EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I finally sat around and played with the build tools. Regular 90 and 45 degree structures seem pretty easy to build, and once you kinda get the hang of it, you can put up stuff pretty quick. The problem I am having is that I was wanting to make more detailed carvings. You can do it by using the smallest voxel size and then using the blend tool to, but holy crap is it tedious. You need to save your work as a template every couple of minutes so you don't mess up your work.

Going to try and make two pillars with this guy carved on them this weekend: (gonna be really hard)

rrr_img_59515.jpg

Meatus_sl

shitlord
Anyone have any idea if it's possible to make a template of a complete house or something large in 1 template?
I made a staircase around a tree I'd like to save.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
fyi..having decent luck on sapphires and rubies with the sifting machine.

4 Indigo picks and all blue. (Even with 2 crafting bracers)

I am unlucky

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've been hitting mining pretty hard, developed a pretty reliable system of finding Rubies. Sapphires are the rarest of the gemstones because there's only a single vein type that has them.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I've been hitting mining pretty hard, developed a pretty reliable system of finding Rubies. Sapphires are the rarest of the gemstones because there's only a single vein type that has them.
Rubies only drop on lone rubicite...never heard of another way to get. (Besides sifting)

Apostolos

Any word on what tonight's update is about or when? (will go play a tournament if servers will be down)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
More screenshots please! Also if anyone knows of a good stream or Youtuber that updates frequently that'd be great.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, I love you artistic/creator types. I find all of this stuff so fucking cool. I didn't get alpha pack because I absolutely hate building myself, not to mention I suck at it.

But if the combat in this game is any fun at all it's going to be a blast not only playing through whatever SoE creates but all of these badass random player "servers"/claims whatever they will be called. I just hope there is some mechanic to help peons like me filter out the crap the stellar stuff via some kind of player driven category and rating system.

PS. Who is building the starship enterprise for me? 1701D please

misery_sl

shitlord
Force put out an awesome video showcasing the building tools and their many uses. I actually learned quite a bit from the video. Anyone who thinks you need a master's degree in architecture to build in Landmark should watch, or anyone who thinks they still have more to learn. I thought I knew all the tools, and I still learned a lot. N key, adding mats into selection areas with the selection tool, and quite a bit more.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
One of the awesome things about Landmark is that you can build an entire castle out of dirt blocks. Rooms and all. Then you can paint it into stone/wood/etc and smooth it all down later.
This is what I'm doing. So god damn much stone I figured I might as well get started and then paint the building later so it looks good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sapphires are absolutely wrecking me right now. Spent all morning farming every Cobalt vein in T3 desert and have 59 Sapphire. One gave me 56 and the other gave me 3, lol. It is also a PITA because, at least for me, the skin for Sapphire isn't in. So once you reach the end of the Cobalt vein and don't see any Red, you can whack and clear all around trying to see if there is actually Sapphire or not. Aggrifrustrating.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Picked up my claim and moved to Serenity - Scarp last night. Started on a kelethin themed spot since the claim I found had a few huge trees in it. Keep running out of wood, though :/

rrr_img_59527.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you spend any amount of time upgrading your picks you will not want for wood for a while. I think I have 50k at the moment and I'm only up to Silversteel.

And for the guy that asked about picks, if you have a really good bronze but a shitty iron, use the bronze to mine what it can and then switch to Iron for doing the Silver level stuff when needed, which is what I did. You'll induce less hair pulling this way. When I upgraded to silversteel it came out blue so yay for that.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so every pick you create gets random stats and % change to be rare etc.. ?
Just trying to understand the talk of picks here, right now i just have my Stone (came with creation) and my Copper (crafted)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah you can even roll items with shitty stats. I got an iron pick with a 'slow' attribute
frown.png

So far I have two +2 discovery bands, +1 run speed, +2 jump height... Just wish I could wear them all at the same time. What the fuck are the three 'foot' slots on the bottom of the hero screen for, anyway?

Anomander Rake

Too slow. Now that I have been using the select tool, building has just been opened up to a realm of never-ending possibilities. In that advanced tool build, they were doing stuff like clicking the mouse the fill a selection, or smooth what was already selected. Is that stuff not in yet?