EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Think you are over estimating the impact a small closed beta group will have on what I suspect will be a very, very large population post launch.
Possibly. I was thinking of farmers with Blazer package that includes 4 closed beta keys.

If they don't care about the claim placement they could just farm the hell out of everything and flood the market.

I know there are a ton more variables coming...just initial thoughts as it seems easy to farm atm.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Fairly sure I could see some folks heavy into building something massive paying a few bucks for the upper tier rares they need.

If they want to build and display an impressive design to then sell their own templates especially.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What kind of market will there be then? 100000000 rares already out there. hmmmm
Well given that all the resources pretty much are consumable in this game probably not to big of a deal especially if it lets people start creating crazy stuff faster. Really seeing people making insane castles and things are what is going to make SOE money with landmark so anything that helps speed that up the better for them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
thanks for the swatch pic Lenas - just needs the wood in there.
rrr_img_59434.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also since the plan is pretty much to not have tiered zones but to have the higher level materials found deeper in the earth harvesting those rares in theory is going to get at least a good bit harder than just running around spotting a node half a mile away and beelining to it.

Right now we are in the most basic worlds possible with all the resources as easy as possible to harvest just to test the basic functionality of the game and the tools.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Also since the plan is pretty much to not have tiered zones but to have the higher level materials found deeper in the earth harvesting those rares in theory is going to get at least a good bit harder than just running around spotting a node half a mile away and beelining to it.
Awww.

rrr_img_59435.jpg

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was thinking about the picture on the last page with the dude imprisoning the other dude in his house. Can't he just warp to ground? If he couldn't imagine how great it would be when the game launches to have a free raffle for a legendary top tier pick, where everyone must be present to win. Run up some stairs, brick over the exit, and log out.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who will be the first to make a giant Shiny Riveted Gold Penis? + Nets if you do. Extra nets for erupting lava.
haha lava eruption is not yet implemented. I am really curious how and if they will do water/lava it sounds like they do plan on implementing them but I am curious if players will get tools for using them in their constructions.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awww.

rrr_img_59435.jpg
HAHA exactly. Eventually people are going to have to be spelunking in caverns deep below the ground to get the good stuff and by that time they want to implement falling damage and environmental damage from things like lava and probably monsters as well. I would not get to hung up quite yet by the literal fields of gold we are currently seeing as I STRONGLY doubt it is going to be quite like this when it goes live.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
haha lava eruption is not yet implemented. I am really curious how and if they will do water/lava it sounds like they do plan on implementing them but I am curious if players will get tools for using them in their constructions.
You will have a bucket tool with which to gather water/lava, so the assumption is that you will also be able to place it in your claim in some fashion. Who knows if it'll actually be capable of fluid motion, though.

I was thinking about the picture on the last page with the dude imprisoning the other dude in his house. Can't he just warp to ground? If he couldn't imagine how great it would be when the game launches to have a free raffle for a legendary top tier pick, where everyone must be present to win. Run up some stairs, brick over the exit, and log out.
Right after I took the screenshot I renamed my plot to Dingpong's Tomb and he flipped his shit. After listening to him bitch for 10 minutes or so I asked him if he was able to just Evac out and he said he couldn't so I let him out. It was so tempting to keep him trapped though.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Another shot for giving a lonely claim-less adventurer permission on their claim tonight?

Anomander Rake

Dude, you can totally help me out - if I'm not done. I am building out the house on top of my claim at the moment! We might even tear some shit apart and rebuild.

Anomander Rake

Serenity and Scarp. if you go back a page you will see what it looks like so far - I plan on being on most of the night, EST. Thinking about losing the 4 spheres on the bottom, and building a giant square room with the ceiling 1/2 way up and around the center workspace column (the square room the entirety of the claim space dimension), and possible healing all the dirt back over it. Making some rooms down there. Not sure I love the diamond platform, and was thinking of smoothing into a circle - totally up for suggestions.