EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the thing. I don't care about players building EQN. I never have. I just want to play EQN. Why have they attached all this extra shit to an ip I enjoyed? I feel like I've been enduring this Eql experimemt at this point. Some will argue that eql hasn't slowed EQN down but I disagree. Same team working on both projects. Eql is basically a flop at this point and now I gotta sit through a contest for building eqn that only a handful of people even give a fuck about. It's just too fucking slow. Call my logic dumb but this whole process has been tedious. Let's not forget that the players paid to get in Eql to alpha test and now they are building assets for free. Can we be any more retarded as consumers?

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
Granted, the players have already made a shit ton of good content. Some of the stuff from the Ogre design contest I'd love to see in EQ Next, and love to walk through with my PC, if it was a real functioning game with mobs and factions and you know, the elements of an MMO.

The players have totally made enough good art assets for a beta, it's just that SOE has been incompetent as fuck at adhering to any timeline whatsoever. They've disrespected the EQL players who worked their asses off to build and design good stuff for them, some of it professional enough to actually belong in an MMO.

it feels slow cause the volunteerwork<-->workshopfeedback is slow (weekly), though they have intermittently posted on the forums as well. ...it takes a few weeks before the style permeates and normalizes from a few builders to the rest. i wish they'd post more frequently. more frequent workshops i dont think is the answer as they already tend to repeat alot. getting the stylistic nuances/feel may seem a bit repetitive but the result is a more consistent subtle architecture.

generally the feedback (particularly by rosie) is professional, insightful annd positive. darkelf,orge,kerran were done and the current is qeynos. there's alot of races/cities that have yet to be done and at this pace it seemsmto slow despite the high quality return. what they need is more initial concept art that makes it way into the feedback loop faster on the forums.

open up a server that is dedicated to eqn that the players themselves can work on the eqn world. maybe have the plots set where anyone can modify and submit changes to a plot(s) by approval of the initial creator and devs... and by a voting policy. point is, to allow someone to add little things over time (ie adding a lilttle garden).
lock down areas where the cities whose concept art isnt out yet.
have feedback system ingame tagged to plots/items that works in tandem with the forums.
give ownership to guilds/ingameclasses such that u can submit changes to a plot as part of the core game itself. ex, building a new monument from xxx metal might give bonuses to the mage class.
static game = dismissive once u are overly familiar with it.
the game might suck, but touring player work is enjoyable as is seeing the progression in the worksshops (though the last few have been soso, ...maybe with all the changes)
also, ffs give the ppl who are working on your game unlimited resources.

Kerran workshop landmark 2014 - YouTube
Ogre Workshop Landmark - YouTube

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm fine with a less goofy Ogre as the such a type has always been in the lore and every generation of EQ Ogre has taken us a step closer to this point. One could say that maybe making orcs playable could have utilized that position, but that would tread too closely to WoW and Ogres have a better presence. Orcs may have their day. In my mind they do.
The teased goofy race is probably the Halflings, rounded stuntlings that revolve their society around mischief. They realize that some law is still needed so they wear masks and take on false names so when they are offduty they can still muck about. I could see some cool tumbles and rolls with Halfling specific heroic movements.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
So is this beta live or ?
Latest news is that there's a big patch at the end of April, but it will still be in closed beta.

4/29 Update (Delayed to coordinate with the end of the Qeynos competition)
More achievements and achievement polish
New-user experience changes to make it more approachable and more understandable (moved from 3/26 update due to dependencies with the crafting consolidation)
Combat iterations
Crafting consolidation and cleanup
Yet more Building improvements
New islands
New biomes
Large Humans
Ability to purchase more claim flag (and attached claim flag) slots via the Marketplace
More props and materials
Claim Vendors - The timing on this one may change, but simply due to births of babies to development team members.
*4/29 will require our only intended character wipe along with a claim wipe*

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Here's the thing. I don't care about players building EQN. I never have. I just want to play EQN. Why have they attached all this extra shit to an ip I enjoyed? I feel like I've been enduring this Eql experimemt at this point. Some will argue that eql hasn't slowed EQN down but I disagree. Same team working on both projects. Eql is basically a flop at this point and now I gotta sit through a contest for building eqn that only a handful of people even give a fuck about. It's just too fucking slow. Call my logic dumb but this whole process has been tedious. Let's not forget that the players paid to get in Eql to alpha test and now they are building assets for free. Can we be any more retarded as consumers?
Well its alot cheaper to have players develop the content than paid designers

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, my hype level may be zero for EQN, but holy hell some of the stuff players are churning out these days looks awesome.

rrr_img_94073.jpg
rrr_img_94074.jpg
rrr_img_94075.jpg
rrr_img_94076.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Very impressive.

I have more fun seeing these pics than actually building stuff in EQL.

Did they ever implement the rotation tool? I figure that would have changed the building game quite a bit. Make it a bit less tedious anyway.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It does look nice, like mostly nice enough to be in game, but there's still something flat (not sure if that's the right word) about the textures. Pretty sure that can be fixed with updates. My hype is around 0 percent with EQN because it seems like such a non-existent thing right now but I'll never stop hoping it turns into something because what other games are in development with PVE in mind? By all means, if there's something that'd be great.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
While there were some unfurnished structures, for the most part those looked ready to just drop directly into production. I'm sure the video only captured the most favorable angles, but those were all pretty impressive.

My biggest concern is how jarring all the plaques saying "Soandso made this" if DB ends up using a lot of playermade stuff from Landmark. Hopefully it will be discreet.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It does look nice, like mostly nice enough to be in game, but there's still something flat (not sure if that's the right word) about the textures. Pretty sure that can be fixed with updates. My hype is around 0 percent with EQN because it seems like such a non-existent thing right now but I'll never stop hoping it turns into something because what other games are in development with PVE in mind? By all means, if there's something that'd be great.
I think you're noticing the lack of 'finishing touches'. Banners, torches, and other environmental props will certainly help make things look complete. These things either aren't in game yet, or players haven't been using them properly. It's not that the textures themselves are bad, it's that the world itself lacks 'texture'.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
While there were some unfurnished structures, for the most part those looked ready to just drop directly into production. I'm sure the video only captured the most favorable angles, but those were all pretty impressive.

My biggest concern is how jarring all the plaques saying "Soandso made this" if DB ends up using a lot of playermade stuff from Landmark. Hopefully it will be discreet.
They might use their voxel vision functionality for giving credit, which would only show when flipped on (basically each voxel in the game is given credit for who built it)