EQMac Now Free to Play

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Because too many people box PL their alts, groups were far too rare.

Hence me wanting to find at least one person to start with, even duoing would be highly preferable to soloing. I'm not a boxing fan myself so I kinda ruled that out as well.

Sounds bad. The only reason I would ever want to play EQ is for good group content. Raids, soloing, small groups and mediocre group content is all done far better elsewhere. To me the one main attraction of this game would have been to do Lguk or Sebilis or whatever with a good team.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Why in God's name isn't there a broadcast before the server reboots? Or a forced character save? Nothing like dinging 15 seconds before the server goes down, then logging back in and seeing I'm at 74% into the previous level. And those 'soandso saved.' messages are bullshit, because I got one 4 minutes before being kicked.

I don't want to be 'that guy', but christ. It's gotta be one line in a shutdown script or something.
Yeah no server broadcast before a reboot sucks. For future reference though i believe Hobart wil announce all unscheduled downtime here:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...discussion.35/

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I should mention that I lost about an hour's worth of exp. I strongly suggest that people force a save by zoning or camping if they get a valuable drop.

Shuuhei_sl

shitlord
Because too many people box PL their alts, groups were far too rare.

Hence me wanting to find at least one person to start with, even duoing would be highly preferable to soloing. I'm not a boxing fan myself so I kinda ruled that out as well.
I just got to level 13 with my troll warrior Swag, my girlfiend just got 17 on her druid. We normally play 2-4 hours a night during the week and 6-8 hours each on saturday / sunday. We are on mountain standard time though so I do not know how that would work for you.

Like Blue, you gotta be a little more proactive to get groups going. IE make the groups yourself. Good to see dev work is being done to eqmac, I imagine pop will slowly increase from here on out.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Like Blue, you gotta be a little more proactive to get groups going. IE make the groups yourself. Good to see dev work is being done to eqmac, I imagine pop will slowly increase from here on out.
Pretty much this. When i leveled i did 1 to 20 solo, it was the most painful thing in any MMO i've ever done (on a warrior, sigh). Almost made me quit, but i started looking around for people my level at prime time (forget middle of the day) and arrange groups. After a while we had a regular exp group going and went through other zones than the XP highway of Alkabor, it wasn't as efficient but sure was a lot more fun.
Even then i still had many a night where i didn't do shit because not everyone was on, however situation is vastly different now since the accounts are F2P and everyone super box their alts to victory.
If any of you need help for shit like seb keys, buffs or a port or w/e send me a tell in game, i don't really have alts nowadays but if you make it to 46 i'll gladly do a PoJ trial for you and help ya xp in valor for a bit though.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm willing to start a toon with anyone here, but rolling as a random newb did not work for me.

Please PM or respond in thead if interested, I'm def not getting my EQ fix on MQ/SEQ infested P99.
Hey I have 3 chars, level 4 cleric, sk, and enchanter, and I am looking for people to play/group with. add ismaris to friends list in-game and we can certainly group

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
I've got 11 war/clr been sort of waiting on friends to roll here but they aren't showing too much promise. I'm totally down for scheduled groups.

Wrathbane

Golden Knight of the Realm
Decided to start back up my War/Sham duo. If anyone is in the level 30-35 range keep an eye out for Squishem and Tearia. I normally play after 10pm EST and I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere.

Shlauwbax_sl

shitlord
Right before I get to character selection window, it gives me that black "You have been disconnected" screen. Anyone have a clue how I fix this?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Your eqw.dll file is getting caught by your antivirus, you pretty much have to disable everything to play EQmac.

Shlauwbax_sl

shitlord
Your eqw.dll file is getting caught by your antivirus, you pretty much have to disable everything to play EQmac.
Is that what it definitely is? I tried to disable everything.

One issue I'm having is that my computer is 64 bit, but editing the ini file to 64 won't work.
Specifically:
VideoModeBitsPerPixel=
BitsPerPixel=

I save them to 64, but if I exit the file and come back in, they are back to 32.

Edit: Disabled avast, even turned off windows firewall, still getting the issue.

Edit 2: Turns out that avast had deleted the .dll file, I recopied it over - success!

Swagdaddy

reinstalling eqmac, will be sending a tell to some of y'all when i load in.

ITS GAME TIME

reinstalling eqmac, will be sending a tell to some of y'all when i load in.

ITS GAME TIME
/applaud Still havent played shit in days. Kinda made a bet with wife/busy working on side projects. I did get my druid to 14 on eq mac so i could sow a hommie. well see.

Swagdaddy

well im about to have surgery so ill be on my ass even more often then usual for awhile

Swagdaddy

In game on "Swampfeet" hit me up pals
smile.png

Also anyone know why my UI keeps resetting? Shits annoying pals, on PC hack obv.

smile.png

In game on "Swampfeet" hit me up pals
smile.png

Also anyone know why my UI keeps resetting? Shits annoying pals, on PC hack obv.
I started too, my UI seems to be ok although I get an error message in red every time I zone, but it seems to have no ill effects so far. Did you follow the instructions on page 1 carefully? They are kinda complicated and so easy to make a little mistake.

smile.png