EQ2002: The Better Planes of Power - PoP-Locked, Single Box EQ

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird; I am using Firefox and it works just fine for me.

The filters in the game client, by default, have miss messages disabled. AC is very important here too for incoming damage, which I don't expect people to have a lot of yet.
Chrome worked fine to get the downloads started. Very weird indeed!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I suppose it's just a matter of timing, but countless other Emu servers have come up, never was interested, for EQ or WoW or otherwise.

Then I am drawn to this post via the qwerty post complaining about being banned from this thread, and I decide what the hell and go ahead and install it. Weird how things happen sometimes I suppose.

Last time I had fun in EQ was on Vulak progression server, no-lifing it keeping on top of batphone kills and shit from Classic-Luclin. Maybe this will bring back some of that magic!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If it's using Torven's combat code then even a starting tunic makes a difference. Equip any gear you can find.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
started setting up the client, and then remembered that the test ends tonight =p will get in a few hours at least tho.

what's the plan for after this testing weekend, Secrets?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
started setting up the client, and then remembered that the test ends tonight =p will get in a few hours at least tho.

what's the plan for after this testing weekend, Secrets?

Plan is to migrate hosting to dedicated hosting via Akkadius' servers. It's not cheap to do that, but it will at least get me a dedicated machine, with full backups, that I can host the server on. Paid for it out of pocket and intend to do that indefinitely.
I will keep the server down for 1-5 days while I migrate hosting. The next testing phase will be an open testing phase and should require little or no downtime. I am shooting for Friday for when I have the migration completed. I have a full work week and that leaves me about 1-2 hours a day to work on this during the week. Either way, there will be 24 hours advance notice as to when the server returns.

Here's some of the changes I have made since the server has come up:

Changelog 3/11/2017:
-Server files now include a copy of commons_obj.s3d; this is required if you were having issues with west commonlands.
-The zoneline from east commonlands to west commonlands is now functional and does not take you to Kithicor.
-All journeyman mercenaries have been removed from the game and players' inventories.
-The 'Origin' AA should now properly cost 0 mana, and allow non-casters to cast the spell.

Changelog 3/12/2017
-The "Slam" skill now functions for large races.
-P99-style IP limits have been implemented. You can only log on one character per IP and this is enforced before you log in. The timeout period is significantly less than P99, however, and logging out via [ESC] or the Quit button will allow you to always get back in instantly.
-An annoying message that appeared while looting duplicate lore items is now gone.
-All items from Jan 2003 and later have been removed. Some quests may appear broken if the quest mob is not dropping a specific item required for an out-of-era quest. Please let me know of any quests that are broken as a result of this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Okay, that wasn't too bad, took me about 30 minutes to migrate hosting thanks to how awesome Akkadius had this machine set up. Props to him.

The open testing period begins officially now instead. Sorry for the lack of 24 hour warning. I had an opportunity to get this done this morning and didn't want to waste it, and it's stupid to wait if it's ready now.

Here are the patch notes since yesterday:

Changelog 3/13/2017
-The zoneline between Upper Guk and Innothule once again functions.
-The zoneline between West Commonlands and Befallen once again functions.
-The following port spells have been corrected to use the old, pre-revamp zones:
  • Nektulos Forest
  • Lavastorm
  • Mountains
  • North Ro
  • South Ro
  • Misty Thicket
  • West Commonlands
  • Innothule Swamp
  • Toxxulia Forest
-Lesson of the Devoted is now a 1 hour reuse time. This change was made to replace ZEMs with a short 'burst' of experience every 30 minutes.
-Origin is now a 20 hour reuse time. This ability was not intended to be a free ride home every 18 minutes.
-Mercenaries can no longer be suspended during combat.
-Mercenaries should be more smart when selecting fast heals. This makes the healer mercenary able to cast Minor/Light Healing above 35% health.
-Mercenaries should now honor their Mana/HP pools when zoning and unsuspending the mercenary.
-Melee DPS mercenaries should no longer be aggro immune and have lost their poison procs.
-BlackBurrow should no longer have a rare chance to drop fine steel and should no longer an extremely rare chance to drop loot such as Blue Diamonds, Jacinths, Ruby Crowns and Star Sapphires. Special thanks to the testers with their honesty regarding this bug.
-

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
gYaO8W3.jpg

Would love to know what you were thinking on this one, Ditzy.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No MQ whatsoever? Even if you are just using it for maps?

I mean, at the end of the day, I can't really tell if you're using MQ2Maps if you don't target things through walls. Automated gameplay and active cheats are mainly what I am concerned about.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For those of you that are having issues finding the appropriate client, a full install of the game client, with the latest patch for my server applied, is available here:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I just adjusted my original posts with information about the game client, the current testing phase, and added the discord link to the main post for ease of use.

Here's a shameless changelist of the last few days:

Changelog 3/14/2017
-Melee DPS mercenaries have had their damage reduced by 33%, HP reduced by 5%, and AC reduced by 50%.
-Tank mercenaries have had their damage reduced by 33%, HP reduced by 5%, and AC reduced by 25%.
-Caster/Tank merc HP/Mana regen has been normalized.
  • HP Regen is equal to level / 10, if regen is less than 2, it's set to 2.
  • Mana Regen is equal to level / 5. If regen is less than 3, it's set to 3.
-Mana pools have been increased for caster dps mercenaries by 10%.
-The slam skill will now act as if it has one point in the bash skill when determining damage if the player has 0 points in bash.
-The Secrets of Faydwer style consider system has been implemented. Please report any anomalies in experience gain.

Changelog 3/15/2017
-Merc AC has been readjusted to be merc level * 3.7 = AC, rounded. This is across the board for ALL mercs. The reasoning behind this is to make mercs more like a mage pet in terms of damage sustained, as they follow NPC AC rules. Previously they were set to client AC values but using NPC formulas.
-Slam damage has been readjusted once again.
-Tradeskill recipes have been re-imported from the default PEQ database, and merged in with the TAKP public release data for tradeskills.
-Zones will now process NPCs while no players are in them. This should fix NPCs that do not return home.
-Mercenaries can no longer be suspended by removing them from the group in combat.
-Melee DPS mercenaries will no longer try and dance with NPCs in which they have the highest aggro on.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
"-Melee DPS mercenaries will no longer try and dance with NPCs in which they have the highest aggro on."

Why was this fixed? That sounds amazing.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
"-Melee DPS mercenaries will no longer try and dance with NPCs in which they have the highest aggro on."

Why was this fixed? That sounds amazing.

It actually was causing strain on the server as every frame it would try and reposition each NPC behind each other, and update the NPC's position via the network layer.

It looked amusing though.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Couple things I've noticed

NPCs at a distance, near the edge of my clip are not textured, just all white.

Casting on a mob from range returns mixed pathing results. Sometimes they run at me, sometimes they freeze for a sec, then warp on top of me.

Looting is hit or miss. 50% of the time I need to /target the corpse to loot. Some corpses I cannot target at all.

Same experience on 2 different comps, using the same client install.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
With Daybreak's latest announcement, it puts this server in a weird spot. I am curious what you all think about it.

I don't want to step on Daybreak's toes and fragment the community that they would grow there.
Does this still appeal to anyone - given that Daybreak's server is essentially the same thing without mercs?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Daybreak's server allows boxing. I can't be the only person with 3 computers on his desk.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had been thinking that a slower progression server like this really needs a critical mass of people to be truly viable. Seeing how the sponsored server will almost certainly provide that, I decided to just wait for that to release before putting serious effort into EQ again.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or have you already shut this down? Don't see the server in the list today.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user