EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1658890127204.png

Emperor Ssraezsha's sword, bay bay

Really impressed with BR on this latest Emp fight, things went super-poorly in the first 10% and there were a few times where I thought we wiped. Everyone pulled it together and we got a slow and steady win despite how dire it looked at the outset. Another really badass fight to add to LMM and RZTW in terms of being some of the best fights I've had in EQ.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have those people tried, like, not watching while he streams EQ?

Unless he is streaming OTHER games while raiding Vaniki, then I don't see why he wouldn't just pop up the stream for people to watch that want to.

"My stream doesn't like it" is such a dumb reason to stream nothing versus streaming Vaniki stuff.

Streamers are very particular about curating their image/genre

Vicus

N00b
Not one of the listed achievements but not to shabby before the level 60 increase. (Also killed a bunch of mini's in water and fire).

coirnav.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Capture.PNG

I know who Trip is, he finds the best trannies.

*edit* woops that was supposed to go in yelinak thread but oh well same thing really

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not one of the listed achievements but not to shabby before the level 60 increase. (Also killed a bunch of mini's in water and fire).

View attachment 424869

GG lads, well done. Say hi to Poubelle, fellow OGCer.

I hope we get around to doing some Ele bosses this week just for the challenge's sake, but we'll see. I'm guessing they're pretty bad-ass at 55.

I'm not playing as much this week, mostly just waiting for 60 at this point... gotta remember to cap my exp in 55 before Wednesday, one fewer level to do.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Next TLP cycle everyone's going to get real tired of hearing "we cleared this with 49 people at level 55 on Vaniki what the fuck guys" after every PoP wipe.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I learned something new today:

1659230922245.png

The proc on this is a lifetap, not a straight poison DD like the description implies.

It might be a poison-based lifetap, I don't know, but it's a lifetap. Lifetap procs are rare at this stage so that's pretty cool.

Anyone know exactly what mob type "extraplanar" is referring to? My first thought was elementals, PoP type enemies, but considering this is Luclin, maybe it's referring to VT mobs?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I learned something new today:

View attachment 425235
The proc on this is a lifetap, not a straight poison DD like the description implies.

It might be a poison-based lifetap, I don't know, but it's a lifetap. Lifetap procs are rare at this stage so that's pretty cool.

Anyone know exactly what mob type "extraplanar" is referring to? My first thought was elementals, PoP type enemies, but considering this is Luclin, maybe it's referring to VT mobs?
It's only mobs that DT. It's basically useless.

That lifetap is unresistable.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1659237792806.png

Weapon Affinity AA and DoTs are my friend in situations like this, behold what a 10 level minus does to melee DPS...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the class distribution for these raids? How many melee DPS are there vs caster DPS?

Like 23:7 or so caster:melee. We generally field one ranger, one rogue, one BST, a couple monks, a couple zerks. Then a zillion wizards/mages/necros.

This will probably change at 60 though, OOW moves the game into meleequest...under normal circumstances.

DickTrickle

I don't think the meta will change that much. Raid mobs are still going to be way above players. Casters will probably face more resistances, but probably not enough to turn it into the regular meleequest path.

It's still so dumb that the server has to deal with the recommended level bullshit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the meta will change that much. Raid mobs are still going to be way above players. Casters will probably face more resistances, but probably not enough to turn it into the regular meleequest path.

It's still so dumb that the server has to deal with the recommended level bullshit.

Personally what I think is dumb is that AAs are all still the same level as before, so with every new expansion you get a bunch of new AA that you can't actually buy because your level is too low. And everything that you can buy is autogranted post-55, so you don't really gain anything from exp-ing, which most people like but I don't because I know it'll feed into attrition at 60 and beyond.

Buying AAs is one of the more fun aspects of EQ. Not necessarily grinding for them. Just getting them while doing all the other things there are to do, and spending them, is fun. After 55 that's not gonna be a thing anymore and that kinda sucks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On the reverse the server's boxing rules relax on Wed allowing anyone to run three instances of EQ on a single computer. Combined with AAs mostly being autogranted with levels anyone can get a modest crew up and running without the need to grind the same couple of hundred AAs yet one more time. This use of autogranting also makes it super easy to get alts up to speed. Both of those things might allow autogranting to help more than it hurts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Personally what I think is dumb is that AAs are all still the same level as before, so with every new expansion you get a bunch of new AA that you can't actually buy because your level is too low. And everything that you can buy is autogranted post-55, so you don't really gain anything from exp-ing, which most people like but I don't because I know it'll feed into attrition at 60 and beyond.

Buying AAs is one of the more fun aspects of EQ. Not necessarily grinding for them. Just getting them while doing all the other things there are to do, and spending them, is fun. After 55 that's not gonna be a thing anymore and that kinda sucks.
You will be glyphing all the time for some of these encounters later on. You should think of it that way and be grateful you don't have to also grind for your needed AA.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
SK LFG for 55-60. I usually form a group, but I haven't had time lately, so looking for something to jump in on.

Edit: NM I formed a group.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1659465520318.png

1659465882578.png

Turned spell effects on, and I gotta say I LOVE that Serpent's Bite has the old lifetap animation. Almost, almost tempted to de-level to 5, since the proc works at any level, just to see the low level and mid level versions of the spell and get some nostalgia going. The very first spell I ever saw in EQ was Lifetap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users