EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been trying to farm a particular spell but after killing the mob who drops it six times, he's had nothing on his corpse all six times. Grand Advisor Zum`uul

This is one of those issues that seems to plague a lot of emulated servers, where named mobs with confirmed loot tables occasionally or always drop no loot.

Mentioned to Maze that some named mobs are not dropping any items at all and he said he isn't fixing old content. :) :) :)

Some of these spells were simply rare drop. Just FYI, I have seen this spell drop when I was PL'ing Zaide's necro boxes in Chardok. I have also cleared through when he dropped nothing at all.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got Kunark access and everything but Trak/VP done. Can anyone tell me about the 51+ Necro spells available in OT? Are they on a merchant? Will I be KoS as an Iksar (i.e. is it a custom merchant?) I'm hunting in Seb right now for spells, but so far no luck and I heard that at least the level 53 pet is in OT.

It's just like live. Overthere is for evil races and sells some spells, the rest are quest. Firiona Vie is for good classes and works the same.

I think Overthere has a tie to Venril Sathir faction, so if you have screwed that up you might have to invis in. FD at the merchant's feet to use it.

Should work like this:
Necromancer Spells - Project 1999 Wiki

It's just like live. Overthere is for evil races and sells some spells, the rest are quest. Firiona Vie is for good classes and works the same.

I think Overthere has a tie to Venril Sathir faction, so if you have screwed that up you might have to invis in. FD at the merchant's feet to use it.

Should work like this:
Necromancer Spells - Project 1999 Wiki

So a question on 61+ spells. I was lucky enough to have leveled to 60 with the autoscribe still active. At this point is there any way to acquire these 61+ spells through drops/purchase or am i looking at a few weeks of farming words/runes or just grinding to 65 and cherry picking the spells i want to research? Thanks guys, looking to hook up with you guys in game.

Hospchiar 61 Mage
Paiter 61 Shaman

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I'm getting "An unknown error occurred when you tried to join the server" messages today on all accounts when trying to log in. Anyone else having bother or is it that same shitty thing that happens with p99 sometimes that you just have to wait out?

edit: nm, it was exactly the latter

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a question on 61+ spells. I was lucky enough to have leveled to 60 with the autoscribe still active. At this point is there any way to acquire these 61+ spells through drops/purchase or am i looking at a few weeks of farming words/runes or just grinding to 65 and cherry picking the spells i want to research? Thanks guys, looking to hook up with you guys in game.

Hospchiar 61 Mage
Paiter 61 Shaman

In PoP, the runes or whatever for spell hand-ins drop like candy. They aren't difficult at all to farm. You can beg people to do rune hand-ins for you and with some luck, get the ones you are looking for. I think if your class does the hand-ins, they are smart rewards. As in, if you have one scribed, it won't give you the same twice.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm getting "An unknown error occurred when you tried to join the server" messages today on all accounts when trying to log in. Anyone else having bother or is it that same shitty thing that happens with p99 sometimes that you just have to wait out?

edit: nm, it was exactly the latter

That is an EMU login server bug. If that is happening, it's blocking everyone from any EMU server from logging in. Just have to wait.

In PoP, the runes or whatever for spell hand-ins drop like candy. They aren't difficult at all to farm. You can beg people to do rune hand-ins for you and with some luck, get the ones you are looking for. I think if your class does the hand-ins, they are smart rewards. As in, if you have one scribed, it won't give you the same twice.

Are those runs different from the parchments it used to be from elementalist somat quest?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are those runs different from the parchments it used to be from elementalist somat quest?

3 different things, for varying levels of spells.

Ethereal Parchments give level 61 and 62 spells.
Spectral Parchments give level 63 and 64 spells.
Glyphed Rune Words give level 65 spells.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What is the deal with auto scribe anyways? Saw some people complaining earlier in OOC. You guys got GoD spells autoscribed too? And there's a question as to whether some spells even drop or not.

I am all for having to hunt out spells after 50, I think it adds depth and immersion, but it seems silly that some have all their spells automatically and have out of era spells and others don't.

Gonna suck using my level 48 necro pet all the way to 59 lol.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah the autoscribe was entirely level based and ignored expansion.

The 61-65 spells will all be in because of the PoP spell system. The 51-60 is up in the air. Idk if anyone does researching here but you may need to research for some spells that would otherwise drop.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Some of the Ancient VT spells are ridiculously good and rare. And some people having GoD spells is a bit bleh imo.

I'm having terrible luck. Been at juggs for 2 hours and I have 3 full bags of spells ranging all classes except for Necro.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some of the Ancient VT spells are ridiculously good and rare. And some people having GoD spells is a bit bleh imo.

I'm having terrible luck. Been at juggs for 2 hours and I have 3 full bags of spells ranging all classes except for Necro.

I got my 59 pet spells from Tolapumj. Make sure you're killing him and Protector.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I got my 59 pet spells from Tolapumj. Make sure you're killing him and Protector.

I can't find protector roaming down and unfortunately Fabled Tolapumj is up and he resists everything. Also, can't get to crypt until I get a DE mask to get thru the locked door atm. Seb exp is so slow, I need a group. 5 bags of spells and none Nec and only 1 level. Need dat group exp.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I can't find protector roaming down and unfortunately Fabled Tolapumj is up and he resists everything. Also, can't get to crypt until I get a DE mask to get thru the locked door atm. Seb exp is so slow, I need a group. 5 bags of spells and none Nec and only 1 level. Need dat group exp.

Just camp or zone for 30 seconds. Empty zones close to save server space so when you zone back in it will be a new instance of seb.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just camp or zone for 30 seconds. Empty zones close to save server space so when you zone back in it will be a new instance of seb.

uh that's magic. Shame though, I was hoping somebody would help me killed Fabled Tola for the robe. I farmed Djarn for about 20 kills w/o seeing his Fabled version, so I'm just now realizing Fabled are pretty rare.

Edit: Nm there is a guy holding the zone open, Relapse, in rerolled. I still don't have my tag you assholes :(

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI, all of the good Kunark Fabled that are worth a damn have been moved to drop in VP. Far easier to farm there, as every dragon (except Silverwing) will drop at least 1 fabled.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Well I'm still 52 atm, exp is really slow solo atm. I just need Trak and VP for Velious though. I'm having fun, if not a bit annoyed about spells and worrying that some are bugged/broken/don't drop. I wish we could find a way to double the pop with similar people that are already on the server. The people here are great.

I'll be glad to get into PoP for the guaranteed spells. I actually love the PoP spell system. I had so much fun getting parchments and glyped rune words, and loved rolling the lottery on turn in and making bank knowing which other casters to turn in to to sell spells. Lots of nostalgia with PoP spells.

Does snaring a mob and preventing it from roaming back to its spawn point not work here? trying to split sebilite protector from fabled tola by casting snare on him, running back and hub gating, but when i get back, 45 secs later, he's back at spawn? It's so strange, half the juggs here are perma rooted at random.

Last edited:

Dexz

Golden Squire
I have a bank full of spells, I dont have any necro pets, I used or gave them away already. Level 60 spells are rares off Juggs. More common on Protector, Emp, kunark dragons and Velious bosses. I saw a few drop in ST last night.
If anyone needs a spcific spell, leave a post here with you ingame name and ill take a look tonight, would be nice to get some bank space back.....