EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Hey everyone!

We've seen a few posts hoping to get this list ahead of time. These islands will be available on the returning Courage, Liberation, Satisfaction (EU), Understanding (EU), and Serenity, as well as the NEW Rebellion, Determination, Confidence, and Adventure!

Here are the new Island names that will be coming tomorrow with Closed Beta:
Abyss
Arch
Barrier
Bay
Beach
Brook
Canal
Cave
Channel
Cliff
Coral
Crater
Delta
Dune
Estuary
Fjord
Gully
Hilltop
Kettle
Lagoon
Lavatube
Levee
Lowland
Marsh
Outwash
Overhang
Oxbow
Peak
Pit
Playa
Point
Rapids
Ridge
Rift
Scree
Shield
Shoal
Sound
Spine
Spring
Trench
Timber
Summit
Terrace
Tor
Tunnel
Vale
Valley
Wetland
Start planning with your friends and fellow players where you think you'd like to meet up once the servers are back online!
smile.png

~Dexella

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Hi everyone!

I'll be keeping this thread updated with News & Announcements over the next day(+) as we transition from Alpha to Closed Beta. As mentioned previously, the old Alpha forums have transitioned to the read-only archive. You should be able to see all of those posts now, but you will not be able to post/reply.

As you know, the servers are currently offline as we prepare for Closed Beta. Our current estimate for servers opening up on Wednesday, March 26th is 10:00AM PDT*, but this is just a rough estimate. As we get closer and have a more solid estimate, I will keep you updated.

UPDATED (12:30PM PDT, March 25): You will need to download a new launcher for Closed Beta. E-mails with the new download link will be sent out tomorrow (March 26). You do not have to uninstall your Alpha launcher, but it will take up a considerable amount of space and is highly recommended that you remove it. The Alpha launcher will not automatically update to the Closed Beta launcher; it is separate. The download instructions will also be posted here on the forums.

More news to come!

~Dexella

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ponytail pro tips for closed beta launch.

Hey folks,

If you played Alpha, then the beginning steps after you enter the world have changed a bit. Just to avoid confusion, here's a few starting steps for you! (Also useful for you folks that are completely new to the game!)

IF YOU HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Mine some copper and craft a pair of Keen Eye Bands (discovery stat ftw!)
* Go find some iron and the other resources you need to make a claim flag.
* Make that flag at the BASIC FORGE at the Hub. (The hub no longer has a Stone Forge.)
* Go stake your claim.
* Then build a STONE forge at your claim so that you can make Iron Ingots and such. (Basic Forge only smelts copper and tin.)
* Build an Alchemy Station, then an Iron Pick, then a Silver Axe.
* Up to you at this point, but pro tip...consider an Outfitter's Station so you get access to better Discovery accessories.

IF YOU DO *NOT* HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Start out by building a Copper Pick.
* Gather more copper and build a pair of Keen Eye Bands
* Build a Tin Axe (not strictly necessary, but nicer than the Stone Axe).
* Build a claim flag and plant your claim
* Refer to the post-claim steps in the list above!

Enjoy!

Smokejumper, 18 minutes ago

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think my one wish at the moment is that they'd make the islands bigger so they can support more than two biomes.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I had to refund my alpha due to it not working too well (it was extremely choppy, not in FPS, but my character warped up and down like mad when I crossed different claims/zones), but if anyone has a spare beta key when they become available, I wouldn't mind one
smile.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think my one wish at the moment is that they'd make the islands bigger so they can support more than two biomes.
At least they have a bigger mix of biomes now so it is not two sets of two paired biomes. It looks like they have all the combos of the existing biomes available now. So desert/tundra or jungle/old growth and all the other combos.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
i bought the 20 dollar beta pack and havent received a download link yet. Do they send a seperate link to your email like most games?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
i bought the 20 dollar beta pack and havent received a download link yet. Do they send a seperate link to your email like most games?
I think those will start being sent out as the servers come up and are ready to dish out the new data that does not seem like that has happened yet so no sense sending links to something people could not yet hit.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Smed just said still "few hours" away....look for emails in next 3 hours I would assume.

Also..make sure to delete alpha launcher, as it will not work.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 2h

@Vortigon_ We don't recommend installing the game on an SSD...yet. The cache inflates a lot as you explore the world.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
Anybody down to get together and do some team building? I need a place to call my own as I facepalm about Rise of the fallen.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
UPDATED (11:40AM PDT, March 26): E-mails will not be sent until the servers are up and ready to be opened. At that time, we will begin sending out the e-mails with download instructions (to everyone in Closed Beta) and the shareable keys (to Trailblazer pack holders). This is also when the download instructions will be posted on the forums. Time is still TBD.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
they were talking about what is coming a bit and mentioned they really want at least the lake/ocean part of of the water effect system and caves to hit at the same time so they can just do one wipe and get both up and active.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Smed just said still "few hours" away....look for emails in next 3 hours I would assume.

Also..make sure to delete alpha launcher, as it will not work.
wait, what, i have to redownload from somewhere? I can't just patch up my current Alpha??