EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Primalchrome_sl

shitlord
Anyone know of a spreadsheet that shows the normal stat range for green items of a particular type? I crafted a Legendary last night but the item's prefix is "An Inferior..." That being said, the stats are absolutely amazing and I was wondering how it stacked up against a green.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The claims map would probably be a lot clearer if they had an option to show the space that was available to build, instead of the confusing jumble of overlapping rectangles.

I'm having fun collecting shit and building stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of things to do in about 1 week.
Yeah, the long-term interest is suspect right now. They need to add a lot more to do, or it's going to be just like Minecraft where people play in huge bursts and then just get bored.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yeah, the long-term interest is suspect right now. They need to add a lot more to do, or it's going to be just like Minecraft where people play in huge bursts and then just get bored.
I think we'll start to see something more than just Minecraft HD once they get the AI tools in.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
The claims map would probably be a lot clearer if they had an option to show the space that was available to build, instead of the confusing jumble of overlapping rectangles.
DG said they are overhauling the claim display on maps, so that you'll just see red and blue. Red where you can't build and blue where you can. Also, the "buffer box" thing on everyone's claims aren't going to be visible anymore, to avoid confusion (though they will still be there, in function).

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
My understanding is that you keep your templates and Trailblazer items, but lose everything else (claims, resources, crafted items).

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm having fun with what's there. I would agree but with the promise of a lot of new features coming, it should keep my interest for a while. Even if I stop playing for a bit, I'd definitely return for new systems that get implemented.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'm having fun with what's there. I would agree but with the promise of a lot of new features coming, it should keep my interest for a while. Even if I stop playing for a bit, I'd definitely return for new systems that get implemented.
For someone like me that sucks at building, I am hoping the harvesting / crafting expands and the market doesn't get killed by bot teams.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
For someone like me that sucks at building, I am hoping the harvesting / crafting expands and the market doesn't get killed by bot teams.
I'm bad, too. I made a face in the mountain and had him hold up a shitty pixel guy. It's high in the air for to see and love. Shitty twitter pic inc (lol can't even see the face):

rrr_img_59400.jpg

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know if the tiers are supposed to be underground eventually? When they initially pitched the game, they showed the various depth layers (blue, crystal, red crystal, lava, etc). It would be nice if you could find all the materials in your world, though I guess that reduces your drive to visit other islands
We're probably going to get tier 4 & 5 islands in alpha, but if I understand right, what beta should give us is tier 1-3 islands, with something like 100-300m deep being tier 2-4, and 300m and down being tier 3-5. Basically, beyond tier 3, we're going to need to dig to underground caves and check them for their deposits. There's a specific tool called a Pulverizer that's not available now, and which removes very large quantities of stone/dirt voxels (without dropping the resources) to quickly hunt for such caves.
Are they wiping everything after alpha? Or will we be able to keep our templates?
From what I remember there's two wipes:

Alpha -> Closed beta: lose everything, except templates
Closed beta -> Open beta: lose claims, keep inventory and templates

(and of course, "open beta"->"release" = what? we're on release now? since when?)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
We're probably going to get tier 4 & 5 islands in alpha, but if I understand right, what beta should give us is tier 1-3 islands, with something like 100-300m deep being tier 2-4, and 300m and down being tier 3-5. Basically, beyond tier 3, we're going to need to dig to underground caves and check them for their deposits. There's a specific tool called a Pulverizer that's not available now, and which removes very large quantities of stone/dirt voxels (without dropping the resources) to quickly hunt for such caves.

From what I remember there's two wipes:

Alpha -> Closed beta: lose everything, except templates
Closed beta -> Open beta: lose claims, keep inventory and templates

(and of course, "open beta"->"release" = what? we're on release now? since when?)
Ah I didn't know about keeping the inventory bit between closed and open beta , had assumed would be a wipe other than templates.

Would be nice to keep all the mined stuff.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Pics of my quarter built project:

Spoilered because I'm far too lazy to resize them.
rrr_img_59407.jpg
rrr_img_59408.jpg
rrr_img_59409.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the smooth tool work? I see a lot of buildings that still have the pixel/8 bit look and wondering why people don't smooth everything out.