EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

misery_sl

shitlord
Does the smooth tool work? I see a lot of buildings that still have the pixel/8 bit look and wondering why people don't smooth everything out.
It works. I think a lot of people are getting the outside down the way they want before they start smoothing. For me, I want my buildings to have a blocky look. It looks like it is make from bricks or blocks, and I think it's a good look for what I'm building.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is what I was working on yesterday - my first attempt. Not sure if I am going to keep it, just started with an idea and went from there. And there is no smooth on it yet from me, still deciding if I am going to tear it down and start over - if the plot was bigger I would have had towers where the planters were on top (going from the bottom, through and above).

rrr_img_59415.jpg
rrr_img_59416.jpg
rrr_img_59417.jpg
rrr_img_59418.jpg
rrr_img_59419.jpg
rrr_img_59420.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Does the smooth tool work? I see a lot of buildings that still have the pixel/8 bit look and wondering why people don't smooth everything out.
It's generally better to complete what you want to build (or at least template it) before you smooth. Things seem harder to edit after you've already smoothed them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ah I didn't know about keeping the inventory bit between closed and open beta , had assumed would be a wipe other than templates.
That's what they announced (from memory). It might change, but yea, did notice that.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Per FAQ

End of Closed Beta Wipe

Timing: Occurs at the end of Closed Beta testing, which begins on or before 3-31-14
Character: Your character and all progression will be retained.
Claims: Your claim(s) will be wiped. All claims will be templated so that you have blueprints of what you built.
Resources and Collected Objects: All resources and collected objects will be retained.

People are going to have huge numbers of rares at launch it seems

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I remember that somewhere as well..would be insane to allow people to keep their mats.
Full mats, templates, and 2 days headstart = when the plebe logs in, he's surrounded by awesome stuff and goes "whoa". Don't underestimated the initial impression factor that non-founders would get from this.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Per FAQ

End of Closed Beta Wipe

Timing: Occurs at the end of Closed Beta testing, which begins on or before 3-31-14
Character: Your character and all progression will be retained.
Claims: Your claim(s) will be wiped. All claims will be templated so that you have blueprints of what you built.
Resources and Collected Objects: All resources and collected objects will be retained.

People are going to have huge numbers of rares at launch it seems
Yeah closed will be the time you go all out mining/gathering. As its pretty much a soft launch at that point.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What kind of market will there be then? 100000000 rares already out there. hmmmm
Will there even be a currency or trading post? I would think Sony isn't too concerned with having a stable market in this type of game. It's about building stuff after all. The progression stuff is there for players that really need carrots (ie: don't like building shit) but really the main point is to build and building stuff actually does take an enormous amount of materials. Once players can have multiple claims and link them together the requirements will grow exponentially. I can see a huge market for "farmers" actually, though I'm not sure what exactly they would want for compensation... maybe just seeing cool projects get completed would be enough? I can definitely see communal projects happening. Would be cool to have another "Minas Tirith" type of build ... not necessarily building Minas Tirith again but on the original FoH Minecraft server there were like 20+ people involved and people were divided into "classes"... miners/builders/planners/etc.