EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yup. Definitely. I like building stuff but not enough to fight through losing claims, resources etc.
I haven't had a single voxel or prop disappear since their last claim fix. There will be a wipe at the end of alpha, but maybe still worth getting in early to familiarize yourself with crafting progression and tool use. Closed -> Open beta there will be a claim wipe, but you will keep all items, resources and templates.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had a single voxel or prop disappear since their last claim fix. There will be a wipe at the end of alpha, but maybe still worth getting in early to familiarize yourself with crafting progression and tool use. Closed -> Open beta there will be a claim wipe, but you will keep all items, resources and templates.
Even with wipes, templates will still save all your work, except for the fact you need to re-harvest the resources. My gameplan is to build everything with dirt and template the "molds" then can create copies and paint however I want, as many times as I want.

I havent lost any work yet since they fixed the bugs with the world healing itself.

Arterial

N00b
Even with wipes, templates will still save all your work, except for the fact you need to re-harvest the resources. My gameplan is to build everything with dirt and template the "molds" then can create copies and paint however I want, as many times as I want.

I havent lost any work yet since they fixed the bugs with the world healing itself.
Moku ? :p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'll hop in sooner then, I'm playing EQ atm though. Plus I'd like to wait until there are more features in the game.

When is beta expected to hit?

Menion_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'll hop in sooner then, I'm playing EQ atm though. Plus I'd like to wait until there are more features in the game.

The Closed Beta starts NLT 31 March and that requires the $19.99 Settlers pack to play in fulltime. IIRC there are short term access codes for players who want to get in during beta and those are free. Not sure when Open/Soft release is yet. They are supposed to release their feature plan / roadmap for Alpha this week.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
My guess is the closed beta will launch immediately after they put in combat and it doesn't go boom. If it's reasonably stable they'll launch CB immediately after , or if necessary work out rough spots in combat then do it the next week.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

On or before March 31st. However, alpha was scheduled to hit on or before February 28, so take that as you will.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Oh I know , just will be a long , long time before getting to that level as building isn't my thing. Although I hope to corner the burled wood market .............

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I've started work on my project and clearing the 80x80x160 area and marking it up took about 3 hours. It's a good thing that templates will be saved.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pro tip - you absolutely need to use, or get if you don't have, the selection tool. It made my builds 20x's faster. Much like you I manually deleted and marked out my first build, voxel by voxel. You can delete the entirety (well minus the edges, that's another step) of any soil from your claim in one click. Making a line from one end of your claim to the other is just a click as well. Thin walls are super easy, and copy pasting stuff cuts build times down even more.