EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
damn that shit looks nice. That is what I am shooting for myself. Im tired of seeing straight up box style structures. But working with curves is kind of a pain.

Very nicely done.
Thanks
smile.png
. I totally agree with the box type stuff, don't get me wrong some are straight up sweet, but I enjoy the less boxy style too
smile.png
. I've added more but interior only. I want to make something new now just trying to figure out what
smile.png

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I should have a temporary pass to give out. It's like a 7 day thing but I think I have five to give when beta starts. Just need to remind me and I'll throw you one.
I see closed beta is supposed to start on March 31, but have they said how long they estimate it will last? Trying to decide I should fork over $20 or just bum a 7-day key off someone...

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Completely a wild guess , but I'm guessing they have closed beta at least a couple months , from combat testing and other massive changes that aren't in yet , I would think they want to test those all out a good bit before open beta.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
This is me; I hit that point where I could feel the sense of loss building up for investing so much time in stuff that was going away. So excited for the next beta to start, though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This is me; I hit that point where I could feel the sense of loss building up for investing so much time in stuff that was going away. So excited for the next beta to start, though.
You still keep your templates, right? You just have to refarm the resources.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I still need to finish out my tower but yeah, I've hit something of a wall where my desire to log in is pretty low. While I like to experiment as much as the next guy I really want to delve into the upcoming biomes and see what the additional layers bring to the game.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, for me it is all about building templates now before the wipe so that once the wipe happens, I can hit the ground running on my next claim. I've been building stuff, templating it, and then deleting it so I have a clear spot for my next project.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think so. The positive to negative ratio seems very much skewed to the positive and it's just in alpha right now. It's breaking from the mold.

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
While I definitely have fun right now as it is, I am sure they intend to make it much more "gamey" than it currently is. I am really interested in seeing where this ends up.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So what is the general thought about this game?

Has SoE got something special here?
It's looking quite good right now but I'd say it's still hard to really tell before we get caves and the intended ore mining mechanics in as well as combat. Once I see those I'll feel more comfortable in making a final judgement on the game.

Tol_sl

shitlord
So what is the general thought about this game?

Has SoE got something special here?
I have some concerns, but I have to admit that I'm VERY impressed. The creativity is amazing, and I'm shocked no one has done MMO minecraft right until now. I think they have something amazing on their hands if they handle it correctly.

My concerns? Well, I'm worried that a lot of people play these games to keep building cool stuff. I'm worried that only having a few plots, and upkeep costs that grow exponentially will make players lose interest. For example, I finished building a cool thing on my plot, and now I don't want to rip it down, so I can't really play without destroying my stuff. As a result, I haven't been logging in as much lately.

I would say the potential here is enormous, but I'm not sure how they can really address these issues.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't played, but can't you template the thing you built so that you aren't really losing it, then tear it down and start something new?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I would say the potential here is enormous, but I'm not sure how they can really address these issues.
DG has said multiple times that a casual player should be able to upkeep 4-5 claims. Your concerns are valid on paper, but I don't think they should be considered real concerns until we actually see these systems in place. Still a long way to go.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have some concerns, but I have to admit that I'm VERY impressed. The creativity is amazing, and I'm shocked no one has done MMO minecraft right until now. I think they have something amazing on their hands if they handle it correctly.

My concerns? Well, I'm worried that a lot of people play these games to keep building cool stuff. I'm worried that only having a few plots, and upkeep costs that grow exponentially will make players lose interest. For example, I finished building a cool thing on my plot, and now I don't want to rip it down, so I can't really play without destroying my stuff. As a result, I haven't been logging in as much lately.

I'd hope you can have the option to "pay" upkeep in Station cash so I can drop like $10 a month and not worry about farming ore for hours.

I mean it's a free game and I think it's fantastic so far, I have no problem dropping money on it.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
DG has said multiple times that a casual player should be able to upkeep 4-5 claims. Your concerns are valid on paper, but I don't think they should be considered real concerns until we actually see these systems in place. Still a long way to go.
4-5 is quite generous for a free game. The extra plots beyond that is just where they will make some money.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, I could imagine some people really going crazy and wanting an entire island (or whatever the term is).

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It would be awesome to see a system put in place that would allow guilds to get an entire island as a claim. Rerolled Island, home of the misanthropes and trolls.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
4-5 is quite generous for a free game. The extra plots beyond that is just where they will make some money.
Also in theory they are going to allow cooprative areas so if you can join claims from two or three people you could make a pretty healthy sized town/fortress.