question for the room, what Origin points are best in terms of being closest to a PoK book? With a GoD release, the dynamics of Origin change quite a bit. Rather than it being a warp to a centralized location, it's more of an avenue to just get back to PoK faster.

Felwithe* and Kelethin come to mind, Qeynos for classes that start in the north zone (like monk).

* - Felwithe for classes that'd start closer to the Priest of Discord. I'm guessing some of them start way back in the caster guild. Never played a High Elf so I don't know.

Primarily thinking of cloth caster races that Origin closest to a book, and at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So is everyone doing Vaniki? What do people think will be the toughest content downed at level 40 and 50?

As a spectator I kind of wish they did level locks at 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and had each of these tiers only last one week. A bunch of level 1s running around trying to farm, well, fucking anything is probably way more fun to read about than to experience.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I was actually considering recording this launch and posting like a ten-hour Youtube video or something like that. Probably won't though. Streaming would have been cool if I'd started ten years ago (definitely considered it), now I'm old and tired and everyone else is doing it.

Question for the room, what Origin points are best in terms of being closest to a PoK book? With a GoD release, the dynamics of Origin change quite a bit. Rather than it being a warp to a centralized location, it's more of an avenue to just get back to PoK faster.

Felwithe* and Kelethin come to mind, Qeynos for classes that start in the north zone (like monk).

* - Felwithe for classes that'd start closer to the Priest of Discord. I'm guessing some of them start way back in the caster guild. Never played a High Elf so I don't know.

Primarily thinking of cloth caster races that Origin closest to a book, and at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.
I feel like Gnomes are pretty damn close to the book.

Actually I take that back. Gnomes have that maze. I was thinking of Halflings, but that doesn't fulfil the caster class.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I feel like Gnomes are pretty damn close to the book.

Actually I take that back. Gnomes have that maze. I was thinking of Halflings, but that doesn't fulfil the caster class.
"That maze"

The zone is 5 feet wide. There is no "maze" unless you happen to be an evil gnome and tucked away in the furthest possible corner of Ak'anon. And then you're a dozen steps away from the zone out instead of 10.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wood elves is really close once you can safely jump down. Literally a 10 second run from the rogue GL at least with no extra zoning