EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lemme see...Rhags, Blood, comms, generals, arbiters, taskmaster...I think that's all of them. No Emp yet and I don't think Cursed has been downed either.

I definitely have noticed a change in frequency. The comms/arbiters drop 2x the rings/insignias/whatever, but also seem much rarer than I remember them being on other servers. Especially comms. Keeping the whole floor clear with like 40 people and I think we got like one comm per hour, maybe less than that even.

Pretty tedious stuff. I got my VT key done a while ago and yet I have basically zero parts for the Emp key. Gonna hope that it drops tomorrow or I'm somewhat SOL, no pun intended.
No XTC or high priest? I would have thought those would be worth a shot given that they're rooted and the AEs can be walled.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
No XTC or high priest? I would have thought those would be worth a shot given that they're rooted and the AEs can be walled.
I wonder if healers run oom having to RGC the tank/RT on XTC. HP adds probably still can't be mezzed at level 40, although I could be wrong about that with the Vaniki ruleset.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's not the case. The fanciest stuff he's wearing came from the first Kael raids where you'd be rather foolish to pass out premium droppables to strangers.

Yeah. Also most of the good tank gear in the early Kael raids was funneled to Thraka, which a bunch of people bitched about. And it's like...we need a main tank who isn't going anywhere if we want to kill literally any raid targets. Lot of idiocy and bitchin' going around. I have no issue with either of those guys funneling gear to themselves early-on. I'd be doing the same thing if I were running the guild, knowing that half the people playing are gonna drop off by month 3. BR is going DKP soon as well.

DickTrickle

I wonder if healers run oom having to RGC the tank/RT on XTC. HP adds probably still can't be mezzed at level 40, although I could be wrong about that with the Vaniki ruleset.
Just cycle tanks via rez/taunt since you can summon tank. But yeah, I would think XTC would be harder. In an AoC, the adds won't respawn for HP and the AE isn't high damage. I imagine you could summon tank HP without any extra cheese.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
With 50 unlocking soon I have to imagine everyone is kinda looking past most of the gear and don't mind slumming it with gloomingdeep gear. Obviously critical focus items, weapons or special ability items (ex: Vicc's monk epic and fungi tunic) will have lasting value but most other stuff you could be farming will be wayyyy easier in a few days. If the level 40 cap was around for 2 months instead of 1 month, do you think the server would basically die or do you think folks would keep burning to flesh out their gear more?

I think it'd die. More time at 40 isn't good.

If they were going to do two months of pre-50, I think they should have had the cap at 30, then gone 35/40/45/50 every two weeks. With a stagnant 40 cap, one month is already a little too long.

TBH I don't know, I've been working a lot and I missed quite a few things.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Just cycle tanks via rez/taunt since you can summon tank. But yeah, I would think XTC would be harder. In an AoC, the adds won't respawn for HP and the AE isn't high damage. I imagine you could summon tank HP without any extra cheese.
I forgot about the adds not respawning for HP in AoC - that should be totally doable then.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you sell an account (I have too many), do you need to worry about debit cards / other info being stored? Any bases I need to make sure I cover?

I'd think that there's nothing to worry about because EQ asks for a security code before it lets you do Station Cash purchases. I'm not sure about the website though.

DickTrickle

If you sell an account (I have too many), do you need to worry about debit cards / other info being stored? Any bases I need to make sure I cover?

I'd think that there's nothing to worry about because EQ asks for a security code before it lets you do Station Cash purchases. I'm not sure about the website though.
Your card can be saved as a payment source. Delete that if you have it. I'd change any identifying information (like name) that may be there.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What's the chance we see a new Mischief server before the end of the year? I figured non-existent due to the recent release, but maybe because they aren't pulling great populations?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the chance we see a new Mischief server before the end of the year? I figured non-existent due to the recent release, but maybe because they aren't pulling great populations?
Ultra low chance but DPG does sometimes shit out random servers outside of the normal TLP launch window.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would expect mischief and thornblade to be merged in a year or less, and no new version until after that, so at least a year if not more. If I had to bet, I'd say next year is a more conservative and less wild set, and 2 years from now they go nutty, with the mischief type or variations or just something brand new like vaniki was.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey holy shit, nice race at Naggy <Without Regret> , gg!

Unfortunately I missed the call to arms but paraphrasing our guild leader, grats on the kill, always nice to see guilds contesting, makes it more fun!

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider

It's not worth selling accounts unless you need to pay rent with that money.

The risk of getting your account mixed with the ones you sell, is just not worth it. You sell to 1 person, that person sells to another. Everything comes back to you.

This is assuming you are only selling SOME of your accounts. If you're totally done, then obviously fuck it. But, trying to sell "part" of your team just isn't worth it, in my opinion.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I would expect mischief and thornblade to be merged in a year or less, and no new version until after that, so at least a year if not more. If I had to bet, I'd say next year is a more conservative and less wild set, and 2 years from now they go nutty, with the mischief type or variations or just something brand new like vaniki was.
next year makes perfect sense for Mischief clone. They actually did a brilliant thing this year with these 2 new servers. They managed to make 2 new servers that barely moved anyone off of Mischief. A new Mischief server would have still made them a killing this year, but I think their plan is to save the mischief server for next year. There's no way they can go TWO years resisting making a 2nd Mischief. This year was only because they wanted to get the non free trade people back into classic. I absolutely cannot see them skipping free trade/random 2 years in a row. They already have the blueprints for success and have already put in a lot of dev time to "fixing" a lot of broken stuff on Mischief. There is no way they wait 3 years between Mischief 1.0 and 2.0

Also, as many many others have said here and elsewhere, they really need to stagger these servers, especially when it's 1 classic + 1 event server.

I think the event server (Vaniki), would have done so much better if it came out 3-6 months before the classic start server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
There was a quote from dreamweaver where they said the only time during the year they could merge the two servers was in may. As the rest of the year has projects lined up for the one engineering guy or whatever they have.
Dunno if that still holds true but seems like time has passed on it for this year.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's not worth selling accounts unless you need to pay rent with that money.

The risk of getting your account mixed with the ones you sell, is just not worth it. You sell to 1 person, that person sells to another. Everything comes back to you.

This is assuming you are only selling SOME of your accounts. If you're totally done, then obviously fuck it. But, trying to sell "part" of your team just isn't worth it, in my opinion.

Just selling one of my Vaniki chars, can't box them anyway and it's the only char on that account.

How much risk are we talking here?

I guess if I had never bought any SC, I'd be a lot better off, but you still have the email address link.

I was gonna sell for like a hundo, no big deal, not something I particularly need either but otherwise that acct is gonna collect dust.