EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I know claims are probably still fucked and disappearing, but does anyone know of any publicly-available crafting stations? I have already lost three sets of the tier 1-2 stations and am bummed out at the thought of making them again :/ I have wasted so many fucking resources to this voxel bug shit.
You're welcome to come use my stuff in Liberation-Vent, though it is a couple minute run from the spires to get to my claim.

Huge pics are huge but here's my location
rrr_img_59311.jpg
rrr_img_59312.jpg

Inside that little cave are my stations

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There any open claim areas around you Skanda? I spent lunch hour looking for one to no avail across about 4 or 5 zones on Courage and about 3 on Serenity. I didn't really want to have to walk forever every time I ported somewhere, but at this point I just need to start playing with the build tools.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I can see a couple of obvious spots in the desert west of me that are open. The top of my mountain was open for several days but when I got up this morning I had a new neighbor living above me.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
so my character and all belongings poofed... had to make a new character... CS wont restore. My brother gave me a tungston pick, but this blows.

Anyway, gladly accepting charity in the form of gold or burled logs. Cheers :p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They should at least restore your founders items. SOE said those will never be taken away.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
To all people needed high level (or any level) crafting.

Courage - Shallows (Tier 3 zone) Has a few places near the spire with all the tables.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was trying to wrap my head around how they are going to get water to work in this game with having the voxels heal themselves over time.
Minecraft water physics work relatively well.

Minecraft fluids have two forms: a "source" form, which is static (it would be the self-healing voxel from worldgen, or placed voxels on your claim), and a "flowing" form which is temporary. All voxels of water will generate a full flowing water voxel below themselves if there's no voxel present, or will generate a flowing voxel water with 1 less intensity of water on any empty voxel next to them. There's regular recalculation, so if a flowing voxel of, say, intensity 3 discovers it has no voxels of flowing water of intensity 4 around it, it decreases until 0, at which point it drains.

The result is simple, yet quasi realistic: any source, placed, creates a stream of flowing water that follows the path to the lowest elevation around, where it stops. Put a barrage, the flows stops. Remove the barrage, the flow resumes. The water itself can't "pool", so you can't fill up a valley with your dingy water source, but you get realistic streams. Same for other fluids (on basic minecraft, that's only lava and curiously, not milk which isn't a fluid, but people have added Oil and other liquids using the same physics)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I am on Serenity - Scarp. Just go directly south and up the small hill (it's been 1/2 excavated) for my station. I have a tin work bench, marble forge, t1 sawmill, and sifter, if you need any of those.
I'm on Serenity - Scarp also. Got Rubicite Trimmed Workbench, Amaranthine Forge and Cobalt Reinforced Saw Table open for use. Just need the final table that recycles Dust/Sand/Stone into ore/gems and that's everything (in the middle of mining 10,000 Burled Wood ><). Those recycling tables are crap so far though - you can mine what they give you quicker than the recycling process.

rrr_img_59318.jpg

As far as those Keen Eye Bands go they are the basic item. Items go to three decimal places in this game. Regular (Green)Keen Eye Bands are around 1.400, rare are around 1.75. The game rounds up or down on the item itself but you get the exact stat.

The Upgrade is called Assessor's Mark. Green ones are around 3.4 and blue are around 3.8-4.1. The Workbench I have can knock them out.

Ingredients are :

20 Elemental Silver
5 Silver Ingots
200 Emerald
20 Tungsten Ingots

I have about 5 or 6 Green ones spare in game if anyone wants a couple. Send a tell to Flight (think chat is working ?).

One piece of advice I'd give about Harvesting tools is don't waste time harvesting materials to try and make more than a couple of Picks to get decent stats once you get past the first two or three. The stats on them just go up and up as you work through the tiers and you can get the next tier one quicker than harvesting for multiple tries at the level you are at. Here's the stats I have on my Indigo axe :

rrr_img_59323.jpg

Axes are different though. Going from Copper to Gold makes no difference in what can be gathered with them (presently Copper Axe can harvest any tree in the game) and you have to harvest 500 Burled for each Gold you try to make. My suggestion is soon as you can spend an hour or two gathering copper in a tier 1 zone and make 15-20 Copper Axes, keeping the best one. My Copper Axe is 100+ speed and 60 damage while out of 6 attempts at Gold Axe the best stats were 70 Speed and 60 Damage (got unlucky mind, all Green). The only difference is Gold Axe has a tier 6 rating while the copper has a tier 1 rating, but as I said Copper Axe can being down any tree right now - it's just a matter of standing in the right spot at the base of the big trees.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They should at least restore your founders items. SOE said those will never be taken away.
Current bug, deleted characters that are remade aren't getting anything back. Georgeson noted it on Twitter. You are supposed to get your items back with every character but may be tomorrow before they have that fixed.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Can we only equip two things? I see two accessory slots but 3 more 'foot' icon patches. But my runspeed item takes the spot of an accessory.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Minecraft water physics work relatively well.
Minecraft does not use voxels.

I agree that Minecraft does water fairly well.

I assume water will function similarly but I also assume voxels present tougher challenges with implementation.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
I kind of feel shafted with the Founder's Pickaxe being so replaceable, and it's not optional either, you have to replace your Founder's Pickaxe to progress. The Founder's Pickaxe should either be a cosmetic skin applied to whatever pickaxe you're currently using or there should be seperate Founder Pickaxe recipes as you progress up the ratings. They billed it as some sort of special super pickaxe but you have to replace that thing within the first day or two of crafting progression.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
If T5 trees were in game you would be able to go harvest them at character creation, they just are not in yet. I do agree, makes it seem lackluster. I hope by the time release rolls around they will be a bit more fleshed out.