EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's not accurate at all from everything I've read about Landmark. I've heard nothing about being able to jump between Next and Landmark with the same characters. Since there's only a single class for Landmark and 40+ for Next I doubt you'll ever see that sort of functionality. They've been fairly clear so far about Landmark being it's own game on it's own servers.
I'm pretty sure Dave said in one video that the wizard spires in Landmark not only connect world locations, but also other servers, and EQNext itself. For some reason I'm specifically remembering him saying the characters could move between games. I'll look for it... I think it was one of the SOELive panels.

Edit: Found it. 24 minutes in. Works a bit differently than I thought, but still.

Everquest Next - Gamescom 2013 Full Presentation - YouTube

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Tbh I dislike the idea of linking the two games beyond importing SOE-approved items/buildings through the player store or SOE using playermade stuff for their own designs.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Even after watching that video it didn't sound like you'd be able to transfer characters between the two games. He mentioned by playing Landmark you'd unlock the adventurer class for Next and when they mentioned Spire travel I took the server talk to mean between Landmark servers and not involving Next.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Flight_sl said:
4. They are referring to what we think of as servers as 'continents'. Some will have restricted 'rulesets'. This is because Landmark will offer sci-fi as well as traditional and fantasy themes. Some will be limited to purely what would fit in in Norrath, for example. Your character can freely move between these continents/server but each is limited to 2000 players (whether this is dynamic or not is unstated).
This isn't totally correct. The servers will not have rulesets. Ponytail explained it as an agreement made by the server's community to stick to one type of genre. Not a hard rule.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
This isn't totally correct. The servers will not have rulesets. Ponytail explained it as an agreement made by the server's community to stick to one type of genre. Not a hard rule.
In other words, trollish dick towers everywhere.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think if people are able to move at will, you'll find dick towers in the ghetto areas and people in guilds forming area blocks of claims.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Naw, he said some continents would have hard 'Norrath architecture' only rules.

Tol_sl

shitlord
What I want to know is how many claim flags players can have, and what determines it. Station cash per claim kind of a thing? The founder packs say that players can "make more." but that might just be the cosmetic portion?

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad she asked the question and that people answered. I was wondering about those things too. Saved me the time of reading all the bs inbetween the info that goes on in these threads.
I am sure a lot of lurkers and viewers of the thread found my questions very helpful thanks to Flight and Ukerric who kindly gave thorough answers. Unlike those useless posts (just like this one I'm posting now) which serve no purpose except for flooding the thread with redundant hate talk.

I'm really interested in Land Mark but I doubt I'd pay for the Alpha/Beta.
Looking forward to play this game.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yo what the fuck, this game looks awesome.

Someone give me a reason why I shouldn't spend 100 dollars right now.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ya, I really don't even care about EQNext at this point. Landmark is gonna be insane. You KNOW some crazy fucks are gonna build incredible stuff once the 'build your own MMO' (AI, scripting) tools are in place. Hell, I have a couple pretty sweet plans of my own.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This is like next level minecraft with the ability to have bitchin combat.
Ya, I'm really surprised more people aren't super stoked on it. If it is even half of what they are claiming its gonna be some next level shit.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider

Can't tell if serious
tongue.png

To be honest, after learning more about EQ LandMark, I find it quite amusing (not interested in EQ Next at all).
But then again, I'm someone who enjoyed MineCraft.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

Honestly I'm with you on this , serious or not. About to join Creed and the rest for the EQL alpha party.

After all this shit I've give ponytail and crew for the Troll Ninja Paladification of EQ , the more I hear about EQL (storybricks,combat,building,and so on ) I'm very close to pulling the trigger on it.

Throw in I've hit the I'm bored spot with FFXIV ARR (still was a fun game ) , there's zero on the horizon for me in mmo land other than this. Wildstar I'm sure will be fun , just not my style game, ESO is going to be a trainwreck that I'll enjoy watching from the forums , and so on.

I can't really see anything else for me on the horizon I'd enjoy much for the PC more than EQL it seems.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Honestly I'm with you on this , serious or not. About to join Creed and the rest for the EQL alpha party.

After all this shit I've give ponytail and crew for the Troll Ninja Paladification of EQ , the more I hear about EQL (storybricks,combat,building,and so on ) I'm very close to pulling the trigger on it.
I'm here with you. My logic is kind of like, "might as well go for the $60 tier" to get the alpha access...but then I wonder if the 2 day headstart and crafting ring will be worth anything, and if so I might as well just toss in the extra $40. I feel pretty stupid, but I buy like 90% of my games at the 5-10 dollar steam sale level, so my entertainment budget goes a really long way anyway. I'm just kind of contemplating if it's worth splurging on this or if the bonuses will end up being worthless in the long run.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'm here with you. My logic is kind of like, "might as well go for the $60 tier" to get the alpha access...but then I wonder if the 2 day headstart and crafting ring will be worth anything, and if so I might as well just toss in the extra $40. I feel pretty stupid, but I buy like 90% of my games at the 5-10 dollar steam sale level, so my entertainment budget goes a really long way anyway. I'm just kind of contemplating if it's worth splurging on this or if the bonuses will end up being worthless in the long run.
My exact line of thinking. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is waffling between which of the of two alpha packs to go for and for the same reasons as you listed. Will those days matter for a land grab , and will any of those 100.00 items matter at all. I've admitted to myself there are zero other full price PC games in all of 2014 it looks like I'll buy , so might as well go for this one.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I bought the 2 day early access. They've said they expect real estate to be a bought/sold commodity. In the event there is a 'land grab' early on, it could be very advantageous to have first crack at plot selection, and could translate into a tidy profit if the right circumstances play out. If not, it was only $40 and you still get the +crafting ring and vault access. *shrug*

$60 pack is very clearly the sweet spot for price/value... But the $100 pack has the potential to pay dividends in the future, or be a small waste of money. I decided to risk the $40.