EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Lol, I still can't understand the outrage. It should be obvious when you are using programs that are cheating vs. programs that are not.
Yeah, that's the discussion. Nobody is questioning MySEQ, showeq, MQ, etc. People just want clarification on 'grey area' tools that are not cheating but are still third party programs.

You truebox on two machines, is it allowed to run Synergy/Multiplicity to mouse over to the other machine and share a single keyboard and mouse? What about if you use remote desktop software to drive the second machine? In both cases you are only ever controlling a single account at a time.

When they throw open the net and say 'any third party software that modifies the game experience" then their policy clearly covers third party software like Discord and overlay parsers. Since nobody thinks "oh those are cheating" then nobody can suss out what is actually allowed from their vague rules. Shit, by their definition having a script that deletes the newspell files and starts eq with patchme is technically a 'script that is modifying the game or gameplay experience' and is not allowed.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played EQ off and on for 23 years. Never had an account suspended/banned.

You cheaters and your accounts should be tossed in a volcano.

You monopolize camps, you ruin the server economies, you magically know when mobs pop and run bee-line from across the zone at a mob we are camping and spawned, you always "win the race" to mobs, and most of you are just fucking scum that train/kill steal. You have no morals in game and probably have none in life. EQ is a game, not a job, you unemployable degenerates. You are ruining it for all of us. You dindu nuffins did this to yourselves. Get fucked.

M19BTS4wLnBuZw

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lmao. No more voice on raids boys.

View attachment 428426

This is too open. When you say any, people will be wary of things like GINA or dps parse. VOIP software like discord or such is funny to throw out there, but can we really consider it to "modify" game experience? If you look at it sideways maybe. There is a huge difference between not having it and having it.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Lol, I still can't understand the outrage. It should be obvious when you are using programs that are cheating vs. programs that are not.
Their statement of "Any sort of 3rd party programs, scripts or anything that would modify the game or the game experience" is the reason for the outrage because there are a number of 3rd party software that modify the game experience including:
  • Discord, Ventrilo, or any other voice chat software that ALL guilds require you to use for raiding
  • Gina that is required by almost all guilds for raiding
  • EQ Log Parser and Gamparse that are extremely helpful for "Getting Good"
  • Windows Operating system ... hello... it's 3rd party and 100% necessary to play the fucking game
  • Video drivers for your graphics card definitely "modify the game experience"
  • etc... literally everything on your fucking computer is a 3rd party software EXCEPT the EverQuest game itself
The blanket statement IS the fucking problem, and it's 100% arrogance on the part of Darkpaw Games to make that statement.

In and of itself, it isn't a massive ordeal because people with half a brain cell would be like "they wont really suspend or ban my account for using shit like Discord, Gina, or Log parsing.," but many of us who have been here for the past two decades have been harassed at least once if not many times by employees at DBG/DPG that have less than above board intentions. They have set a precedent in the past of using broad-stroke rules to harass customers. That's the REAL issue with these rules.

I for one was suspended once JUST FOR FUCKING STANDING NEXT TO A GROUP OF FRIENDS THAT WERE AoE killing. I wasn't in the group. I wasn't pulling for the group. I wasn't stunning for the group. I wasn't healing for the group. I was literally just standing there because I saw them in the zone, and I went over to chat. We were all in Discord chatting to each other when all of a sudden someone said, "I just got kicked to desktop." Then another, and another, etc... including me!!! FIVE PEOPLE ACTIVELY PLAYING their characters in an AoE group and ME just standing there by them, all got suspended for afk game play. First and foremost, NO ONE WAS AFK!!!!! NO ONE!!!! Secondly, I wasn't even in their fucking group! I got suspended for association!!!! Everybody checked their logs, and there was ZERO says or tells from anybody asking if they were at their keyboard, yet the GM that did it said they had talked to us and nobody responded. The suspension was investigated the next day when we all sent in complaints, and the suspensions were lifted immediately BECAUSE WE DID NOTHING FUCKING WRONG!!!

What's the real reason we all got suspended? Glad you fucking asked. It was because that GM's friend was pissed off that the group was AoE killing, so he called his buddy to come kick us out of the game.

THAT... is why blanket rules that can be abused by rogue employees is NOT acceptable. It has jack shit to do with the actual cheaters getting away with cheating. We HATE cheaters, but we HATE rogue employees using broad-stroke rules to fuck over anybody they want at any time. If you can't get that, then there is NO fucking help for you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's the real reason we all got suspended? Glad you fucking asked. It was because that GM's friend was pissed off that the group was AoE killing, so he called his buddy to come kick us out of the game.

THAT... is why blanket rules that can be abused by rogue employees is NOT acceptable. It has jack shit to do with the actual cheaters getting away with cheating. We HATE cheaters, but we HATE rogue employees using broad-stroke rules to fuck over anybody they want at any time. If you can't get that, then there is NO fucking help for you.
In case anyone wonders why the DPG staff delete so many threads of people discussing GM action against them, this is why.

They have a public policy that can cover virtually anything a player does, and a private policy of letting GMs do whatever they want with zero accountability or recourse. And discussing it on the forums will get you banned from them.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's the discussion. Nobody is questioning MySEQ, showeq, MQ, etc. People just want clarification on 'grey area' tools that are not cheating but are still third party programs.

You truebox on two machines, is it allowed to run Synergy/Multiplicity to mouse over to the other machine and share a single keyboard and mouse? What about if you use remote desktop software to drive the second machine? In both cases you are only ever controlling a single account at a time.

When they throw open the net and say 'any third party software that modifies the game experience" then their policy clearly covers third party software like Discord and overlay parsers. Since nobody thinks "oh those are cheating" then nobody can suss out what is actually allowed from their vague rules. Shit, by their definition having a script that deletes the newspell files and starts eq with patchme is technically a 'script that is modifying the game or gameplay experience' and is not allowed.
I get that they have shitty detection for SEQ and MQ so bans are inconsistent - but I also understand perfectly well that they are not ok programs to use and risk of ban is high. The players are just at much as fault because they lie about what they get banned over.

To your second point, people here on this forum firmly believe that you are "bypassing truebox" when you use shit like that. I'm of your opinion that it is two different machines and not bypassing truebox... That being said though, I think the judgment call is that you COULD be banned for it but probably won't. Up to you if you want to accept the risk. I'd also say the risk goes up if you box a large amount or get a large amount of reports.

As for log parsers and overlays, I'd say the risk is near zero that using only those programs gets you a ban. Now, if you have some modified log parser that triggers a keypress, then yeah they could ban you for that and that should pretty obviously be considered cheating.

The culture of "they did it too, why am I the one that get's in trouble!" in this game is and always has been astounding to me.

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've got a RL friend that plays on this server under the Rusty Raper tag or something. He's bugging me to play. Is it too late, are the numbers on the server too low, to have any real raid fun if I start up now?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To your second point, people here on this forum firmly believe that you are "bypassing truebox" when you use shit like that. I'm of your opinion that it is two different machines and not bypassing truebox... That being said though, I think the judgment call is that you COULD be banned for it but probably won't. Up to you if you want to accept the risk. I'd also say the risk goes up if you box a large amount or get a large amount of reports.
I tested out Multiplicity before Aradune. It bypasses truebox. The point of truebox wasn't to get me to buy a $200 laptop off Ebay, it was to reduce my multi-boxing efficacy, which it totally does.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Played EQ off and on for 23 years. Never had an account suspended/banned.

You cheaters and your accounts should be tossed in a volcano.

You monopolize camps, you ruin the server economies, you magically know when mobs pop and run bee-line from across the zone at a mob we are camping and spawned, you always "win the race" to mobs, and most of you are just fucking scum that train/kill steal. You have no morals in game and probably have none in life. EQ is a game, not a job, you unemployable degenerates. You are ruining it for all of us. You dindu nuffins did this to yourselves. Get fucked.

M19BTS4wLnBuZw
I’ve never been banned or suspended. I don’t use any 3rd party software at all. That doesn’t make their lack of a coherent policy any less stupid.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I tested out Multiplicity before Aradune. It bypasses truebox. The point of truebox wasn't to get me to buy a $200 laptop off Ebay, it was to reduce my multi-boxing efficacy, which it totally does.
Then you can get banned for it. See wasn't that easy to just apply some judgment?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
LOL at you hacking faggots that use banned software trying to spin this as "OMGZ THEY WONT LET US USE DISCORD OR VOIP".

No, thats a full retard take. You are hacking a 22 yer old game for autism points. They arent going after people for using chat. That doesnt manipulate the game play. Your hacks do. whats next you going to try to spin it as "OMG WE CANT WATCH HULU AT THE SAME TIME CAUSE SOMEHOW TI CHANGES MY EXPERIENCE, AND THEY BAN 2 MONITORS"

Take your faggot bans and die in a ditch and shut the fuck up

also DBG staff are mongoloids

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I see a lot of DPG simping in this thread. I've never had any of my own accounts banned/suspended for cheating, and I have actually cheated (allegedly) in the past. The idea that it's cool to have complete shitbag communication because a bunch of neckbeard mouthbreathers "know what they mean" (even though you then go on to opine a bunch of opinions on software like Multiplicity etc that show you are not actually clear on what they mean) is full on fucking stupid.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
LOL at you hacking faggots that use banned software trying to spin this as "OMGZ THEY WONT LET US USE DISCORD OR VOIP".

Have you ever used Discord to call in's-and-out's on a raid target? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

Have you ever seen a guild use GamParse as a feedback mechanism to determine who isn't optimizing their DPS on raids? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

Have you ever used a GINA overlay to tell you when a DoT has ended so you know when to re-cast? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

This shit is fucking ridiculous.

P.S. Never cheated, fuck you very much. I don't box so no worries there. Never used ShowEQ, MySEQ, MQ, MQN, nothing. (No wonder I'm so terrible at this game.) I don't expect to ever be banned for using illegal software. And yet I still consider this to all be overreaching bullshit on DBG's part.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I see a lot of DPG simping in this thread. I've never had any of my own accounts banned/suspended for cheating, and I have actually cheated (allegedly) in the past. The idea that it's cool to have complete shitbag communication because a bunch of neckbeard mouthbreathers "know what they mean" (even though you then go on to opine a bunch of opinions on software like Multiplicity etc that show you are not actually clear on what they mean) is full on fucking stupid.
Lol. You can only infer your own meaning to everything can't you? I definitely see why you have trouble...

And by the way, I have not made a single comment to the effect that it's a "good" policy. I just think the outrage is a touch hypocritrical and it makes me chuckle ever so slightly.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Ooh, forgot one - just for those OW raid guilds:

Have you ever used Mumble to batphone your guild to alert them that an OW target has popped? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

That one is going to go over well! LOL

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
While I doubt they'd ever do anything to GINA users, I think it's arguably a bigger gameplayer enhancer than something like SEQ. I really think there's a number of people who raid who would fuck up a lot more without it.

It is super dumb that they can't be a bit more explicit about banned features.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
All the Michael Jordan's of EQ when the no 3rd party policy hits:

Redhead Karen GIF by moodman

• 1Moron
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Have you ever used Discord to call in's-and-out's on a raid target? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

Have you ever seen a guild use GamParse as a feedback mechanism to determine who isn't optimizing their DPS on raids? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

Have you ever used a GINA overlay to tell you when a DoT has ended so you know when to re-cast? Guess what? You just used 3rd party software to affect gameplay. BANNED

This shit is fucking ridiculous.

P.S. Never cheated, fuck you very much. I don't box so no worries there. Never used ShowEQ, MySEQ, MQ, MQN, nothing. (No wonder I'm so terrible at this game.) I don't expect to ever be banned for using illegal software. And yet I still consider this to all be overreaching bullshit on DBG's part.

This is pure faggotry bending this to make your whiny point.

Have I used Discord. Yes. There has never been anyone banned for Discord, Trello, Skype, anything back to 1999. Ever raid in a room and talk to someone without chat. Thats cheating by your fake ideas. Its not . Its a communication tool that doesnt change ANY function or feature of the game. It doesnt ADD any information you wouldnt be able to type out. its chat.

Use GamParse? No, Im not a min max faggot who spergs on people for not being max DPS. Again, this adds information and data that is meant to be unavailable to the user, thus exploiting the game.

GINA Overlay? No. Again, adding functionality to the game the dev didnt provide. Thats not the same as a voice chat. and acting like it is is retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users