EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Couldn't jaggy ass teeth be remedied by SOE just creating a tooth prop? I say that more for their own in-game locales that require finer detail.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I'm sure tons of shit like that will be available post-launch. People will be able to make their own props in 3D programs as well.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
How will it be different from EQ:N?
EQN is going to be a re-imagined Norrath (barely recognizable really) and then an ongoing story akin to the GW2 living story concept. It's an MMORPG (I use the term rpg lightly). Probably limited building taken from EQNL.

EQNL is minecraft game first and testing ground for EQN designs second (should just be named 'Landmark' really) . It'll have sci-fi space shit, cowboy shit and WW2 shit depending on what people want to build.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Really good screenshots of upcoming picks, axes, gear and tables.

403 Forbidden
The Dwarf tool are ridiculously good looking.
Are the goofy edges on the teeth a limitation of the engine or just bad use of the tools?
Smooth in my experience will only take edges down so far; there may be methods around that by constructing them a certain way but with blocks, that is what I would expect the outcome to be.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think rather than relying on props (traditional polygon meshes), they could try implementing Spline, Arc & Curve tools. A spline tool would be really really nice and would solve almost every problem.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any source on this?
Sorry man, there has been so much shit over the past couple of weeks I don't even know where to look, but I remember specifically one of the devs mentioning making something in Maya and importing it through Player Studio.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Any source on this?
There is the player studio thing they're going to tie into Landmark. Right now though we have no idea how restrictive it will be in terms of what can be uploaded. In EQ2 you can model your own housing items so it's possible that SoE will allow things like teeth for Landmark.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Going to be nuts when / if players start importing copyright protected content into EQL.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Going to be nuts when / if players start importing copyright protected content into EQL.
It would be incredibly short-sighted and foolish for SOE to not implement some kind of approval system for Player Studio stuff.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, if they don't have an approval system, Tuco is right. It will be nuts. Literally. There will be a lot of cock and balls getting uploaded.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Player Studio already functions in EQ2.

Edit: Might have bitten off more than I can chew, at my current rate, project will be finished in about 16 days. =(

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Of course there's going to be an approval system. And if anything slips through the cracks there's going to be a policy in place to zap your shit immediately.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Sorry man, there has been so much shit over the past couple of weeks I don't even know where to look, but I remember specifically one of the devs mentioning making something in Maya and importing it through Player Studio.
I went to the SOE event in SD on the 31st. I met with their head of Player Studio, and what he told our group was this exactly. They have a tool that can import objects created in things like Maya into the player studio suite, to be submitted. They absolutely have a group that reviews each item before it is allowed on the marketplace. They wanted to give the players greater ability to use existing tools to build objects for the world that weren't tied to whatever limitations the in-game tools offered.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
can anyone suggest good broadcast software to use with twitch that is fairly painless to setup and use but still offers good resolution?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
can anyone suggest good broadcast software to use with twitch that is fairly painless to setup and use but still offers good resolution?
OBS is probably the most common, and free.
Xsplit was popular but wasn't free last I checked and most streamers moved to OBS.
Nvidia has a streaming app now if you have a series 600 or better gfx card.

I've used both Xsplit (paid 1yr version) and now use OBS. I don't really notice a difference in quality but OBS has a small footprint which I prefer.

Quality is good with any of them really, you just had to screw with the settings to have optimum quality / FPS / latency for your machine.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
awesome, thanks! (not that i'm building anything super awesome, but just have a friend that wants to watch and see)
smile.png