EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He was actually really easy to kill. Just bring in an AoE mob from the hallway.

I shouldn't have made it sound as though it were difficult. What I mean to say is that it was something that had to be done purposefully with no room to pretend you weren't intentionally training someone's tracker by going through the steps to drag something way over there and then break FD and then have the drake then kill the character. You also had to get all the way there. Given how often that tracker was dying versus how many times people were just in that part of the zone for normal game play there was some real parkour shit going on from people.

Then of course there's the people just warping around.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Myseq is truly cheating. Stop with the nonsense.
yea i agree, wasn't saying that.

i was saying the people who need myseq like a crack addiction can easily setup showeq. so in the end its not stopping the raid leaders/pullers nor the people who use it to monopolize zones with armies. basically its only stopping the casuals who use it in group settings

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think this is over dramatizing. Yeah MySEQ is cheating but also people often forget to reply to camp checks and it is handy to have a way to say, "ass/sup is camped" despite not getting a response to your CC. When for 5+ years there was no risk or downside to having a tool like that, and it could save you a few minutes, it is no wonder it became so widespread.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The widespread prevalent use of it and the previously nonexistent enforcement against it led to the situation. On combine tlp it was assumed that almost nobody was using it. By fippy, you figure most groups have at least one person if not more with it. By phinny and its clones, you're a bit of a drag for NOT using it. If people stopped using it lest they face bans, you could theoretically get back to a rarity of it - and people would probably actually have to answer camp checks and shit. Or go the opposite with the secrets approach and just integrate it so there's no feeling left out.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Now that my wizard is 60 and has his epic, I am remember just how little there is to do at this point in the game lol. As a result, I've been playing a lot of alts most of the time. I literally just login to my wizard for raids at this point.

That being said, I created a guild for my alts. If anyone has alts and just wants to hang out with others to level with, I started Altaholics of Norrath. Just started the other day, so insanely small at this point. No rules or anything other than don't annoy me with stupid shit. We've been doing some power leveling and such in the guild for our alts. All members can invite. One thing I thought would be fun is that I setup the guild ranks to be based on levels (20, 30, 40, 50, 60). So, you go up in rank as your alt levels. You don't get shit for going up in ranks, but it gives you something to compare epeens with the other members over lol.

Hit up Risiko, Lorek, or anybody in the guild for an invite.

Also, if anyone needs a wizard for helping with anything, hit me up on Pharone.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think this is over dramatizing. Yeah MySEQ is cheating but also people often forget to reply to camp checks and it is handy to have a way to say, "ass/sup is camped" despite not getting a response to your CC. When for 5+ years there was no risk or downside to having a tool like that, and it could save you a few minutes, it is no wonder it became so widespread.
No such thing as 'camp' on TLP. Everything is a race.You must be thinking of another game.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The amount of camp checks still going on in xp zones on TLPs suggests it's not as wide spread as some would think.

Always have to resist the urge to answer with "Just get SEQ already you fucking plebs!"

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other than Efreeti during the beginning of a new classic server, I havent had anyone come contest me for an exp camp. Picks got rid of a lot of the shitbag mentality.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Other than Efreeti during the beginning of a new classic server, I havent had anyone come contest me for an exp camp. Picks got rid of a lot of the shitbag mentality.

The last time I saw a person jump a claim was at server launch and the person who did it was me.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Modern MQ movement needs to be put in for /follow. Daybreak should reach out to brainiac like they did Lax, and implement MQNav for /follow.

I really don't know why they don't pull more from the MQ scene.

They pulled so much already with /melody and /memspellslot as well as other commands.

---

Honest to god I get the discussion about MQ and SEQ being hacks, and I agree. At this point though we are past a point in time where this will be a boon for EQ if they are acted on. How many live, paying accounts are out there that actively deal in SEQ and MQ because, lets be real, EQ is NOT pulling an ad campaign to get new players.

Some things I would like to see brought into EQ.

WoW style addons (Interface and scripting) in LUA.

Server side SEQ for all players with a filter set on the map.

MQ is already pushing the LUA stuff and Emulators already do the SEQ stuff, both should be very easy to accomplish and would do more for the game than trying to ban people that use SEQ and MQ who are technically customers in a dwindling game.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
WoW style addons (Interface and scripting) in LUA.

Server side SEQ for all players with a filter set on the map.

MQ is already pushing the LUA stuff and Emulators already do the SEQ stuff, both should be very easy to accomplish and would do more for the game than trying to ban people that use SEQ and MQ who are technically customers in a dwindling game.

There's a rumored interface revamp next year. I Imagine Lua would be on the cards for that; they'd be stupid not to when it's industry standard for custom MMO UI authors.

Server-side SEQ is a matter of piping down information that tells you what NPCs can be displayed on the ingame map. It'd be even easier for Daybreak than it was me given they have the entire source code to the game and can quickly iterate in comparison.

Emulators are going to be able to do custom Lua interface stuff soon anyways on a client that's almost a decade old (2013) thanks to MQNext integration, which I have proven before that MQ's codebase can be used to do some wild shit like sending arbitrary merchant lists, forcing the client to bank at non-banking NPCs, piping accurate stats from the server to the client, playing your alts as mercenaries, and adjusting jump height as a stat.

MQ's integration was also my best defense yet against MQ on emu... because I could use core components of MQ to ensure only the features I wanted from MQ were being used. It'd take some engineering work that people didn't really find the time worth putting in, and because the server was dependent on my dll for a featureset, they really didn't have an option of if they'd use it or not.

That's different now as I completely open sourced my work, but it was a great defense at the time and a great learning experience of EQ players' behaviors.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I hear we have bonus experience for the weekend. I got a lot of alts to level lol.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I have to admit I am getting pretty bored, but that happens every time when we hit this point on a TLP.

I'm hoping that Velious opening next week will get me excited for the game again.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Velious opened yesterday. Resurgence zerged AoW OW with full guild 140+ and Without Regret spent 200+ KR on keys and woke the sleeper this morning.

NtoV/Vulak should die today to 200+ people.

rangen

Bronze Squire
Velious opened yesterday. Resurgence zerged AoW OW with full guild 140+ and Without Regret spent 200+ KR on keys and woke the sleeper this morning.

NtoV/Vulak should die today to 200+ people.
Grats! You got a steam or video of the fight down by chance? Not the warder fights but the clear down?

Also kind of curious, but why? Not knocking it, you do you and all that jazz. Your money, your life, you are a strong and powerful woman and can forge your own path. Live, Laugh, Love. Just straight up curious.

"The timer starts the moment the expansion opens and ends once Vulak'Aerr, Avatar of War, King Tormax, Tunare and Dain Frostreaver IV have been slain and all four warders have been slain.

Runs done while The Scars of Velious is not the current latest expansion on the server are not eligible for consideration."

You still have to do everything else before you can claim completion. Another guild could do the Warders today in a DZ and if they have done the other stuff... they get the server race win. Ultimately you spent 200+ kr to change the loot tables for like a day? In theory seven warder kill by mixing open world and dz?

Last edited: