EQMac Now Free to Play

Yeah I play on PC, it's really great. I have no issues with bugs or stability or anything. The only issue I've seen is that the bazaar doesn't really work, but there's only ever a handful of people in there anyway so it's no problem for me to just browse them all one by one.

The only problem with being on PC is that I feel a bit like an outlaw. I can't mention it to anyone or they give me serious shit about it. And I live in constant fear that today might be the day they nerf something that invalidates the PC crack and all my access is gone unless I buy a mac. It's a big problem because it's hard to play EQ and not get attached to your characters. But it's hard to get attached to your characters thinking it could be taken away at any moment. And I also love it mainly for 6 boxing, which is a blast. So presumably I couldn't even buy a cheap mac, not that I would want to buy a computer just for one game anyway.

Long story short, I love EQ Mac. But I try not to love it too much, to prevent heart break :p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... people can say what they want about EMU's and Mac being Luclin and PoP but no one even comes close to it. It is the only bit of EQ we have left in my opinion. If you really want that true feeling and with the EQ community this is it. I hope you can continue to play on your PC and yes, people will absolutely drag you over hot coals if you admit it. They are just frightened with the potential repercussions of the server. They fought hard to keep it.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
Yeah... people can say what they want about EMU's and Mac being Luclin and PoP but no one even comes close to it. It is the only bit of EQ we have left in my opinion. If you really want that true feeling and with the EQ community this is it.
EQMac is so amazing and pure it brings a tear to my eye... may Allah bless this server for another thousand years

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I play on PC, it's really great. I have no issues with bugs or stability or anything. The only issue I've seen is that the bazaar doesn't really work, but there's only ever a handful of people in there anyway so it's no problem for me to just browse them all one by one.

The only problem with being on PC is that I feel a bit like an outlaw. I can't mention it to anyone or they give me serious shit about it. And I live in constant fear that today might be the day they nerf something that invalidates the PC crack and all my access is gone unless I buy a mac. It's a big problem because it's hard to play EQ and not get attached to your characters. But it's hard to get attached to your characters thinking it could be taken away at any moment. And I also love it mainly for 6 boxing, which is a blast. So presumably I couldn't even buy a cheap mac, not that I would want to buy a computer just for one game anyway.

Long story short, I love EQ Mac. But I try not to love it too much, to prevent heart break :p
The PC hack isn't going to be fixed, there are too many other things that need to be fixed. The Bazaar only doesn't work for PC users, it is annoying but if you just /tell someone they can buy for you. Later on you'll find a guildee to trust who can sell for you. Nobody gives a shit if you are on a PC.

It sounds like you haven't played since before October. Things change.

I still play all the time, I just don't really talk to anyone or visit the forum. I did ask for help with a minor issue on the forum and got bitched at by the usual dick head suspects once they realized I was a PC user. And people do seem to give a shit, if anyone mentions it in game, the pitch forks come out.

But it's still one of the best MMO experiences you can get today. And weirdly, it's free :S

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just in case people hadn't ever tried to, you *can* sell stuff in the bazaar with the PC hack. You just can't look stuff up so you have to window shop a lot and sometimes guesstimate what price to put something at.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
PC users still have some limited search functionality. You can do searches for items, it just won't tell you who is selling it or for how much or direct you to them. However the search parameter inputs still function, so you can select individual sellers in the drop down and the item shows up, then you know it's from that seller; so you can select every name in the drop down and search every merchant to find the seller's name. Also you can set the price range at the bottom and if the item no longer shows up then you know it's not in that range.

Toogood_sl

shitlord
funny thing is only thing keeping this server a float are the Pc players but mention you're a pc player in alliance chat and see what happens bunch of mac faggots come out the closet to tell you how you're ruining the server and are a cheater lawlz

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
set this up NP on my PC using the guide posted a few pages back. loving it so far. huge nostalgia.... despite being open up to PoP, EQMac *feels* more classic than P99 does. i'm not gonna give up on my P99 toons or anything, but i definitely am enjoying having a place to get away from P99 drama.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah, and there's a GM event going on this weekend on EQMac. my toon is too low level still.

from the alliance channel i gather that there were boss mobs killed in West Commonlands and East Karana so far. still a boss mob in Qeynos Hills, and apparently all of Rathe Mountains became hard as hell.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
oh yeah, and there's a GM event going on this weekend on EQMac. my toon is too low level still.

from the alliance channel i gather that there were boss mobs killed in West Commonlands and East Karana so far. still a boss mob in Qeynos Hills, and apparently all of Rathe Mountains became hard as hell.
Awesome... didn't know there was an event. Special loots of any kind?

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just downloaded this and attempting to get the PC fix working. Really excited to play some classic EQ again.

I'm not sure how common stuff is on this server, but does anyone have any relatively low end twink stuff I could borrow? I think that I'm going to be rocking cracked staves and dying to snake venom in the foreseeable future.

-Edit - Just got into game. I have to say, even just interacting with the original game interface prior to creating my character is a serious blast of nostalgia. I can't believe that it has taken me this long to set this up.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
had an easier time starting out on EQMac than i have on any other server. my iksar shadow knight is already almost level 16, with only 10 hours /played. MGBs rock, but they almost make it too easy.
smile.png

Awesome... didn't know there was an event. Special loots of any kind?
i stuff being linked in the alliance channel, but i'm not familiar enough with Luclin/PoP era stuff to tell if any of it was GM-event-only loot.

kudos

<Banned>
My druid and warrior are almost level 4. I forgot how fucking long and hard it is to start fresh in old school eq.