EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
It can work , but I've had it lag out and get wonky holding down. And still I'd rather have a toggle even over holding down if I'm going through 100+ trees at a time for certain kinds of wood. (wood you're holding it in one place and not moving around any or so on to a toggle button works here , for me in mining I'm clearing a certain area path so likely wouldn't use a toggle on it)

Screenshots are a go now btw , they just posted how to take them on the Alpha forums, once the server comes up of course.

"First, if you want to hide your UI, you can use ALT+F10 to toggle the UI on and off.

When you find something you want an image of, you can take a screenshot by pressing CTRL+F12."

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah yeah, the guy seemed more upset when he went to build his house having to lay every tiny cube individually. Which was odd because in the dev videos you can seem them click and dragging to build quickly. Maybe he just had to hit shift or ctrl or something.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Agreed , also I saw Georgeson respond to someone on Twitter who was joking with him about arm hurting from clicking so much on harvesting trees.

Georgeson responded they were looking into making it a toggle on/off on the harvesting on Trees instead of individual clicks.

I would very much appreciate that.
They could and should, do the same thing with mining and make it stop when/if the reticle turns red.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ah yeah, the guy seemed more upset when he went to build his house having to lay every tiny cube individually. Which was odd because in the dev videos you can seem them click and dragging to build quickly. Maybe he just had to hit shift or ctrl or something.
BTW did you happen to notice how far along he had gotten ? All the ones I've come across in game are basic mudhut style ,(which is more than I have )and was wondering if saw any streamers who had gotten further along?

Corvid_sl

shitlord
I think this is because we don't have the "line tool" that the devs have in the videos. I do believe you have to craft it at some point.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
First Impression:

Game is beautiful if you can run it. The high the more impressive obviously.
Music is stunning
Very crowded. Not sure how they'll handle this in the future with a FTP model. I would be concern with fluctuating player amounts.
Tons of potential
Actually feels like the "next thing" in regards to the the Minecraft-esque genre.

EDIT.. I hate the map. Make it in a window or something with some transparency. I want to look/move a bit more fluidly.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW did you happen to notice how far along he had gotten ? All the ones I've come across in game are basic mudhut style ,(which is more than I have )and was wondering if saw any streamers who had gotten further along?
It was super basic. He literally just had some walls, couple windows and working on a door frame. His outer walls wern't even done yet. Not sure what he was using to build, think it was wood.

From what i've seen, almost every stream is people just gathering like mofos, probably stockpiling and making tools/equipment before even trying to build.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
you gotta build the tools to be able to do that, the line tool or some such heh.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that seems really weird that there is no way to 'flatten' a cube or drag out a line or anything. I'm guessing it must be tied to higher tier tools or I am missing something obvious, but even laying out a flat foundation is an exercise in frustration at the moment.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Muligan brings up an interesting possible problem once it launches.

How will they handle the F2P possibility of massive overcrowding of folks who do just enough to keep upkeep going. If 3-4 plots are easy for casual play , keeping one plot's upkeep will be trivial at most. They could end up with someone similar to the current situation unless they have something in mind for this.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
No clue as to how they'll resolve the crowding issue without making things worse. I do think they shouldn't worry so much about the MMO-factor and instead create maps that are 10x larger, but don't allow any construction on them. They'd be solely for hunting, gathering and harvesting materials to then take back to your own private instance(which you can build in) that you can either allow everyone into or set it to friends/guildmates. I'd very much prefer something along those lines than what we have now.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm

How will they handle the F2P possibility of massive overcrowding of folks who do just enough to keep upkeep going. If 3-4 plots are easy for casual play , keeping one plot's upkeep will be trivial at most. They could end up with someone similar to the current situation unless they have something in mind for this.
Make you craft or pay for a claim flag? I'll bet they put the build tools in there too, kinda p2w tho so maybe not.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

A lot of servers.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Theoretically since each continent is procedurally generated, they could continually create them to alleviate overcrowding at almost any time they want to. You also have to keep in mind that once they finish the other types of biomes, continent size might increase exponentially. We're also going to have a lot more reason to dig down. During alpha nothing is further than 100 feet down because they aren't finished working on it yet.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sucks, knowing me, the first thing I'd do when I logged into this would be to just dig straight down to see what happens.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like at least 13.5k today. Encouraging stuff if they keep this up and get a ton at the end it may yet get funded.

Still strongly feel they need to offer up some really nice 1k+ tiers. People clearly are willing to spend big on this. Not having any strong 1k+ tiers is holding back the total backing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like at least 13.5k today. Encouraging stuff if they keep this up and get a ton at the end it may yet get funded.

Still strongly feel they need to offer up some really nice 1k+ tiers. People clearly are willing to spend big on this. Not having any strong 1k+ tiers is holding back the total backing.
Lol wrong thread there.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That sucks, knowing me, the first thing I'd do when I logged into this would be to just dig straight down to see what happens.
I did that as well. Eventually it all just turns into dirt and you have no idea how to get out
tongue.png

Another thing to keep in mind, once combat and health/death are implemented, claim spaces are not going to be taken up so fast. I get the feeling that this game is going to be a huge time investment once they have all of their systems in place.