EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What about playing EverQuest in 2022 makes you feel like you might expect to run into top caliber people on the regular?
It's this mentality that actually contributes more to the situation than it being an old game, nobody seems to give a fuck, not that you need a gaming god to hit auto attack with a mob selected.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Everyone on Yelinak wants to sit around semi AFK doing fuck all while others do the work of carrying them, mostly the Tank, Puller, Enchanter and to a lesser extent the healer, Apparently being a DPS means you just tag along for a free ride, do DPS occasionally, AFK a lot.
The gall/entitlement of some players is pretty jaw-dropping. On Mischief I had a particularly hilarious confrontation at Chardok kennels where a dude joined on his shaman, did absolutely nothing, and then said, "sorry I'm pulling for an OW fear raid on my monk." And then just expected us to let his dipshit ass leech exp.

Then these douchebags take it as a personal affront when you boot their ass.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of if you're not the leader and point out their lack of contribution and suggest that they be replaced, you're "causing drama".

That's when I stop pulling and become a melody bot. Usually works. Though I do give leeway to certain classes to afk when needed(healer, chanter, tank). If its a dps? Yeah sorry easy enough to replace. Goodbye.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Of if you're not the leader and point out their lack of contribution and suggest that they be replaced, you're "causing drama".

My #1 gripe in eq probably. I hate people that are too much of a pussy to even speak up or stand up for themselves and end up whining later because they just get walked all over everywhere in their life. That seems to be 90+% of eqers. Just don't say anything, drama averted!

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I actually had a static for kunark and the shaman didn't do fuck all. Got to about 55 and said fuck this.

No buffs, every trash mob had Malo but never had Mana for it on my charm pet.

Never sat down just popped conc pots and used canni every 30 seconds. God awful.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
1) Stay ahead of the leveling curve. You'll be in with much higher quality players most of the time. Being behind on the curve has the opposite effect.

2) Remember who the good players were in your group, add them to friends list and use that for forming pugs of your own.

• 1Like

rangen

Bronze Squire
My question is, why would you make yet another pst guild instead of joining the plethora of others? You bring no value to the server besides further segregating the already anemic population of yelinak.

SYU literally has the same raid days and times.
The attrition... the doom... the dead server.... it's coming for you.

Mua Mua Muahahaahhahahaha.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TLP's getting Aggro meter, and the extended target window extended to 20!!

HUUUGGGEE

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And people will still pull aggro because dumb or masturbating to the parse.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ban wave just went out again.

Just saw a TON of accounts get 7 days.

Edit - it's still going. People just getting kicked and 14 day'd

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, we're down a bunch of people in Bind Rush to suspensions, been slightly number-deficient. It's pretty obnox.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
de22d2d4-8d91-4089-8b0d-265f0f194ab6.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just in time to play wotlk.

Poor timing on daybreak's part, a lot of people were suffering burn out the past week, I doubt those who were getting bored and suspended will be coming back.

Poe league next week, wotlk prepatch in 2 weeks.

Really bad timing.

7-14 days just to come back and do vp?

Not to mention the train wreck it'll be for smaller guilds to keep plugging along possibly not even raiding.

Sad.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just in time to play wotlk.

Poor timing on daybreak's part, a lot of people were suffering burn out the past week, I doubt those who were getting bored and suspended will be coming back.

Poe league next week, wotlk prepatch in 2 weeks.

Really bad timing.

7-14 days just to come back and do vp?

Not to mention the train wreck it'll be for smaller guilds to keep plugging along possibly not even raiding.

Sad.
Lol ya ESO just pissed off their entire fan base too with this new patch 35 which is nerfing everything. Terrible timing because everyone and their mother are like “I guess I’ll check out WOTLK or final fantasy”

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are people getting hit for this time?

Nobody really knows or at least aren't admitting to doing anything. Everyone is innocent, even if admitting to doing multiple ban-worthy things; truebox dodging, show eq, RMT etc but they certainly aren't cheating or using 3rd party software because a ton of people using the same truebox dodging, show eq and other 3rd party software didn't get touched.

Like most MMO studios, you can't just ban your entire playerbase that has rampant widespread use of 3rd party illegal software running 24/7, you have to add em all to a list and do a % ban wave every few months.

Daybreak and Holly really caused these problems in the first place by being so nonchalant about everything besides Macroquest for years if not decades at this point.

It's no surprise that people aren't taking them seriously and I wager quite a few people would rather not play at all if they couldn't multibox and use showeq.