EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I main a cleric on Aradune. Ranger is my 2 box. Granted he's probably more geared closer to your avg raid main on server with 2.5, Mayong hammer. Mix of cultural last blood and tss armor.

I've never had an issue tanking/duong group content with him since. GoD. Even just cleric + ranger I can do FC/AG named camps including 3 at a time without using slow or shield. If anything it feels like his tanking ability on group content has slightly Increased last few xpacs

OTOH, another cleric in TEB is counterpoint since he had a 2nd main rog that usually out dps my ranger by a bit on raids. But gave it up for pally recently because he found it too difficult to do shit outside raids.

Now, I still wouldn't recommend a ranger 2nd main as they require a surprising amount of work to get your best dps in dodh-tss at least. Then still don't do that much dmg. But if you want class that can change contribute on raids some, especially if he's gonna be only ranger in split as mine often is. Plus tank group content it's very viable with a main cleric

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
<Bind Rush> is recruiting to fill out the raid force! Have had lots of server firsts (including a bunch of server first epic 1.5s), and we beat every server raid achievement that actually works. Loot is plentiful, and even alts are getting gear. We're now mostly asshole-free because they all quit at different points over weapons that would be obsolete a week later. Also, we now have a "normal person" raid schedule instead of an "adderall burnout" raid schedule.

We're actively recruiting: Zerkers, Rangers, BSTs, Monks, Rogues, Clerics, Druids, Shamans, Enchanters, Mages, Wizards, and Necros. Also looking for a couple War/SK/Pal that actually know their class.

We're not looking for: Bards, especially the ones that gaily prance to and fro.

Send a tell to Failbunny in game (even bards) for more info. Mention me so I get my commission which is paid in unenthusiastic handjobs from Elaida's secretary Reshala.

Edit: Raid times are Sun/Mon/Weds/Thurs, 8PM EST.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
<Bind Rush> is recruiting to fill out the raid force! Have had lots of server firsts (including a bunch of server first epic 1.5s), and we beat every server raid achievement that actually works. Loot is plentiful, and even alts are getting gear. We're now mostly asshole-free because they all quit at different points over weapons that would be obsolete a week later. Also, we now have a "normal person" raid schedule instead of an "adderall burnout" raid schedule.

We're actively recruiting: Zerkers, Rangers, BSTs, Monks, Rogues, Clerics, Druids, Shamans, Enchanters, Mages, Wizards, and Necros. Also looking for a couple War/SK/Pal that actually know their class.

We're not looking for: Bards, especially the ones that gaily prance to and fro.

Send a tell to Failbunny in game (even bards) for more info. Mention me so I get my commission which is paid in unenthusiastic handjobs from Elaida's secretary Reshala.

Edit: Raid times are Sun/Mon/Weds/Thurs, 8PM EST.
Who is leading that guild now?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Heh, vicious already bailed?

You'll have to ask him because I don't know. I think he was picked up in the banwave (a bunch of BR were AFAIK) and just decided not to come back. Maybe he'll turn up on here and offer an explanation because I know he reads this.

Thraka is leading now and we're doing fine, farming epic fights and 270 HEM loot mobs. Lot less drama too.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
He quit a few days before the ban wave as a bunch of us did to roll up toons for WotLK. With no real achievable achievements for the next few months no real reason to play on the server.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With no real achievable achievements for the next few months no real reason to play on the server.
This is my only issue now too. Other than working on epics, there doesnt seem to be any achievement raids for awhile. Which was the only purpose to the server.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're not willing to spend as much effort pushing available content as you were farming commanders than you're going to get zero pulls on achievement target attempts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If you're not willing to spend as much effort pushing available content as you were farming commanders than you're going to get zero pulls on achievement target attempts.
The achieve targets for the next like 6 months aren’t achievable. Lethar/maldrath no chance. Even ngreth said something like unless the players find a bug they aren’t beating it…Riftseekers probably but meh

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Even though you're taking a potshot, you're right, and the Great Commander Debacle is still fresh in people's minds. I don't think content-pushing is an issue, the issues are maintaining strong numbers. This server seems very much like a server where people went hard early and then burned out. In large part due to Ssra and those commanders.

This is my only issue now too. Other than working on epics, there doesnt seem to be any achievement raids for awhile. Which was the only purpose to the server.

There really need to be some changes. I did a post on EQ live suggesting achievement changes and got hit with a lot of "so basically you want the server to be easy" from people who probably don't even play on this server. After that kind of response I doubt any dev is gonna read my post and take it to heart. Either way I suggested a bunch of achievement changes to things that would be difficult but still beatable (or beatable by more than like, 3 guilds).

I think we'll be surprised by how beatable some of the achievements are. However there are others that are just flat-out not going to work out unless changes are made. Vishimtar raid isn't even pullable at 60, for starters. At least that one is getting fixed.

So basically even though I think they'll be, at least some of them, more beatable than we think, I still think the achievements are largely terrible choices that'll exclude most of the guilds on the server.

I like doing epic 1.5s, and I especially like that they're so important on this server as a legit major upgrade. On most servers they're just a speed-bump pre-req for the 2.0s and not even upgrades for most people. So it's really cool doing these quests and having them mean something. However pretty soon we'll have everyone's 1.5 done and then what? Start doing 2.0s? I guess we've still got the challenge of progression to deal with, but I don't think the server has much of a "hook" at the moment.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There really need to be some changes. I did a post on EQ live suggesting achievement changes and got hit with a lot of "so basically you want the server to be easy" from people who probably don't even play on this server. After that kind of response I doubt any dev is gonna read my post and take it to heart. Either way I suggested a bunch of achievement changes to things that would be difficult but still beatable (or beatable by more than like, 3 guilds).
Yeah after nobody got Cragbeast Queen south of 90% with no response from devs it looks like the poorly thought out achievements are here to stay. We can hope! I just bumped this thread with a hot-take.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
"I'm pretty sure if it wasn't doable they wouldn't have that as one of the achievements that they spent days and weeks and months on the drawing board deciding which bosses to down for the achievements."

It's hilarious that some people actually thought they are putting this kind of time into Vaniki achievements.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
"I'm pretty sure if it wasn't doable they wouldn't have that as one of the achievements that they spent days and weeks and months on the drawing board deciding which bosses to down for the achievements."

It's hilarious that some people actually thought they are putting this kind of time into Vaniki achievements.

People on that board tend to be full of bad takes.

"Rajaah just wants the server to be easy!"

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When the server launched there was a lot of excitement in seeing what exactly could be killed with people cheering on the deaths of such illustrious level 40 targets such as a glyph covered serpent or The Itraer Vius. Can't kill it in a stand-up fight? Can you bind rush it? Bind rush it. Major keying and gearing operations were undertaken in preparation of challenges weeks away from unlocking.

All that energy? We spent it. I'm hoping Rusty Willsapper still has the mojo left to fill out a 54 man and stuff it to the brim with all the 270+ hp/mana gear available so we can actually see if any of the challenges are doable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
When the server launched there was a lot of excitement in seeing what exactly could be killed with people cheering on the deaths of such illustrious level 40 targets such as a glyph covered serpent or The Itraer Vius. Can't kill it in a stand-up fight? Can you bind rush it? Bind rush it. Major keying and gearing operations were undertaken in preparation of challenges weeks away from unlocking.

All that energy? We spent it. I'm hoping Rusty Willsapper still has the mojo left to fill out a 54 man and stuff it to the brim with all the 270+ hp/mana gear available so we can actually see if any of the challenges are doable.

Yeah, I also think the energy is spent for most of the heavy-hitters. I still have some left to go, but in general Bind Rush seems to very close to retirement mode at the moment. I'm interested to see which guilds step up and tackle the achievements going forward.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah after nobody got Cragbeast Queen south of 90% with no response from devs it looks like the poorly thought out achievements are here to stay. We can hope! I just bumped this thread with a hot-take.

I threw in my two cents, for what it's worth. I think that guy writing essays about GoD and "testers" might need to wear a helmet when he goes outside.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Very weird to hear any bind rush leadership not liking the vaniki achievements since they were almost all of the input and reason why the achievements are what they are. There were like 3 officers/leadership who basically told the devs what targets to use.