EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hmm.. So there doesn't seem to be much value in the 2 day head start?

As for paying for claims is that from station cash?? Sounds like a sub without saying its a sub...
As I understood it, it'll be an upkeep using an in-game resource of one form or another, not (station) cash. They mentioned that one of the things that will limit how many claims an individual will have is, simply, that eventually a player won't be able to put in enough hours in the game to collect the rent for all their claims.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For people in alpha. Building of course is in place, and some crafting. No combat yet. If I heard correctly some danger will be in place though during alpha.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't they say no combat at launch already? I would think that means its not in alpha/beta either.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For people in alpha. Building of course is in place, and some crafting. No combat yet. If I heard correctly some danger will be in place though during alpha.
The fact they kept emphasizing "day 1 of alpha" when talking about combat not being in place is interesting. Sounds like the game is, at least, launching with combat, maybe even implemented by the end of alpha. Sooner than I was expecting.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't they say no combat at launch already? I would think that means its not in alpha/beta either.
Terry said tonight no combat in alpha. Omeed Went on to say combat would be in at release. I do recall them saying no combat at launch months ago though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Terry said tonight no combat in alpha. Omeed Went on to say combat would be in at release. I do recall them saying no combat at launch months ago though.
Crazy they went from no combat at launch to being able to get it into beta sometime and there at launch.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_56890.jpg

Zarcath

Silver Squire
As far as combatants go, that's probably the most simple they could implement. It doesn't move, it has a fixed range of attack. To deal damage to it, it probably just treats it like a resource node that your pickaxe chips at. We'll see how prolific they are in the world, if they're hand placed in certain areas. If they're rushing to put these flavor combatants in, I'd expect to see more fixed location monsters (treants, rock monster, etc).

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
New info sounds great, though I'm a little disheartened that full-scale recreations of places from EQ1 are pretty much impossible with the current claim size, without maintaining (what sounds like) a massive upkeep. I suppose people would have to band together and sacrifice their claim for a specific cause if they want to do that.. "My claim has the lower half of a tree from Kelethin project in it" heh

I don't think well be seeing any to-scale Enterprises, Westeros, etc in this game without some catch for large-scale projects. Even if 100 people combined their claims, it would be easy for one to lapse or drop off the project and you'd have a hole in your project