EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been enjoying the alpha very much. The building is very good even in this early form. I remember saying how much potential Minecraft had but after playing this game I have to update that statement to Landmark.

Has anyone been able to select a region like a 10x10 area using the select tool and filled in? I can't seem to figure out that tool. :-(

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm ready for procedurally generated caves under the surface - already finding myself getting bored with the slog of mining and tree chopping for burled wood, even with a legendary pickaxe + good gear. Maybe I just need to fire up another movie so I can play the game by not paying attention to it lol.

misery_sl

shitlord
I didn't think building would keep me interested for very long. How wrong I was. I stayed up until 6 in the morning building onto my castle. Consider me addicted. Minecraft didn't have this appeal because it's ugly as fuck, but this game is different.

Fixes are coming like clockwork. Also, this is a good chance for some of you to get some awesome claims if you want.
I would look for a claim, but unfortunately my castle is built into a mountain, so using a template might not actually work since I won't be able to fit the template to anything but the mountain I'm working with.

Apostolos

There were some amazing houses that people made in EQ2, and I can really see that kind of creativity take hold here as well. The part I am really hoping I can get down is detail work such as sculpting into stone and scrollwork etc..

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Want to try to start building something tonight. Should be interesting as I'm probably the least creative person on this board.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm ready for procedurally generated caves under the surface - already finding myself getting bored with the slog of mining and tree chopping for burled wood, even with a legendary pickaxe + good gear. Maybe I just need to fire up another movie so I can play the game by not paying attention to it lol.
And now you see why I didn't buy this game. I will certainly check out EQN (though I remain very dubious on the long term potential of that game) - but having burned out on Minecraft in 2 1/2 weeks I knew this game wouldn't have any hold on me at all. For those who do like the mining and the building, more power to you - and hopefully you'll all build like madman once Beta/Live hits so I can check out EQN that much earlier
biggrin.png

Anomander Rake

I didn't think building would keep me interested for very long. How wrong I was. I stayed up until 6 in the morning building onto my castle. Consider me addicted. Minecraft didn't have this appeal because it's ugly as fuck, but this game is different.

Fixes are coming like clockwork. Also, this is a good chance for some of you to get some awesome claims if you want.
I would look for a claim, but unfortunately my castle is built into a mountain, so using a template might not actually work since I won't be able to fit the template to anything but the mountain I'm working with.
Where is your build?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I enjoy the travel. I usually end up running thru several builds people are doing that I either missed, or weren't up when I passed by the last time. The explorer in me loves that I am forced to spend time on foot (or wire!) to get around. I for one am against fast travel, I feel it's a gateway to other evils and conveniences that ruin community, and the overall vibe these games aim to give off.

Anomander Rake

From Reddit:

"You can use the selection tool and completely surround any tree, plant, rock, etc in your claim and then make a template of it. You can then place and even rotate them in your claim. Upside down trees? Yes, it is now possible! =]"

Also from Reddit:EQNLM Crafting - Imgur, a handy dandy page with images from almost all, if not all recipes screenshots. Great for people with more than one monitor that don't want to write down a recipe list every time they leave their claim
smile.png

misery_sl

shitlord
Where is your build?
Serenity Watershed. It's far from complete though, and I am not the best architect. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it, though. It's really just the base. The castle hasn't even been started yet for the most part.

Oh, and now that I found out you can make custom stained glass windows and duplicate trees/plants to place anywhere on your claim I have a lot more work to do.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the game has got pretty good potential. Some sort interactive building tutorial might be cool and helpful. For some things, I'm not sure if I don't have the right tool yet or if I'm not using the tool properly to do what I want.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too bad I still cant remove 3 trees and a big boulder on my claim. The shit wont highlight at all. I'd ideally just move them to the very edge of my claim so I can use them for wood when I need it.

I'm half tempted to just try to build a mini Kelethin after I finish gathering.

Anomander Rake

Want to try to start building something tonight. Should be interesting as I'm probably the least creative person on this board.
I'm no architect myself, but the beauty of Landmark is travelling around the game(and Reddit) to see other peoples builds, and steal the parts that you like!

Anomander Rake

Too bad I still cant remove 3 trees and a big boulder on my claim. The shit wont highlight at all. I'd ideally just move them to the very edge of my claim so I can use them for wood when I need it.

I'm in the same boat - I have 2 large trees and one boulder that will highlight, but won't budge. I have a feeling that because some of the branches are outside of the top of my claim, it is setting off some rule to keep trees from being deleted anywhere
frown.png

misery_sl

shitlord

I had this annoying floating plant right above my foundation that I couldn't remove. Then I clicked that thing a thousand times from every spot my character would move to and with different camera angles until it finally highlighted. Pressed delete, and viola. They might be making it easier, I hope.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_59343.jpg
I want this mining axe, sweet jesus the size. Who needs to clear around and make sure you get everything, just whack in one direction and done.