EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirJames

Golden Squire
I mean yea I 100% understand not wanting to maintain all this free stuff for us, but holy crap that sucks.

That's like 1000's of hours of gaming, just down the poop shoot.

Hopefully he can at least hand the DB / Server off to someone else.

But to blow it all up, really shitty thing to do......

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the sense of time wasted will sour a lot of people. I am now super reluctant to start again on another emu server.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
fish.jpg

Toony

Molten Core Raider
^%$#^%$@#^%$..... This server was the right mix for me, solo friendly but box limited so you could still group for raids.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I figured this would happen.

You'd think we'd know better by now not to put shit like this in the hands of others. If we're going to do an EQEmu server, we might just need one hosted by someone from FoH.

Kind of glad my vacation happened when it did 2 weeks ago, as I only logged in briefly yesterday since then. I'm not quite as upset since I haven't been doing anything lately. It's a shit load of hours of burned on this server though.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I figured this would happen.

You'd think we'd know better by now not to put shit like this in the hands of others. If we're going to do an EQEmu server, we might just need one hosted by someone from FoH.

Kind of glad my vacation happened when it did 2 weeks ago, as I only logged in briefly yesterday since then. I'm not quite as upset since I haven't been doing anything lately. It's a shit load of hours of burned on this server though.

We all got burned on this one.

• 1Solidarity

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
After his last post on Discord, I sort of saw this coming. Think I'm going to roll a few boxes on Al'kabor, but damn I agree that the balance on this server was very nice.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah. 2 of 4 EP gods away from PoTime. Figures!

Dude had some really serious RL family stuff happen recently that was completely out of his control and unexpected. I completely understand he doesn't have the time. But I am pretty damn salty about no notice and a server nuke. Pretty shit having no notice, especially considering the hours myself and others put into the server finding bugs and whatnot.

At least have a last hurrah weekend and give everyone Time access / lvl65 / max AA to go fuck around. Such a waste.

Guess I will find my way back to the gym this weekend.

It's been fun folks.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
WELP, can't say I havent been burned by kpemu and nag lair before. CITI if you ass ever registers here hit me up when you are playing another emu. I will not play on an Al`kabor ancient client.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't played it in forever (we had a small guild that were the only ones doing Anguish, and helping the GM tune it), but EZ server was pretty fucking awesome. It's not classic EQ at all, but it's fast paced to start with.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EZ Server is fun, just be prepared to box 6+ characters if you want to get anything done.

radditsu

This kind of server was the perfect EQ for Dads server. Someone needs to fill this niche.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm planning on running a server, but I'm about to move to Japan literally tomorrow so it's going to be some time before it happens.

If I do it and it ends up happening I'll make sure that in the worst case scenario some folks here will have database copies etc to prevent a situation like this.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EZ Server is fun, just be prepared to box 6+ characters if you want to get anything done.

This. EZ server was crazy fun for a while, but the ramp in difficulty requiring epic 4s or whatever and boxing 4 chars I just gave up. I have no problem ramping up difficulty, but requiring you to box more and more chars just burned me out. I don't want to 6 box.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly, even 6 boxing you will hit a wall once you get to Tier'd content. Without someone to carry you through it to gear up your army, you'll be stuck farming low tiers for gear for weeks on end without help.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That and spell graphics/sounds don't work because the GM's are too stubborn to check their spell file.

Pinadil

This server had the perfect mix of difficulty and community. I'd be down to reroll, it is our motto after all.

• 1Solidarity