EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Georgeson finished the development roadmap; reading now.

Link

Bah, ninja'd.

EDIT: okay, so it sounds to me that Phase 1 is about getting all the basic functionality in place, and will probably be something like 2/3-3/4 of alpha, Phase 2 is for feature addition, and will be the end of alpha and all of beta, and phase 3 is post-launch content.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excited and some ambitious things to put into what is essentially a building game.

Plus this is going to give them some crazy testing/data for EQ:N before they let the public touch that game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Georgeson finished the development roadmap; reading now.

Link

Bah, ninja'd.

EDIT: okay, so it sounds to me that Phase 1 is about getting all the basic functionality in place, and will probably be something like 2/3-3/4 of alpha, Phase 2 is for feature addition, and will be the end of alpha and all of beta, and phase 3 is post-launch content.
Except each phase is roughly 4 weeks, or at least that is what they are aiming for. So we'll be into Phase 3 during Closed Beta and before launch.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully they will do more player races then just human.

Ogres and trolls please.
I'd imagine that would fall on the post-launch side of things.

Although, they have been really cagey about promising other races, so we'll see if they show up at all.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Except each phase is roughly 4 weeks, or at least that is what they are aiming for. So we'll be into Phase 3 during Closed Beta and before launch.
I imagine we'lltechnicallybe in Phase 3 for part of beta, but functionally it will be more like Phase fixing-the-shit-added-in-phase-2, rather than seeing any Phase 3 features actually added in beta.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully they will do more player races then just human.

Ogres and trolls please.
I don't think that's a priority at all for this game, for Next sure. I wouldn't be shocked to see humans forever and just add races for landmark to the cash shop, since its literally just a cosmetic for landmark.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Expecting delays in each phase that also pushes the subsequent ones further out is probably a good idea. I'm thinking the biggest hurdle will still be water.

misery_sl

shitlord
Awesome roadmap, and I'm glad they are being so open about every little thing they are trying to do. That timeline seems very ambitious to me, and if they manage to pull it off I'll be surprised to say the least. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game and EQNext develop together.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Expecting delays in each phase that also pushes the subsequent ones further out is probably a good idea. I'm thinking the biggest hurdle will still be water.
They admitted as much on the water thing. It even mentions that R&D is ongoing.

Still, I'll take even 6 week intervals. They've been pretty cagey about when Open Beta (soft launch) is supposed to happen so they've got time.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
When they introduce the water at the edges of the world cube, all those beachfront properties are going to have their land value skyrocket.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_60194.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more they talk about what is coming for EQL the more I can't wait to see how it shapes EQN

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is the game down or something right now? I tried to log in and it put me at character creation, like I didn't have a character.

EDIT: Never mind. Now I'm getting the server list and it's showing down.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The more they talk about what is coming for EQL the more I can't wait to see how it shapes EQN
I wasn't interested in EQN at all, till I saw Landmark... I just hope housing and claims are overland and not instanced/floating islands. I'd like them to be spaced waaaay the fuck out from each other though, and several areas around cities/dungeons/landmarks that cannot be claimed on/near.

Oh, yeah, servers are still down, that's why it's asking you to make a new toon.