EQ2 TLE - Varsoon server

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
A "Hardcore" ruleset isn't done best as a ruleset, but as an optional flag for your character. Same with Solo Self Found.

Having a 'permadeath' and a 'SSF' option on creation would be rather interesting. Doesn't need a whole damn server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
A "Hardcore" ruleset isn't done best as a ruleset, but as an optional flag for your character. Same with Solo Self Found.

Having a 'permadeath' and a 'SSF' option on creation would be rather interesting. Doesn't need a whole damn server.
Actually, what would be really cool is if they offered custom ruleset character creation like you said. That way there, you could create a character specifically for a ruleset of you choosing.

For the SSF crowd, create a character ruleset called Ancestry.
  1. Outside buffs do not land on the character
  2. Outside heals do not land on the character
  3. Tradind disabled
  4. Grouping disabled
  5. Buying from the broker disabled
  6. On death, character is reset to level 1
  7. When character is reset to level 1, you are able to choose one item to keep which is then labeled a family heirloom. That item will continue to be available for all of your level 1 resets (aka when you die, your heir inherits said item)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally dinged 50 the other day, been running dungeons. Is there anyway to get ACT to overlay with this game? none of the settings i tried work, you always have to parse the log after the session.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Finally dinged 50 the other day, been running dungeons. Is there anyway to get ACT to overlay with this game? none of the settings i tried work, you always have to parse the log after the session.

I haven't found a way yet, it's an old archaic game that works best in full screen, but that locks everything else out.

What you can do is to set the log file to a network or share location, and have a laptop or something parse it in a separate screen.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I haven't found a way yet, it's an old archaic game that works best in full screen, but that locks everything else out.

What you can do is to set the log file to a network or share location, and have a laptop or something parse it in a separate screen.
There's a mini parse button but that's about the best you'll get, short of rewriting one of the old FFXIV ACT overlays that works with DX9.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I played some. I sailed to the mainland, then went to halas and got a delivery quest. An hour or so of running later I found out the delivery area is not in the game yet. Thanks.

Then I ran up to the first quest person I saw and the quest was to kill 10 rats. Snakes and beetles too but still. 10 rats.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I finally got the Fire And Ice quest started last night. Holy shit that Speak Like A Dragon quest line was a fucking shit show. Herding the cats through that quest was fun lol. Sadly, we still have a few in our guild that have to go through it including our main tanks that were not able to be online last night for it.

Now that is done though, I look forward to working my way through the raids to get my prismatic weapon.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I finally got the Fire And Ice quest started last night. Holy shit that Speak Like A Dragon quest line was a fucking shit show. Herding the cats through that quest was fun lol. Sadly, we still have a few in our guild that have to go through it including our main tanks that were not able to be online last night for it.

Now that is done though, I look forward to working my way through the raids to get my prismatic weapon.
I got my prismatic Monday. The raids were adequately challenging. The secret strat is to bring 3 healers in the MT group; that seems to trivialize a lot of fights.

With our gear and 3 healers now, we could probably just two-tank the three-split drake. By far, that was the hardest fight in the questline - harder than even Darathar.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Arent there a few scrolls that take forever to respawn? Howd you work through that just curious lol.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
If you think the prismatic questline is bad, wait until you do the Peacock quest in DoF, and Claymore in KoS...

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Peacock isn't so bad. The runes can take some time but Punja's Progression isn't actually required because you can glitch past it. Claymore, on the other hand, is an absolute slog, particularly the parts that take place in Palace of the Awakened.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Opening day was bumpy as fuck, but I have to say that I am having a blast on this server. I got my dirge to 50 the first weekend, and ended up getting tailoring up to 43. Now I'm just working on dungeon grinding for gear, and making krono.

Really glad I decided to skip EQ1 TLP this season and go EQ2.
So you still feel this way? Seems a few negative posts after that about them fucking shit up.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So you still feel this way? Seems a few negative posts after that about them fucking shit up.
It's not the best it could be, but it's not bad, either.

They have made some questionable itemization decisions (not boosting up level 40 items to 50 and raid quality that drop 0.005% chance off of a mob in Feerrott, but also 25% chance in a raid encounter) but for the most part it's fairly sound across the board. Raid content is tuned the best it's been. Better than Stormhold.

I think they're just pressed for time, and don't care too much as people are still spending money. It's clear to me that they were told by management that TLE brings more money than live, as they would normally be done with touching TLE content by now and well into the next expac cycle. Instead, we're getting that 80% dev attention that normally went to the new expansion.

That says to me that they're going to be axing the game if this fails, which is in line with investor reports about spenders vs population count.
Live servers don't see over 200 people online, and 19% of the playerbase are multiboxers that box 3 or more characters, according to the ISXEQ2 bot program developers. So TLE is their last bastion for revenue before this game gets turned off.

They have ended up buffing the shit out of some other items in instanced content like the Web of Chalandria item which has 15 abmod and drops 33% of the time, but the named right before her drops this piece of hot garbage at 0.66% of the time:

1655321068022.png

In comparsion:
1655321206077.png

The Bright Ember Necklace should be legendary/fabled quality, and 50 if nothing else. But instead, it's not, and itemization is piss-poor in these areas.

They also nerfed a p2w crate whale item - a 100 abmod mount - after 2-3 people spent 40 krono on it by trading it for it, only for it to be worse than the $25 purchased mount item in the store. That's hilarious but unfortunate.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fucked up the maiden quest to get the Nek teleport, it auto completes once you kill the big mob on the boat. Submitted a ticket and they basically told me to go fuck myself.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I fucked up the maiden quest to get the Nek teleport, it auto completes once you kill the big mob on the boat. Submitted a ticket and they basically told me to go fuck myself.
Do the Feerrott one. It's quicker as you just one shot a level 15 mob to leave the boat anyways. No dialog to leave like Mists.

"In Search of the Feerrott" in main towns. Kill one orc cartographer, and talk to him. Kill 3 catapult orc operators. Kill 1 named orc. Quest is now done. You have a boat unless you pick up the followup quest, which is obtained from the NPC you kill in there.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do the Feerrott one. It's quicker as you just one shot a level 15 mob to leave the boat anyways. No dialog to leave like Mists.

"In Search of the Feerrott" in main towns. Kill one orc cartographer, and talk to him. Kill 3 catapult orc operators. Kill 1 named orc. Quest is now done. You have a boat unless you pick up the followup quest, which is obtained from the NPC you kill in there.
This worked surprising well. Was getting tried of running through antonica/steppes every time.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This worked surprising well. Was getting tried of running through antonica/steppes every time.
I fucked it up on Kaladim and did it a second time here because I forgot what quest was which, and then I had to remember this one too. Happens every fucking TLE like clockwork because the info's gone from my head by the next TLE.

At least I remembered the order for Fire & Ice for prismatics and spotted that someone vandalized the EQ2 Wikia page to try and cockblock guilds from beating them to prismatics.

1655325707235.png

• 1Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I fucked it up on Kaladim and did it a second time here because I forgot what quest was which, and then I had to remember this one too. Happens every fucking TLE like clockwork because the info's gone from my head by the next TLE.

At least I remembered the order for Fire & Ice for prismatics and spotted that someone vandalized the EQ2 Wikia page to try and cockblock guilds from beating them to prismatics.

View attachment 417342
So, is that the proper sequence there, or do you have to look in the revision history to find the proper sequence?