EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wanted to get some prime work leveling done but the server looks down. Sadness. I couldnt find a way to kunark yesterday, so i may try to just grind up to around 55 and hit these stupid planes bosses + phinny. Got Vox and Naggy last night
Luckily the Kunark flagging mobs are 2 hour respawns, so even if they're not up it's not a long wait.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was going to ask in game, but I curious about how many AA's you have on Flatline right now; since you seemed to be able to tank AoW/KT/Vulak, etc. I want to know about what I should shoot for (gear notwithstanding).

140 - 150 or so.

I have max CA (8 ranks) and CS is at rank 5.

Other than that I have all offensive AA, and mostly 145hp gear.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
At 55 though what is it that's causing you to not finish your flag for Kunark?

Just a lack of effort, I guess. I'm just short EoV at this point. I had flagged my BST and DRU who are already 60. Problem is, BSTs are horrible without gear and it takes a few expansions before they come into their own, it seems. So, I rerolled an SK/SHM combo that just hit 55. All of that was a big setback, timewise.

Mostly, I just settle into a rhythm when I'm EXPing and tend to forget about working on flags.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Maybe I just leveled like a derp or wasn't able to focus on flagging when the core of people were doing it, but I'm 55 and still not even Kunark flagged. Hell, my BST was almost 58 by the time he got Kunark flagged. Having to reroll certainly didn't help matters, but I still feel like 54+ turns into a crawl if you can't use Velious/Kunark zones for EXP. Stuff like VP/NToV/VT/etc. requiring flags makes sense, but I don't see what the hell making OS, Karnor's, Chardok, etc. require a flag really accomplishes. 90% of the loot dropped in those zones is fucking tradeable anyways, even the stuff from the raid targets.

Damn that sucks. If you are that far behind don't be afraid to ask for an assist in guild chat mang. There is no shortage of help to be had.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What level should I be for Kunark flagging? 41 right now, but would like to get in on this tonight if possible.
Minimum of 46, just because you need the planes (Fear, Hate, Sky) for the flags.

I think I finished em up around 50 or 51.

There are plenty of people willing to help kill the mobs for you, so it's mostly just an issue of leveling.

And you can grind levels incredibly fast here. I did 60-65 yesterday in a few long stretches. It's just a matter of getting to it (I doubt most people would want to grind them like I did, but it's definitely possible).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
140 - 150 or so.

I have max CA (8 ranks) and CS is at rank 5.

Other than that I have all offensive AA, and mostly 145hp gear.
Nice. I should be able to hit that this week if I really grind them out. So if anyone needs help with Luclin flagging I can hopefully do it.

I guess the big thing will be figuring out where to gear up in Luclin. I definitely don't have 145hp gear in most slots. Maybe two or three.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Luclin? Just immediately work on farming your VT shards / Emp key. The only worthwhile loot targets are Emp, VT, and maybe Seru if you have an Arx key. The rest simply isn't worth all the hassle and headache.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good to know. I guess most of the gear prior to PoP will end up being shit from the Velious raid targets then.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well true, but if you spent any time farming your VP Fable / Vulak / and the rest of the end game Velious stuff, the majority of Luclin encounters are sideways upgrades at best until end game Luclin. Just like when you get decked out in VT, Emp, and Seru gear then most of PoP items are useless up until around RZ / EP+.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Don't remember seeing if it was posted, but PSA: If you are melee you will need to manually train triple attack at your trainer; last i checked it didnt auto train.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dexz

Golden Squire
I swear to GOD this is so enticing. What are you guys seeing in terms of hours played to reach 50/55/60/65 ? I took a long break right after PoP went live and would love to raid PoTime..

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I swear to GOD this is so enticing. What are you guys seeing in terms of hours played to reach 50/55/60/65 ? I took a long break right after PoP went live and would love to raid PoTime..

I am 51 3 days in. Missing a few flags for Kunark. It's a bit of a breeze if you know what you are doing.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I was level 65 and Luclin flagged in 3 days, but went extreme poopsock. The server is pretty chill and xp rates are far above what live was. You can catch up relatively quickly, especially if someone tosses you a weapon or two.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
How hard are Inny/CT/Eye? Are they duoable with Ench/Cleric?

Do sky keys go on the keyring? Can you just buy them?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You need to farm all but the first Sky key. Yes they go on keyring. All of the classic planes gods probably take about 4 lvl 60 toons.

Alternately, you can have someone with keys just zone up and kill EoV while you wait on Island 1. You will still get credit zone wide.