EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

misery_sl

shitlord
Pretty much normal happenings for an alpha, but now they have tons of paying customers with expectations that are much too high waiting on them to fix every little thing. I almost feel sorry for them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel bad for the developers. Without open alpha they'd probably just figure it out on MOnday but they have to stay up and work on the weekends to fix it now.

I must say, having only just recently been paying to EQN/L recently, I don't get the Georgeson hate just based on his demeanor (not history). He seems really passionate. I guess that comes off as snake oil salesman to some but it seems genuine to me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Gonna need some pictures of stuff you guys are building. Preferably in cathedral form.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I feel bad for the developers. Without open alpha they'd probably just figure it out on MOnday but they have to stay up and work on the weekends to fix it now.

I must say, having only just recently been paying to EQN/L recently, I don't get the Georgeson hate just based on his demeanor (not history). He seems really passionate. I guess that comes off as snake oil salesman to some but it seems genuine to me.
Yeah he's good in my book for now.

I never really had any context for him... only ever saw him in EQN early marketing videos which were meh.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I gotta think it was Smed that put them in this idiotic launch weekend idea.

lol, either way the open communication is refreshing.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Smedley_sl said:
Catapults. Siege warfare. Dragons knocking down walls. Ahh the future is good

Freakin smed tease
I've only played for like 20 minutes and the game wasnt cooperating with my graphics card. Well, alpha. But just running (at like 5fps lol) through a great looking world with the above quote on the horizon, I gotta say right now I feel All In with what EQN will eventually bring to the table.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Pretty much normal happenings for an alpha, but now they have tons of paying customers with expectations that are much too high waiting on them to fix every little thing. I almost feel sorry for them.
Yup. I feel bad for them, but in a way, SOE brought this on themselves by doing alpha this way. They kinda made it seem like "Hey! Come play before your friends!!" and I doubt everyone who paid to play this even realizes what alpha actually is.

But major kudos to Georgeson for tweeting updates all night.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yup. I feel bad for them, but in a way, SOE brought this on themselves by doing alpha this way. They kinda made it seem like "Hey! Come play before your friends!!" and I doubt everyone who paid to play this even realizes what alpha actually is.

But major kudos to Georgeson for tweeting updates all night.
Kudos. Fuck that.

I pull all nighters very frequently for probably 1/4 what this guy makes in a year.

Bitch better stay up fixing it all night.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
the tutorial videos are also located inside the "tutorial" map in EQ Landmark folder.
Anyone else getting "Your account is not autherized to access the game at this time" when they press play button on launcher?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, them being there all night should be par for the course. However, I do appreciate that they gave a detailed explanation of what broke on the thread in the forums. I hope that kind of stuff keeps coming as development goes on.

As far as not realizing what an alpha is? That's nobody's fault but their own. I think SOE sold too many Founder's packs, but everyone who bought in should be prepared for weeks, if not months, of shit like this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
the tutorial videos are also located inside the "tutorial" map in EQ Landmark folder.
Anyone else getting "Your account is not autherized to access the game at this time" when they press play button on launcher?
My launcher isn't even coming up half the time. I think they're still down/broken.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Until about 3 minutes ago. Now I get in to inactive servers.