EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
OK I am already massively disappointed by something from yesterday's stream. The claim is tiny as hell. I literally was hoping for something about 20 times bigger than that.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It'll really depend on the cost of claim maintenance for those one man projects. I really hope that during alpha we can convince them to add in some mechanics that'll allow guilds to group up their individual claims to build a town/castle/whatever.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
MSandersonD 20h
@DaveGeorgeson @omeeddariani +1 to you. Just waiting on that email. Still on track for what @j_smedley had mentioned for late January alpha?

David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 19h
@MSandersonD @omeeddariani @j_smedley That would be telling. But we work hard to make sure that John is never incorrect.
smile.png

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
That claim size is probably just big enough to build a decent sized house. I thought it was telling when Omeed said to the effect 'we'd really love you if you had 100 claims' in regards to upkeep. Sure sounds like that will be monetized somehow, i.e. this will be F2P but as soon as you plant a claim flag you'll be on the hook for $. Will that be real $, SC, or in-game currency (have they even mentioned in-game currency for Landmark?), who knows.
They infer you can sell your mats and state selling templates to other players is possible, but have they mentioned the currency going to be used for these transactions?
Also the part about moving you claim, it also seems that moving/packing it up is only the templates NOT mats you've used up (and who knows about mats in a chest on your claim), so if I lapse and they package up my claims only thing that will be saved is the house schematic and I'd prolly lose all the mats that I used to build the house.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They said there was no current guild claim type of a system in. Something that could change in Alpha/Beta depending on how many people make enough noise.

Another thing I noted was they said there is a buffer zone around claims that prevent other people from crowding you. This also makes it hard for guilds to build since they'll be stuck working around these buffer zones as well. The buffer zone rule does not apply to any extra claims you may have however so the only way I could see guild plots working atm is one person owning all the land and just having all guild members donate x% to pay the upkeep for that person.

The system definitely needs work to make it guild friendly.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm guessing they will have to implement some type of guild system or make combining lots of lots for guilds something easy to do.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
They definitely should have some sort of guild claim. Have a guild claim be massive but expensive, and the expense divided amongst guild members as dues. That way you could technically have a guild of one, but you'd be fitting the entire bill.. or a guild of 100 with a much lighter load-per-person.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
OK I am already massively disappointed by something from yesterday's stream. The claim is tiny as hell. I literally was hoping for something about 20 times bigger than that.
Well that's just a totally unrealistic expectation.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I was about to say, it's about the size I assumed a plot would be , they weren't going to give you 20 football fields of space for a single plot, which is what 20 times the plot size would almost be. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to be 70m x70m in game?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah looking at the videos.. that plot was pretty damn large.

Question for you guys:

When we're able to get in, do you think you're gonna start building around some other people, maybe try to get some good land early in more "established" parts already being built on..
or
Are you going to go out in the world and really search for somewhere no matter how far it is away from anything?

Obviously the worlds are going to be huge. I really think I'm going to try and venture as far away from everyone as I can up on a mountain somewhere.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
For me it will also depend on how the whole trade system works.

They kept saying there will be desirable areas alluding to convenience factors.

Also I'm considering building my shack dead in the middle of some haughty elven RP section and holding them for ransom if they want me to pack up and move they have to pay up........

rrr_img_56989.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah looking at the videos.. that plot was pretty damn large.

Question for you guys:

When we're able to get in, do you think you're gonna start building around some other people, maybe try to get some good land early in more "established" parts already being built on..
or
Are you going to go out in the world and really search for somewhere no matter how far it is away from anything?

Obviously the worlds are going to be huge. I really think I'm going to try and venture as far away from everyone as I can up on a mountain somewhere.
I probably won't even build anything for quite a while. I'm gonna run around exploring and digging at the world first just to figure things out. Observing player claim distribution patterns is high on my to-do list as well. I'm also curious to see what exactly the 'Landmarks' are.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
I didn't watch the whole stream but from the sounds of it, the property contents are stored within the claim, and when you renege on the upkeep it just gets packaged up and stored away until you pay up again. Not sure if that means you can move your single claim around easily or not?

The claim size seemed fine to me. They said you could have multiple claims, so I'd bet you could manage the upkeep for 3-5 claims on your own. Might depend how many objects are in the claim? Might be able to just set up shacks near resource areas.