EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Confirmed. No claim wipes when caves go in.

David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 3h

Even better news! THERE WILL BE NO CLAIM WIPE when CAVES debut. (Details today on Landmark Live.) Build freely, Landmarkians!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Here's their current style guide for dark elf architecture.Link

The basic idea behind this whole thing is that they release the style guide to us, give us a month to riff off of it (or just build whatever we feel is "dark elfy" in style) and then they'll use that to revise and finalize the dark elf style, then move on to the next race.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
lol @ around 57 minutes in. They bring up showing the old Dark Elf image as a reference to what they look like in EQN and Jeff and Rosie slammed it pretty quick saying they're being iterated on. It sounds like the cries have been heard. I bet the next time we see them they'll look a but less blue Aladdin and a bit more mean.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im always so amazed at some of the shit people come up with. Some of the structures players have made that are in the competition right now are just fucking amazing. The Art Team is still going to have to do some work, but EverQuest Next is just going to blow everyones socks off when it comes to in-game structures. The shit just gets me excited to play EQ: Next, just thinking about it. As for letting players hash out how they think each race should act, their architecture and even their lighting is also another brilliant move. Thinking back to Neriak and places, the structures that were truly ornate in EQ 1 really do match the concept art that was just presented.

If SOE drops the ball on this, Im going to be so sad.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
These were my favorites.

rrr_img_68111.jpg
rrr_img_68112.jpg
rrr_img_68113.jpg
rrr_img_68114.jpg
rrr_img_68115.jpg
rrr_img_68116.jpg

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I've seen this brought up in the thread in the past, but Elidroth can you shed any light on the draw distance? Is it a WIP item? As it stands, these structures can look amazing but back up a few feet and they look noticeably worse. Back up a good enough distance and things get nasty. Nobody wants Freeport to be an eyesore in EQN from a distance.

I know you're on the EQ1 team, but maybe you've got some insight here.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
No insight really. I can ask though. I know exactly what you're talking about as I'm seen it on my own. I do know there are a lot of settings that can be adjusted for level of detail rendering distance and such. I'll send Steve Klug an email about that and let you know what I hear back.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Awesome, thanks. I'll be interested in seeing what he has to say. It's all fine right now, it's not too concerning in Landmark (for me at least). When it comes to EQN though, it's a different story.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Awesome, thanks. I'll be interested in seeing what he has to say. It's all fine right now, it's not too concerning in Landmark (for me at least). When it comes to EQN though, it's a different story.
100% agree, EQN will not do very well if you have to be within the "claim boundaries" to see detail in unique objects. There needs to be a better cache or priority system.