EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately pet pulling is no more, it's because once aggroed a mob didn't send out the assist call to nearby social mobs after the first time, but they 'fixed' it that they do now even when aggroed, it'll keep sending out the assist call.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Do you know de wey?
Only if I had a Ugandan sugar-momma who let me play EQ without a job. Other than that, not really no... that's why I ask so many questions here about it. I'd LOVE to devote nothing but time to EQ again, I just can't juggle it with RL because the idea of doing it again without 100% devotion to it seems pointless to my passion for it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Only if I had a Ugandan sugar-momma who let me play EQ without a job. Other than that, not really no... that's why I ask so many questions here about it. I'd LOVE to devote nothing but time to EQ again, I just can't juggle it with RL because the idea of doing it again without 100% devotion to it seems pointless to my passion for it.

I usually feel the same way actually, like I'm either all-in or just don't have time for it. Half-assing or barely being on just makes me not want to show up.

Lately I've taken a slightly different stance on it though. I used to play MMOs a lot with my mom in the early 2000's when I was a teenager, and recently she expressed an interest in doing more MMO-related stuff with newer MMOs. Been wanting to hang out with her in a gaming sense for a while, so her wanting to see some of the MMOs made me want to spend more time MMO-ing / with her while she's around. On the hit list are EQ, EQ2, LOTRO, ESO, WoW, and FF14, maybe spend a couple months with each. I'd also like to maybe see Vanguard while I'm at it. Going into all this with the knowledge that I'm not gonna be particularly hardcore with any of them, just chilling more or less, which is somewhat liberating from my usual mindset.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I usually feel the same way actually, like I'm either all-in or just don't have time for it. Half-assing or barely being on just makes me not want to show up.
^ This

Playing casually on live on my original characters is foreign and depressing due to being overwhelmed with crap I don't and never will understand. PoK has an NPC that I have NO idea what they do every 10 feet it seems.

"Hail, NPC I've never seen"
"Greetings stupid newbie! Mystic forces have gathered at this zone you've never heard of or know how to access! If you would, kind loser, please gather 10 of these rare items from red mobs that kill you and your gimpy gear in 2 hits!"

/ex

I believe what everyone says about p99's corruption, so that's off the table too, and brand new TLPs require massive time to keep up with the Joneses.

I was lucky enough to do Agnarr with Faceless from day 1. It was amazing... felt just like being with LoS back in the day: elite. I lasted a week... was falling asleep at raids that went into the night while work was getting up at 5am and that was sooooo not what ANY guild needs from any player on any class. I felt so so sad quitting Agnarr and that guild.

<--- still retains the avatar.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
^ This

Playing casually on live on my original characters is foreign and depressing due to being overwhelmed with crap I don't and never will understand. PoK has an NPC that I have NO idea what they do every 10 feet it seems.

"Hail, NPC I've never seen"
"Greetings stupid newbie! Mystic forces have gathered at this zone you've never heard of or know how to access! If you would, kind loser, please gather 10 of these rare items from red mobs that kill you and your gimpy gear in 2 hits!"

/ex

I believe what everyone says about p99's corruption, so that's off the table too, and brand new TLPs require massive time to keep up with the Joneses.

I was lucky enough to do Agnarr with Faceless from day 1. It was amazing... felt just like being with LoS back in the day: elite. I lasted a week... was falling asleep at raids that went into the night while work was getting up at 5am and that was sooooo not what ANY guild needs from any player on any class. I felt so so sad quitting Agnarr and that guild.

<--- still retains the avatar.

Yeah, one of my EQ regrets is not playing Agnarr with Faceless. That server was sorta its own universe. Did get to 65 on there and do some stuff, but not until like well after the server had died down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In other news, aren't we supposed to be having a named bonus?

I sat in Frenzy room for six entire hours killing all the PHes with no interruptions and got zero nameds. Holy shit. Kind of pissed that I spent half of Memorial Day on this.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In other news, aren't we supposed to be having a named bonus?

I sat in Frenzy room for six entire hours killing all the PHes with no interruptions and got zero nameds. Holy shit. Kind of pissed that I spent half of Memorial Day on this.

Isnt that usually around july 4th?

Needless

Toe Sucker
there any decent resources for truebox macros? i always just alt tabbed before truebox shit came around but its pretty annoying not knowing the /pause gaps etc

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Rajaah Rajaah

Vanessa Vanessa

Mischief is awesome for casuals. The ability to twink or gear out is way easier.

A lil tricky finding a group or guild in your timezone with raid times that fit RL schedules.

It is also nice when you find your community - met lots of old school family/duo/couple situations and it brings back a lot of memories.

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
there any decent resources for truebox macros? i always just alt tabbed before truebox shit came around but its pretty annoying not knowing the /pause gaps etc

Depends on the class. Looking up macro tutorials is super helpful, especially understanding how /pause can assist in timing.

Most tips/tricks are shared in-game through class specific operations. Such as, using a macro hotkey (on hotbar) linked to another macro hotkey (on hotbar) - from what I understand this allows for a semi-auto operation for a box. Necros do well with this in casting a succession of dots without much effort.

SeanDoe1z1

Meh, enjoying yelinak enough. Hate the revamped zones.

if there was an easy way to get old icon/graphics without a mod a tip would be legit. Had to stop the new combat music immediately.

Crazy using death as a means of transportation early on too

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, enjoying yelinak enough. Hate the revamped zones.

if there was an easy way to get old icon/graphics without a mod a tip would be legit. Had to stop the new combat music immediately.

Crazy using death as a means of transportation early on too

iirc you can input the old files in and then you add a shortcut in the launcher to skip patching(otherwise you have to replace it everytime). Can google it easily to find the files.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Depends on the class. Looking up macro tutorials is super helpful, especially understanding how /pause can assist in timing.

Most tips/tricks are shared in-game through class specific operations. Such as, using a macro hotkey (on hotbar) linked to another macro hotkey (on hotbar) - from what I understand this allows for a semi-auto operation for a box. Necros do well with this in casting a succession of dots without much effort.
Hmm yeah maybe i just need to add an extra spell bar thats specific to macros, i'll look up some druid shit since it'll mostly be assist nukes or party member specific heals

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Hmm yeah maybe i just need to add an extra spell bar thats specific to macros, i'll look up some druid shit since it'll mostly be assist nukes or party member specific heals

You can add /xtar 4 (I think) to the macro line where you designate a target to xtar window. This allows for instant target switch and immediate spell cast. If that makes sense.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Lately I've taken a slightly different stance on it though. I used to play MMOs a lot with my mom in the early 2000's when I was a teenager, and recently she expressed an interest in doing more MMO-related stuff with newer MMOs. Been wanting to hang out with her in a gaming sense for a while, so her wanting to see some of the MMOs made me want to spend more time MMO-ing / with her while she's around. On the hit list are EQ, EQ2, LOTRO, ESO, WoW, and FF14, maybe spend a couple months with each. I'd also like to maybe see Vanguard while I'm at it. Going into all this with the knowledge that I'm not gonna be particularly hardcore with any of them, just chilling more or less, which is somewhat liberating from my usual mindset.
Not sure if you've played it but GW2 is a great casual MMO game.

I'll say this, BR did it faster at 40 than a lot of family-style guilds do it at 60.
What target are you guys going after next? What group gear are you guys farming?

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
not trying to live my life on vaniki by farming ldon... honestly, only losers grind ldon

there are 4 nice 45hp-ish items from lavastorm (no idea where these quests came from - DoN? but allakahzam marks it as PoP, which is not true)... a manapres2 and spellhaste2 item from pok quests - all 6 of these items can easily be done at 40, if not ~25ish

anyone else have some more suggestions like this? maybe some LoY or lower level GoD quests?

edit* i guess new CoM and Veksar are some decent options

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity