EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
OFC, used it back on agnarr alot and think i booted up mqnext on aradune when that came out. All different accounts then the one that got suspended though, if they IP trace off of stuff from years ago...sure i guess.
The detection in question started around Aradune. I ended up changing my window title to "Jade47 - Onlyfans" and named the program Mcafee.exe or something along those lines. Never got tripped up because I fact checked, and wanted to make sure I covered my bases by not telling anyone. Glad I did, because now I can point to the exact reason people got suspended in comparison to me.

I think the use of MQ increased after it went open source. And this is a reaction to that increase. Getting banned can lead to either repeating the offense or, as they hope, stopping that person from cheating again.

The breaking of the MQ agreement and keeping MQ off of TLP servers is what prompted Jenn and crew to crack down on it. I believe that silent agreement was made between Daybreak & Redguides, MMOBugs and the MQ team. Believe they met eqmule & co in person to actually physically sign the agreement.

They said at the start of the agreement, if it was not honored, they'd get increasingly nasty with hidden detection methods that they didn't want to fight the developers of MQ on. It would have been mutually beneficial to allow MQ only on live servers and for MQ devs to leave TLP alone. Once Next was made public, I imagine they believe that the agreement wasn't honored anymore, and reacted accordingly.

For the record I still find it funny that MySEQ is what did people in and not MQNext. I'm fairly certain they have limited capacity to detect MQNext still given that it hides from existing detection methods. It's just behavior analysis that ends up getting MQNext folks in trouble, or they run MySEQ alongside MQNext and that leads to them getting flagged.

This is a conversation ingame from EQ2 where "Windstalker" (Holly's userame) talked in open channels in EQ2 (Stormhold TLE) about MQ, in 2015, around the same time as the agreement.

1660870169965.png

1660870184251.png

1660870189601.png

There's no way it could be the MySEQ...
Hate to break it to you, but it's more likely it was MySEQ that did you in at this point than MQNext. MQNext hides itself, not unrelated processes to MQNext.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck showeq and its offspring and the people who use it and try to claim it isn't cheating. Where the fuck does anyone get off thinking it's anything BUT blatant cheating? Just because active mq2 is worse?

Just own up to cheating. I installed mq2 on combine right before wow came out, and on fippy a few days before I quit, and on rizlona basically the whole time I played there. I cheated. Not that fucking hard to say.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
soon showeq in a docker container on windows machine. they cant scan processes within a docker container in the wsl2 environment.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
showeq is clearly cheating inn the traditional sense but became basically like a crazy wow addon, ya decursive felt like cheatinng but it wasnt and for EQ since the very first tlp they have never flagged it, talked about it or penalized people inn anny way. Major guilds literally required it, something I am sure devs were aware of and still nothing. to suddenly start banning for it is really strange.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
They should just sell a "Potion of Ogre Vision" in the shop that gives you showeq functionality right on your map. "Classic" TLP play is so far from legit anyway with store pots, xtar, etc, might as well go the blizzard route and roll "add ons" into the base game to make everyone equal.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
showeq is clearly cheating inn the traditional sense but became basically like a crazy wow addon, ya decursive felt like cheatinng but it wasnt and for EQ since the very first tlp they have never flagged it, talked about it or penalized people inn anny way. Major guilds literally required it, something I am sure devs were aware of and still nothing. to suddenly start banning for it is really strange.
You realize the first TLP was in like 2006?

You really want to say nobody has been suspended for ShowEQ from 2006 until 2022? I personally ate a week suspension in like 2010 for using it on Live.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ugh can we get back to guild drama and who trained the Oasis wedding with Sand giants now?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They should just sell a "Potion of Ogre Vision" in the shop that gives you showeq functionality right on your map. "Classic" TLP play is so far from legit anyway with store pots, xtar, etc, might as well go the blizzard route and roll "add ons" into the base game to make everyone equal.
Or implement it ingame like I did on classless on the ingame map.
Tracking skill would increase the distance of mob names shown on the map.

It's the safest way to implement MySEQ ingame for all without compromising game integrity.

Sure, they'd still be able to use MySEQ. But the advantage would be mostly taken away.

1661045040003.png

(swap to ranger)

1661045079464.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The breaking of the MQ agreement and keeping MQ off of TLP servers is what prompted Jenn and crew to crack down on it. I believe that silent agreement was made between Daybreak & Redguides, MMOBugs and the MQ team. Believe they met eqmule & co in person to actually physically sign the agreement.
There was never an agreement. That is something EQ Mule essentially fabricated. Redbot who runs Redguides has posted about this openly on their forums in the last few months. It's possible Mule (who has severe autism--and I don't mean in the way we bandy that term about, I mean he actually has a spectrum disorder and also can barely speak English so he has serious communication struggles) maybe interpreted his meeting with Daybreak as an "agreement", but it's also possible he just fabricated it because he's generally a liar / shady person who did a lot of bad things to his own customers.

The only third party developer there is any kind of detente with in a semi-formal way is Lax and ISBoxer. A developer has literally confirmed in the last week that basically they work with Lax because he is "committed to updating his software to not do anything we disapprove of", this is why there is also a flag DPG can control to enable/disable IS on individual servers.

1661190083461.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
There was never an agreement. That is something EQ Mule essentially fabricated. Redbot who runs Redguides has posted about this openly on their forums in the last few months. It's possible Mule (who has severe autism--and I don't mean in the way we bandy that term about, I mean he actually has a spectrum disorder and also can barely speak English so he has serious communication struggles) maybe interpreted his meeting with Daybreak as an "agreement", but it's also possible he just fabricated it because he's generally a liar / shady person who did a lot of bad things to his own customers.

The only third party developer there is any kind of detente with in a semi-formal way is Lax and ISBoxer. A developer has literally confirmed in the last week that basically they work with Lax because he is "committed to updating his software to not do anything we disapprove of", this is why there is also a flag DPG can control to enable/disable IS on individual servers.

View attachment 429265
Or because niente uses it with their characters and wants it that way.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

View attachment 429265

I don't think it's a formal, written agreement, but what niente just mentioned there is the kind of agreement I thought was in place - a gentleman's agreement to not touch the program in question. I use the word 'believe' because when it comes to eqmule and his written agreement, as it's hard to filter what is true and what is bullshit with that guy. I suppose if we ever see the entire EQ source code leaked publicly, I'll take back what I said about him being a liar.

They don't mess with MQ as long as it's not used on truebox servers. I still think they're loosely adhering to that, as the folks getting banned are all on special ruleset servers.

The setting in question also would only use the code I mentioned earlier in the thread (a 'block list' for programs that I pointed out) so that also confirms to me that they're using server-sent data to prohibit specific software (and thus, MySEQ, as I mentioned earlier)

The only capacity they have for detecting ISBoxer is that setting, too. As I mentioned before, MySEQ has been detected using that same 'setting'. MQNext evades that setting because it hides its own modules and processes, but it does not hide MySEQ from their detection by default.

There's a financial benefit to allowing ISBoxer on live servers as opposed to truebox when it comes to player perspective. Which I imagine is the primary motivator for them allowing ISBoxer on live, but not on truebox.

Also, yes, everyone already knows that about eqmule. He threatened to leak the "Entire EQ source code" that "JChan gave him" during one of his meltdowns, he's a staunch COVID denier, and he is the reason why EQMac died after I worked with Todd to close the loophole for PC and promised not to update it. He also had a pissing match publicly with brainiac after brainiac basically carried the weight of the project for multiple years.

He's like me but actually unstable, and not a tranny obviously.

I'm glad Knightly and brainiac took over development and cut him out, as eqmule's not the person I'd want publicly developing a cheat program like that.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol covid denier... Stable tranny.

Yep, this thread is going places.

• 1Worf

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The detection in question started around Aradune. I ended up changing my window title to "Jade47 - Onlyfans" and named the program Mcafee.exe or something along those lines. Never got tripped up because I fact checked, and wanted to make sure I covered my bases by not telling anyone. Glad I did, because now I can point to the exact reason people got suspended in comparison to me.

They said at the start of the agreement, if it was not honored, they'd get increasingly nasty with hidden detection methods that they didn't want to fight the developers of MQ on. It would have been mutually beneficial to allow MQ only on live servers and for MQ devs to leave TLP alone. Once Next was made public, I imagine they believe that the agreement wasn't honored anymore, and reacted accordingly.

For the record I still find it funny that MySEQ is what did people in and not MQNext. I'm fairly certain they have limited capacity to detect MQNext still given that it hides from existing detection methods. It's just behavior analysis that ends up getting MQNext folks in trouble, or they run MySEQ alongside MQNext and that leads to them getting flagged.

This is a conversation ingame from EQ2 where "Windstalker" (Holly's userame) talked in open channels in EQ2 (Stormhold TLE) about MQ, in 2015, around the same time as the agreement.

View attachment 428794

View attachment 428795
View attachment 428796

Hate to break it to you, but it's more likely it was MySEQ that did you in at this point than MQNext. MQNext hides itself, not unrelated processes to MQNext.
People seem to be overlooking this, so I just want to point out that Holly called the MQ2/redguides people nerds and that's incredibly funny to me.

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
all this thread needs now is Joker dude to come in and go off about trans and latinx folk again.

-Bigor
Warrior of the 70th Circle.
- Mischief

"I can taste the fear in the meat " - twitch.tv/bigor33

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i've yet to see a person say they were banned who's only used mqnext. everyone who's been suspended this wave and previous had myseq (either running or running recently) in common.

it's so stupid though because showeq is so easy to setup... it may not seem that way because the forums are so garbage. additionally, it wouldn't even be that difficult to rebuild it with a more modern stack so the build process doesnt require libraries from 2001 and 100 packages to install.

so all they're doing with this ban is making it so the people who are truly cheaters continue to cheat while the common man is deterred. i mean i guess it cuts down usage.

yerm

all this thread needs now is Joker dude to come in and go off about trans and latinx folk again.

-Bigor
Warrior of the 70th Circle.
- Mischief

"I can taste the fear in the meat " - twitch.tv/bigor33

Why are you pretending to be a guy who was clearly asked and firmly denied being you? You may be more unstable than anyone mentioned in secrets' post.

• 1Like

yerm

i've yet to see a person say they were banned who's only used mqnext. everyone who's been suspended this wave and previous had myseq (either running or running recently) in common.

it's so stupid though because showeq is so easy to setup... it may not seem that way because the forums are so garbage. additionally, it wouldn't even be that difficult to rebuild it with a more modern stack so the build process doesnt require libraries from 2001 and 100 packages to install.

so all they're doing with this ban is making it so the people who are truly cheaters continue to cheat while the common man is deterred. i mean i guess it cuts down usage.

Myseq is truly cheating. Stop with the nonsense.