EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm a true gamer. I came here to eat the food.
Happy Black Girl GIF

Archy

Golden Knight of the Realm
<Local Pub> just came about from the collapse of Victorem V. We raid Tues/Thurs/Sun at 7pm PST to 10pm PST. We would love to have some more solid raiders!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think I'm done with EQ TLP life for a bit, finding a group is like pulling teeth, and when you finally do, the quality of players you encounter is among some of the worst I remember.

Highlight is the bard that refused to pull because they "didn't know the zone" then constantly went AFK to do stuff for his "pregnant wife". Many such similar cases.

Everyone on Yelinak wants to sit around semi AFK doing fuck all while others do the work of carrying them, mostly the Tank, Puller, Enchanter and to a lesser extent the healer, Apparently being a DPS means you just tag along for a free ride, do DPS occasionally, AFK a lot.

Might check out next round of TLPs

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is funny. I cant play a bard without pulling. It's boring as fuck sitting in the camp with melody going and doing your dick all dps with 1 weapon and no double attack.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Highlight is the bard that refused to pull because they "didn't know the zone" then constantly went AFK to do stuff for his "pregnant wife". Many such similar cases.

Everyone on Yelinak wants to sit around semi AFK doing fuck all while others do the work of carrying them, mostly the Tank, Puller, Enchanter and to a lesser extent the healer, Apparently being a DPS means you just tag along for a free ride, do DPS occasionally, AFK a lot.

TLPs in general just have a lot of that - passive play from people barely paying attention.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
<Local Pub> just came about from the collapse of Victorem V. We raid Tues/Thurs/Sun at 7pm PST to 10pm PST. We would love to have some more solid raiders!

My question is, why would you make yet another pst guild instead of joining the plethora of others? You bring no value to the server besides further segregating the already anemic population of yelinak.

SYU literally has the same raid days and times.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think I'm done with EQ TLP life for a bit, finding a group is like pulling teeth, and when you finally do, the quality of players you encounter is among some of the worst I remember.

This isn't unique at all to Yelinak - this was my exact experience on Mischief. It was the impetus for me to shelve my enchanter and get into the box game.

There are only so many times you can notice the mage, necro, etc. isn't casting, isn't sending his pet, and didn't say fuck about being afk before you realize you're basically just power leveling people for free.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This isn't unique at all to Yelinak - this was my exact experience on Mischief. It was the impetus for me to shelve my enchanter and get into the box game.

There are only so many times you can notice the mage, necro, etc. isn't casting, isn't sending his pet, and didn't say fuck about being afk before you realize you're basically just power leveling people for free.
but True Box fucking sucks, and it's annoying as hell having all those laptops around! Gets hot too!

Archy

My question is, why would you make yet another pst guild instead of joining the plethora of others? You bring no value to the server besides further segregating the already anemic population of yelinak.

SYU literally has the same raid days and times.

To easily sum it up, different mentality. A bulk of us actually came from SYU. SYU was also fielding 74(72?)man raids with people on the bench when we departed, there wasn't room for all!

I don't think there is a plethora of PST raiding guilds on Yelinak. We'll see how things unfold.

Last edited:

Crone

To easily sum it up, different mentality. A bulk of us actually came from SYU. SYU was also fielding 74(72?)man raids when we departed with people on the bench, there wasn't room for all!
not room? Wtf weren't they splitting? Or was it taking 72 for them to actually kill shit?

Archy

not room? Wtf weren't they splitting? Or was it taking 72 for them to actually kill shit?
Nope, were not splitting at the time (I am not sure now), and that is one reason why we departed.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right now PST on Yeli, we have

Stop Yelinak Us
Local Pub
Pillage and Plunder
Masamune
Lost in Progress
(Qeynos yacht Club? Not sure but think PST also as they were part of V V)

And I think 1-2 more. There are roughly as many PST guilds as EST guilds

Yelinak actually has too many guilds on it to do anything productive except 60 man AOC's. And each guild has 5-10ish really good players that refuse to move. Victorm V was the first casuality of this and Warm Bodies now seems to be losing a bunch here and there. The rest of Kunark should see hopefully 2-3 more guilds implode to fill out the numbers of bigger, more able guilds.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What’s the distinction between Qeynos Yacht Club and Local Pub?

• 1Worf

Crone

WorryPlaysGames WorryPlaysGames What's up with WR's shitty batphone bot? I'd think you're missing targets and at least numbers from it not working so great?

And if you make 100% of all DZ raids, you are not able to meet 30% RA requirement? but batphones are not required? But they kind of are, because you can't meet the attendance requirement if you just do DZ's?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what you mean about our bot? We get the targets we want from it. It wasn’t built to track everything and we are ok with that.

The AoC only thing was a relic of the past. Now you have to do OW targets to get to 30%, but as people are finding out, we are getting so much loot now raid boxes and recruits are already getting geared for minimal DKP. We do have some people who just do aoc and weekend OW and still hit 30% though.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
What’s the distinction between Qeynos Yacht Club and Local Pub?
Yacht club wanted to do OW stuff and seems like more “hardcore” from what we hear. But they don’t have the numbers for things to do OW targets, so right now no idea, as both are only doing AoC.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

That's how I felt every time I subbed to WoW for a little while. Most of the PUGs I did there were COMICALLY bad. People running off cliffs and shit.

My favorite was how like half the times when a PUG would wipe, everyone would start running back in one by one instead of waiting for the others to get there, then die off one by one when they inevitably ran into mobs.

Only time things went "well" were when we had a raid-geared player in the group who'd just run ahead and steamroll everything while everyone else just ran along with them.

This all got way worse once they made cross server LFG because nobody even speaks.

At least early on in the game people had to actually form up manually and run to the dungeon, which was annoying after a while, but it was less of an "easy come easy go" situation than the later "warp you to zone" LFG.

EQ was usually better, but I haven't really done any casual TLPs. I can say Vaniki has fairly decent PUG quality.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

What about playing EverQuest in 2022 makes you feel like you might expect to run into top caliber people on the regular?